PDA

View Full Version : New Daytona LT - questions

SteveK
1st July 2006, 02:30
So I orderd a Daytona LT from Zanotti and it came today. I ordered the LF-542S and from the box it is labeled correctly. Looked on the order and it is labeled 0804-0156. That looks correct. So I mount it without problems. They had a bracket that screwed to the bottom of the seat.

My issue is a) it appears to be the 2up seat vs the Sport seat and b) the front is pretty wide, about 6". When I went for a ride it pushed back on the bracket from where I had tightened it down. Also seems to slide some from side to side in the front. The tongue is carpeted.

Does anyone else have one of these seats on a 1200R. I would be curious if they had a similar experience.

Attached are some pics.

Thanks,
Steve

hybriDatsun350
1st July 2006, 19:04
The front of the seat looks like it is molded to fit the 4.5 gallon tank, and it does appear to be more of a two-up than a sport. Maybe they gave you the wrong one or you ordered the wrong one. :dunno

SteveK
3rd July 2006, 04:03
Thanks, Zanotti replied to an email and are going to check it out Wednesday. The model on the box and the invoice appear to be the correct numbers, looks like the seat isnt.

snowman
3rd July 2006, 04:12
Steve,

Take a look at Johnny G's bike in the gallery. I think he has the seat you are looking for (he doesn't have a roadster though)..:wonderlan :wonderlan :wonderlan

SteveK
1st September 2006, 04:49
After the LT seat was backordered twice and after reading how it put you farther forward I asked Zanotti to change my order to a Mustang Vintage Wide solo and Std rear seat. I just got notification that it shipped today. Cant wait to try it out. The Daytripper is pretty hard on the ass after over 200 miles in a day.

Gone
1st September 2006, 05:04
After the LT seat was backordered twice and after reading how it put you farther forward I asked Zanotti to change my order to a Mustang Vintage Wide solo and Std rear seat. I just got notification that it shipped today. Cant wait to try it out. The Daytripper is pretty hard on the ass after over 200 miles in a day.

It was backordered twice to me also and in the end, I received the wrong seat just as you did. Mine came Monday. It was the Daytona 2 Up LT. Correct label on box, but in the box the seat was stamped LF-748 and not LF-742S. Zanotti is refunding my money after a 7 week wait and getting wrong seat. I sent it back to them and they received it today. I found the seat in California (through another cycle accsy store), they had it sent to them, inspected it to make sure it is the correct seat and I should be receiving it via UPS on Wednesday. LePera told me I might get set back one inch and down an inch or so from the Mustang Vintage Solo. Hope that is true, though it's really the look that I like better.