PDA

View Full Version : Baffles

alwaysarider
10th November 2008, 18:36
I currently have straight 1 3/4" into straight 2 1/2" pipes and they are LOUD. At first I enjoyed it, but my last Harley had baffles and the sound was loud but not in your face loud. The ones I have now, set off car alarms and that's just not me. So what's the best and cheapest way for toning them down just a tad? Do they make baffles that fit into 2 1/2 in diameter pipes, or what about the lolly pop mod? Anyone done that to similar pipes?

hmiller
10th November 2008, 18:58
I had baffles for 2" drags, not sure about 2 1/2" though. I bought mine on ebay, just do a search. There was someone who did a modified lolipop, he used a copper water pipe reducer with a thumb screw in it, I was thinking of trying that this winter.

flameryder
10th November 2008, 19:16
BIG CITY THUNDER . www.bigcitythunder.com

alwaysarider
10th November 2008, 19:17
I had baffles for 2" drags, not sure about 2 1/2" though. I bought mine on ebay, just do a search. There was someone who did a modified lolipop, he used a copper water pipe reducer with a thumb screw in it, I was thinking of trying that this winter.

Sounds interesting, but hard to visualize. Could you point me to a pic?

alwaysarider
10th November 2008, 20:37
I went home at lunch and took a measurement. The opening is 2 1/2", but the diameter of the big pipe is 2 7/8", so I'm thinking these must be SE's and if that's so, there probably isn't a "cheap" baffle made for these. Anyone do home- mades for this kind of setup?