PDA

View Full Version : favorite rock album

lagerdrinker
21st July 2006, 12:20
so whats everybody's favorite rock albums top 3 and favorite live album

ill go first by adding Led Zeppelin II, 2nd place would be zeppelin's first and really dont have a #3.
favorite live is ministry's in case you didnt feel like showing up.

Sportster Girl
21st July 2006, 13:42
Fav album, Hotel California. Know it front and back. I was a teenager the summer it came out in '75 or '76. Whenever I hear something on it, it transports me right back to that time.....what good times!

#2 AC/DC 'Back in Black' .

Favorite live albums, the Eagles Live from the early 80's and the Skynyrd live album.

Good thread lager, I am at this very moment compiling my "Greatest Hits of Rock n Roll" collection and should get some good ideas from it.....

650brad
21st July 2006, 21:06
Man, that's a tough one. Being a musician, I've been exposed to so much good music in all styles, it's hard to choose. But, I'll try.
Best live album- Lynyrd Skynyrd, One More From The Road. When I was first learning to play guitar, live albums were the ones to jam along with because all the songs were in the same tuning, I didn't need to re-tune in order to play the next song. And Skynyrd's song writing really hits home for me. Honorable mentions go to AC/DC, Got Blood If You Want It and The Rolling Stones ,Love You Live. Oh, yeah, Aerosmith, Live Bootleg.
Top 3 Rock albums
#1- ZZ Top's First album. More of a blues thing than rock but, totally awesome anyhow.
#2- Rolling Stones, Some Girls. I love the Stones and could have picked 10 albums for this one. This is what popped into my head first.
#3- Pink Floyd, The Wall. I was never a big Floyd fan until I heard this one.
Honorable mentions go to anything Stevie Ray Vaughan, anything Big Sugar, anything Eagles, anything Aerosmith, etc.
Music is alot like religion and politics. No matter what you like, someone will argue with you over it. It's so subjective. If you would have left out the "Rock" aspect, my first 2 picks, Skynyrd and ZZ Top, would be the same but the rest would be different. Ask me tommorow and I'll give you a different answer. There's just way too much good music and too many bands to choose from.

Y2K
21st July 2006, 21:31

ill go first by adding Led Zeppelin II, 2nd place would be zeppelin's first and really dont have a #3.

Ditto Zepp II & I, for third a toss up with Zepp VI and Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon.
Then again in a different mood it could be anyone of Santana's early alblums ;)

Y2K
21st July 2006, 21:33
[QUOTE=650brad]
#1- ZZ Top's First album. More of a blues thing than rock but, totally awesome anyhow.
QUOTE]

I have an old vinyl copy of that,most people I play it for have never heard it.:)

Sportster Girl
21st July 2006, 22:03
[QUOTE=650brad]
QUOTE]

I have an old vinyl copy of that,most people I play it for have never heard it.:)

The early ZZ Top stuff is the cats azz! :D I love it!

Things started slipping around the time of Dueguello... and after that, fugettaboutit. just my opinion....

txsporty
22nd July 2006, 01:37
Led Zeppelin, I, II, & III :clap :clap :clap :clap

Live Album: Grand Funk Railroad!!!:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

:D

lagerdrinker
22nd July 2006, 01:52
Good thread lager, I am at this very moment compiling my "Greatest Hits of Rock n Roll" collection and should get some good ideas from it.....

so much great music. im doing the same and theres always a great one ive never heard of. looks like ill be looking for zz top's first.

80's AL
22nd July 2006, 06:12
I'll have to go with Sportster Girl....AC/DC Back in Black....KILLLER album..

CustomBlue
22nd July 2006, 06:15
Todd Rudgren's ICON
Neal Young's DECADE
Pink Floyd's RELICS

Monstermile
22nd July 2006, 18:37
Top 3 Rock albums
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Live Album
KISS Alive 1 - First heard this when I was 8 years old. My next door neighbor had it and I could not stop listening to it. I was officially hooked on Rock 'n Roll. It changed my musical tastes at a very young age.

Jason's Sporty
22nd July 2006, 23:11
oh man for me it has to Green Day's dookie
Metallica's black album and Gnr's use your illusion I&II.
Yeah the early 90's were good for me lol!!!

Crash03
22nd July 2006, 23:19
Ok. In no particular order...

1. AC/DC- "Back in Black"
2. Kid Rock- "Devil Without a Cause"
3. Meatloaf- "Bat out of Hell" (yeah I know, but I like it)

Best live...

There's a GREAT live CD of Pink Floyd's "The Wall" but my favorite is probably Eric Clapton "Unplugged".

Sportster Girl
22nd July 2006, 23:40
Oooo, just thought of 2 more good live albums....Frampton Comes Alive and Cheap Trick LIve at Budokhan (sp?)

\:banana

Crash03
23rd July 2006, 02:56
Oooo, just thought of 2 more good live albums....Frampton Comes Alive and Cheap Trick LIve at Budokhan (sp?)

\:banana

"Live at Budhokan" ROCKS! But I always thought the Frampton one was over-rated.

meidingt
23rd July 2006, 08:49
Hey all,

I suppose Zeppelin 2 would be up there but looking at the southern bands posted I can't imagine much better than some of the early Allman Brothers! That's rockin and rollin to me.--Tom

650brad
23rd July 2006, 09:29
Hey all,

I suppose Zeppelin 2 would be up there but looking at the southern bands posted I can't imagine much better than some of the early Allman Brothers! That's rockin and rollin to me.--Tom
I have Live at Fillmore East as well as the more recent Fillmore Concerts. Totally awesome! The Allmans aren't so much a rock band as they are a blues/jam band but, they are unbelievable, nontheless. Had this thread not been about Rock, The Allman Brothers Band would have been right up there for me. I really have a hard time categorizing music by genre. It's either good or bad, for me at least. I mean, I can listen to Merle Haggard, Soundgarden, Tool, Ray Charles, Buddy Guy, Blue Rodeo and Alice cooper all in a row and love every second of it. The one thing I do hate, however, is this Hip-Hop/ Rap shit. I know I'll probably offend someone with that but it's just my opinion. It's music by definition only. I find no redeaming value in it, whatsoever. :frownthre

deanbruhn
23rd July 2006, 11:17
Shit this is a tough one. I am going to go with my top 3 of the moment, because my all time list is absent. And who every made this post come on high fidelity its always gotta be top 5 lists they provide just enough room to really think about it.

Bane - It all comes down to this
At the Drive in - Relationship of command
Refused - The shape of punk to come

Live
Brian Setzer - Rocking By Myself (live in japan)

These are my rock records of choice at the moment.

Dubfire
23rd July 2006, 16:22
I'm going with Electric Ladyland by Jimi Hendrix just because I'm surprised no-one has mentionned him yet!

bsporty
23rd July 2006, 18:33
Metallica- Master of puppets
Metallica-Kill em all
Black sabbath

669Sprink
23rd July 2006, 19:46
Pink Floyd- The Wall
Led Zeppelin- I
Led Zeppelin- III

lagerdrinker
24th July 2006, 05:11
And who every made this post come on high fidelity its always gotta be top 5 lists they provide just enough room to really think about it.

im not a post nazi, i wont get you banned for adding more favorites:roflblack :roflblack :roflblack

Crash03
24th July 2006, 13:44
I'm surprised with all the Zep getting thrown around in this thread, I don't think I saw ANYONE mention Zeppelin IV (zoso)

idastardlydick
24th July 2006, 17:07
The Wildhearts - Must Be Destroyed :cool:
Foo Fighters - In Your Honour: :rockband
AC/DC - Back In Black :urock:

Live Album

AC/DC - If you Want Blood. Recorded at the Glasgow Apollo. :bagpipe

jssport
25th July 2006, 18:56
All the Grateful Dead stuff (Shakedown St., Blues 4 Allah + Terrapin)
{"Standing on the Moon" makes me cry}

James Gang Rides again

Aerosmith "Get Your Wings"

only 3 ?, I'm just getting started

btw, best live show {79 GD in Hampton VA, that was a long strange trip}

Lynard Skynard (2 days before they started recording the live album in GA) with the Outlaws as backup

ajax68
29th July 2006, 01:12
Tool: Lateralis
Tom Petty: Wildflowers
White Zombie: La Sexertisto

Live
Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson: Storytellers

Homarr
29th July 2006, 18:21
Shoot, I have a lot of compilation albums...

1. The Ultimate Experience
2. Sultans of Swing
3. Remasters

S&M is a pretty awesome live album.

k-poppy
4th August 2006, 00:05
Well I guess I better put my 2 cents in here.. Its hard to pick only 3 albums. But I think The Beatles Abbey Road, The Rolling Stones Exile on main street.. And Black Sabbath Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. As for live ,.. The Who Live at Leeds.. How the hell you only pick 3 I dont know? I could list hundreds.. By the way , I brought my daughtor down in the basement the other day and showed her my old album collection. She couldent believe we used to put these huge things on a turntable to play them. I explained the procedure to her, she laughed like hell...

POP

Clarinetcat
13th August 2006, 15:55
#1 without question - Pink Floyd, The Wall
#2 Metallica - Black Album
#3 Boston - Boston

Oh yeah... AC/DC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/thumbs/Cat_Burglar.jpg 2006 Sportster 1200 Custom, Vivid Black
Taxes paid: Ness Big Sucker, Samson BigGuns3 Slashers, HONK HONK Stebel AirHorn :burnout
Cat's Litter Box (http://xlforum.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=8623)
http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/Let_Me_Out.jpg Let me OUT! I wanna go ride my Sporty!
Got a cat the other day. Had to swerve to get it, but I got it.

Crash03
14th August 2006, 00:03
[QUOTE=Clarinetcat]

Dude, you couldn't be any more wrong, on the wrongest day of your life, with an electrified wrongifier!!!

Clarinetcat
14th August 2006, 00:16
Dude, you couldn't be any more wrong, on the wrongest day of your life, with an electrified wrongifier!!!
You like AC/DC? My opinion... They SUCK!!!! I can't help it if you have no taste.
:eek Well... I take that back. You must have some taste... you like Zeppelin at least...

650brad
14th August 2006, 06:01
You like AC/DC? My opinion... They SUCK!!!! I can't help it if you have no taste.
:eek Well... I take that back. You must have some taste... you like Zeppelin at least...
Newer AC/DC sucks and I'm a fan. Most stuff after Back in Black sucks but, there are still some gems in there. Bon Scott totally rocks!!!

XLFREAK
14th August 2006, 11:41
How about, Led Zeppelin 1, Tres Hombres, Exile on Main Street

650brad
15th August 2006, 06:13
Lynyrd Skynyrd-Street Survivors, Stevie Ray Vaughan-Couldn't Stand the Weather, David Lindley-ELRAYO-X
Live album, Lonnie Mack-Attack of the Killer V
Like I said in my earlier post, ask me on a different day. Those are my picks for today.:D

Crash03
16th August 2006, 19:24
Newer AC/DC sucks and I'm a fan.
Newer AC/DC isn't as good, but they've changed. Kinda like Metallica, some people like the "new" stuff some people think everything after "...And Justice for All" is a sellout.

Most stuff after Back in Black sucks but, there are still some gems in there. Bon Scott totally rocks!!! I like Bon Scott. Soe of my favorite AC/DC songs are his. But there have been a TON of great songs with Brian Johnson.
"For Those About to Rock"
"Dirty Deeds"
"Big Balls"
"Shake Your Foundations"
"Thunderstruck"
"Given' the Dog a Bone"
"Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"
"What Do You Do For Money, Honey?"
"Lets Get it Up"
"Have a Drink On Me"

650brad
17th August 2006, 05:57
Newer AC/DC isn't as good, but they've changed. Kinda like Metallica, some people like the "new" stuff some people think everything after "...And Justice for All" is a sellout.

I like Bon Scott. Soe of my favorite AC/DC songs are his. But there have been a TON of great songs with Brian Johnson.
"For Those About to Rock"
"Dirty Deeds"
"Big Balls"
"Shake Your Foundations"
"Thunderstruck"
"Given' the Dog a Bone"
"Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"
"What Do You Do For Money, Honey?"
"Lets Get it Up"
"Have a Drink On Me"
Dude, most of those songs are from "Back in Black". Dirty Deeds and Big Balls are Bon Scott tunes from the album "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap". All good songs, though. And I really don't have anything against Brian Johnson, he's without a doubt the best replacement they could have found. But, as a song writer, he's no Bon Scott. :D

Homarr
19th August 2006, 02:03
Well we don't salute you, hehe.

You gotta take AC/DC for what it is. It's not clever, it's not fancy, it's not complicated, it's not groundbreaking. It is just good 'ol guitar driven, high energy rock 'n roll.

richnmib
20th August 2006, 14:24
These would have to be my pics in no particular order:

Celtic Frost: Morbid Tales
Queensryche: Operation Mindcrime
Suicidal Tendencies: Join the Army

Live album, 3 way tie between:
Judas Priest: Unleashed in the East, Live in Japan,
Blue Oyster Cult: Some Enchanted Evening,
UFO: Strangers in the Night

fafcpa
20th August 2006, 22:21
Not really into today's rock at my age, but I will say that my favorites are:

1. Beatles - Rubber Soul
2. BeeGees - almost any of the old ones.

Fred

650brad
20th August 2006, 22:26
Well we don't salute you, hehe.

You gotta take AC/DC for what it is. It's not clever, it's not fancy, it's not complicated, it's not groundbreaking. It is just good 'ol guitar driven, high energy rock 'n roll.
:iagree 100%

busboyblues
22nd August 2006, 17:23
Replacements-Tim
Black Flag-Damaged
Slayer-Reign in Blood

Live-Iron Maiden-Live after Death, or Kinks-One for the road live

Crash03
23rd August 2006, 00:57
These would have to be my pics in no particular order:

Celtic Frost: Morbid Tales
Queensryche: Operation Mindcrime
Suicidal Tendencies: Join the Army

"Mindcrime" is AWESOME. It's one of the best concept albums ever! Just stay away from "Mindcrime II" It's not so hot...

Live album, 3 way tie between:
Judas Priest: Unleashed in the East, Live in Japan,
Blue Oyster Cult: Some Enchanted Evening,
UFO: Strangers in the Night

UFO never gets the credit they deserve. They've got a new CD coming out any time now. WOnder if it'll be any good. I wish Michael Schenker would come back...

richnmib
25th August 2006, 02:31
"Mindcrime" is AWESOME. It's one of the best concept albums ever! Just stay away from "Mindcrime II" It's not so hot...

UFO never gets the credit they deserve. They've got a new CD coming out any time now. WOnder if it'll be any good. I wish Michael Schenker would come back...

You are absolutely right, Michael Schenker and UFO never got the credit they deserve, kind of like Robin Trower

michaelschenkerhimself (dot com)

can't post url's yet

Oly-rider
12th September 2006, 05:33
This is extremely hard, should be a top ten list

1. The Beatles- White Album
2. Led Zeppelin IV
3. Pink Floyd - The Wall

Best live - Hmm.... Sorry gotta cheat with two

1. Judas Priest -Unleashed in the East Live in Japan
2. Portishead - Live from the Roseland in NYC

Gone
12th September 2006, 17:11
Too many to list but if i had to pick my favorite... Scorpions rock you like a hurricane.Then motley crue ozzy ratt you know all of the 80s heavy rock

nkyratdog
23rd September 2006, 23:17
live albums;
Rockin the Fillmore-Humble Pie! everything else should be referenced from this one
Johnny Winters And- Johnny Winter. crank the bitch up!
Europe 72- Grateful Dead......

lagerdrinker
24th September 2006, 00:53
had to think about my #3 for a while. ill add it now
the who's Tommy

eddyskynyrdpat
18th January 2007, 22:58
LYNYRD SKYNYRD LYVE ONE MORE FOR/FROM THE ROAD Skynyrd' Second Helpin' ZZ TOP /Fandago or SRV / Live Alive

sportysrock
21st January 2007, 04:09
Led Zeppelin III
Boston
Stevie Ray Vaughan Couldn't Stand The Weather

Live:
Buddy Guy & Junior Wells Live at Legends
Some Kinks or Ted Nugent too

NoTrace34
21st January 2007, 05:05
Damn...another tough one...I know Ill leave lots out.
1's
Red Hot Chili Peppers-Blood Sugar Sex Magic
Jimi Hendrix-Axis Bold As Love
Judas Priest-British Steel
Bad Brains-Banned In DC
Suicidal Tendencies-Self Titled.....and more
2's
Dead Kennedys-Plastic Surgery Disasters
Minor Threat-Out Of Step
The Clash-London Calling
The Police-Zenyatta Mondatta
Generation X-Self Titled.....and more
3's
Black Flag-The First Four Years
Circle Jerks-Golden Shower Of Hits
Ramones-Self Titled
Alice In Chains-Dirt
Johnny Cash-At Folsom Prison
Molly Hatchet-Flirtin With Disaster........and more

Couldnt stop at 3, Ill just stop here...this could go on forever.
Sooooo many good damn albums out there!
By the way...some of you may not consider some of these as rock......but I do.....Johnny cash and Hank span across almost everything in my book.

emzdogz
23rd February 2007, 01:23

Favorite ROCK album would have to be Deep Purple's "Machine Head".
Funny you'd mentioned the Zep, I do love Led Zep 3! the "acoustic-ish" album....
1st 3 or so Creedence albums were great from start to finish, also 'Are you Experienced"....
plus, other stuff that is "rock" but its really "roots rock" like old Chuck Berry stuff. Stuff you don't even know which album its on, cuz it was in the days before "album rock" per se. I love that real old stuff.

But as far as the whole album from track one to track 10 or whatever, Machine Head is STILL amazing.

Was recently amazed by Red Hot Chili Peppers "Stadium Arcadium" - about 8 or 10 of the tracks are some of the best rock and roll I've heard. The band is so good.
I think the album had too many tracks...but about one albums' worth is pure gold priceless stuff.
imho!

thats my story an I'm sticking to it!
:D

ZEKE
14th March 2007, 01:12
Slayer-Reign in Blood (really any Slayer CD except Diablous in Musica(sp?))
Metallica-Master of Puppets
Black Sabbath-Paranoid
Live
Frank Zappa-Live in New York (i have somewhere around 40 Zappa/Mothers cd's so could be in top 3 also)

Honorable mention to The Stones, Zeppelin, The Who, Motorhead, The Dead and countless other great bands i cannot think of right now.

choppedtriumph
24th March 2007, 14:41
anything from megadeth

NumbSkull
25th March 2007, 06:57
KANSAS Leftoverture
KANSAS Masque
Styx Grand Illusion
Rush Moving Pictures

HOGDADDY
25th March 2007, 08:06

I had Zep ll on a 8-track and I remember it being Pink!

OK that reminds me of one my favs "Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd. :wonderlan

tattedas2
26th March 2007, 17:46
Three Days Grace......One-X

OutlawTexan67
26th March 2007, 21:06
Man this is really hard because I like alot of different bands but here is a few of my fav's:

1:Anything from Skynyrd old and new
2:ZZtops - Tres Hombres
3:Bad Company 10 from 6
4:Rush Exit stage left
And as far as Live albums go Definatly Kiss Alive I&II
And not to forget Ted Nugent Double Live Gonzo

gwcrim
27th March 2007, 15:59
You can almost guess the person's age by the albums they like. Hell.... calling them albums dates a person!

I love anything Pink Floyd. At least from the Wall and earlier. My favorite is Animals. Then there's Meddle and Welcome to the Machine. And don't forget Atom Heart Mother or Umma Gumma. Yeah.... the Atom Heart Mother Suite is one kick azz song.

Anything Zepplin.

Most Allman Bros.

Tres Hombres is another goodie.

Best live album? Kiss Alive I or II. Best live show too. Un-I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!- believable! Best stage show I've ever seen.

tattedas2
27th March 2007, 21:06
You can almost guess the person's age by the albums they like. Hell.... calling them albums dates a person!

OK, guess how old........LOL

Love George Thorogood (prolly spelled that wrong), Zep, ZZ Top, old Aerosmith, old Metallica, AC/DC, Ozzy, Black Sabbath,

On top of Staind, Three Days Grace, Alice in Chains, Chevelle, Nonpoint, Pennywise, list goes on and on......

gwcrim
27th March 2007, 22:21
The new stuff is a give away. My guess is late 20s or early 30s at most. The skinny little ass is another give away of youth.:flasher

sprtrjl
27th March 2007, 23:41
Wow this is a tuffy. There are so many really great albums out there.
I guess since I've had this album in vinyl, 8-track, cassette, CD, and is now on my iPOD
#1 The Allman Brothers Band - Eat A Peach
#2 Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced.
#3 The Doors - The Very best of The Doors

Honorable mention to:
The Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks '64 - '71
James Gang - Thirds
Grand Funk Railroad - Mark, Don & Mel 1969-71
Frank Zappa - Apostrophe
Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Not Fragile
J. Geils Band - Fullhouse
( I coulld continue for some time)
Live Album: Current favorite is Little Feat - Waiting For Columbus

Notice: Changes may take place based on additional thoughts or change in direction of the wind.

quig
22nd April 2007, 17:48
1 Aerosmith- Rocks
2 Black Sabbath
3 Alice cooper- Killer

Live
Aerosmith - A Little South of Sanity

pquirk
22nd April 2007, 20:20
Many of my favorites were already mentioned so I'll toss in three of my favs that I didn't see on the list yet, in no particular order:

Appetite for Destruction, GnR
Made in Japan, DP
Waiting for Columbus, Little Feat
Any live Dead

The_clownboy
25th April 2007, 07:30
I see alot of "Classic Rock" that people grew up with. I'm going to say that I'm probly younger than some but that doesn't say I have good taste.

1. Led Lepplin IV
2. Stone Sour
3. Metallica Black

4. Kid Rock's Live album

I'm more into the harder stuff, but I love deep lyrics and hard driving riffs

Torkil
25th April 2007, 08:38
This is what i've been listening to last year. http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/oartists/torkilmoe.gif

PS, i usually only listen to Manowar when im drinking with friends. hmm..
Maby i've been drinking too much.. NO!

Great page, btw (http://www.last.fm/user/torkilmoe)

beuz
27th April 2007, 15:50
Threshold : "critical Energy"
IQ : "the 7th house".
Arena : "The visitor".
All the heavy metal of the 80's and the beginning of the 90's.

cantolina
28th April 2007, 02:28
This is what i've been listening to last year. http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/oartists/torkilmoe.gif

PS, i usually only listen to Manowar when im drinking with friends. hmm..
Maby i've been drinking too much.. NO!

Great page, btw (http://www.last.fm/user/torkilmoe)

DEATH TO FALSE METAL!

Manowar ROCKS....

I did a Manowar show in the 80's...I was the FOH mix tech......loudest freakin thing I've ever heard in my life (and that's saying something).....

Guy kept asking "Can't you open the limiters a bit?" :laugh

My absolute favorite album of ALL time is Presence...or Physical Graffitti? :laugh.....

One of them Zep records....

Martyvz
28th April 2007, 02:39
1. Ted Nugent - Double Live Gonzo
2. Rush - 2112
3. Kiss - Destroyer

Everything else is just cluttering up the airwaves!

beuz
3rd May 2007, 19:16
Rush !!! Great !!!
Great overture on this album !!!
I really love the 1976 live version !!!
My favorite Rush album is "Fly by night".

sprtrjl
3rd May 2007, 19:29
oh yeah! Almost forgot ......... "You Light Up My Life" by Debbie Boone :smiliesig

el jinete fantasma
3rd May 2007, 19:33
My favorites change on a daily basis...

Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking... this album changed my life! Brilliant!
Nymphs - Nymphs... heavy and beautifully ugly, with a gorgeous girl singer.
Stooges - Funhouse... Iggy is God!

Live album? I probably listen to UFO's Strangers in the Night most. When I was a kid, one of the Chicago radio stations dubbed "Lights Out Chicago!" for every chorus of "Lights Out." F'ing loved it!

flathead45
3rd May 2007, 22:57
after 40 years of rockin' theres waaaaaaay too many to pick a top 3

but terrapin is the gratest song ever written bar none, no wait ummm, make that echos, shoot that ain't right maybe..... no its gotta be terrapin

ac~dc sucks big nasty donkey ........well anything with brian johnson. every song is exactly the same just new words. did you know that bon scott chose johnson as his replacement before he died

blue man group kicks ass
mojo nixon
tom wait
motorhead
primus

like I said , my tastes are way to varied to pick just 3. its more like "the flavor of the day" for me

emzdogz
3rd May 2007, 23:28
but terrapin is the gratest song ever written bar none, no wait ummm, make that echos, shoot that ain't right maybe..... no its gotta be terrapin
blue man group kicks ass
mojo nixon
tom wait
motorhead
primus

you mean Terrapin Station, by the Dead? or??
hey I remember Mojo Nixon from the 80's - good stuff!
Em

flathead45
4th May 2007, 00:00
of course, thought I'd just shorten it up to save typing

Bruce
22nd May 2007, 02:49
Led for the head #II

cantolina
22nd May 2007, 02:52
did you know that bon scott chose johnson as his replacement before he died

Where did you get this from? I'm curious....

I DO know Scott had HEARD of Johnson, and even liked his style, but that's all I know....

flathead45
22nd May 2007, 03:11
he told the rest of the band that if he should die he'd (johnson) would be a good replacement

don't remember the source but it was an old rock mag when I was 18 (soo many years ago)

fujiman
1st June 2007, 02:58
DARK SIDE OF THE MOON............................PINK FLOYD

Nothing better ;)

SteveK
1st June 2007, 03:37
My favorites change on a daily basis...

Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking... this album changed my life! Brilliant!
Nymphs - Nymphs... heavy and beautifully ugly, with a gorgeous girl singer.
Stooges - Funhouse... Iggy is God!

Live album? I probably listen to UFO's Strangers in the Night most. When I was a kid, one of the Chicago radio stations dubbed "Lights Out Chicago!" for every chorus of "Lights Out." F'ing loved it!

Jane's Addiction first album was excellent. I don't recall hearing any other releases from them. Never bought it personally but heard most of it from a friend. Honestly can't say for sure why I never bought it.

KANSAS Leftoverture
KANSAS Masque
Styx Grand Illusion
Rush Moving Pictures

Early Kansas and Styx played some really good tunes. Well written and some complex. Seemed to sell out in later years. Yes would fit into your list quite nicely too.

About the early 80's I left the boy bands behind for the chicks. Got tired of paying good money for one decent song. Prior to that I would have to say Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon would be a favorite.

Its no secret my passion for Tori Amos. My favorite is probably Boys for Pele, but generally I love most of her records.

klown
1st June 2007, 03:55
Anything from Jimi, All along the watchtower is the best rock n roll song ever written :smoke

SteveK
1st June 2007, 04:20
Anything from Jimi, All along the watchtower is the best rock n roll song ever written :smoke

You know klown they ended 'Battlestar Galactica this year with a remix of that song (it finally came together over a few episodes) and I have to say the lyrics are excellent. But didn't Bob Dylan pen that song?

klown
1st June 2007, 15:14
You know klown they ended 'Battlestar Galactica this year with a remix of that song (it finally came together over a few episodes) and I have to say the lyrics are excellent. But didn't Bob Dylan pen that song?

I think dylan did write it, it's a fuggin great song that's for damn sure!! But nobody does that song like jimi :smoke

paul lebron
28th June 2007, 22:09
judas priest- stained class

Gone
5th July 2007, 02:28
I'm a big Zepplin Fan just think they are the top of my list.