PDA

View Full Version : Twin Velocity AC

hdrican
3rd March 2005, 14:23
Does anyone have the Kuryakyn Twin Velocity AC installed on the bikes? I've seen them in the JP catalog and wondered if they are any good. It seems to me to be strictly for looks. Am considering it for my 05 883C but also want a little performance gain.

Mechano
3rd March 2005, 14:36
Does anyone have the Kuryakyn Twin Velocity AC installed on the bikes? I've seen them in the JP catalog and wondered if they are any good. It seems to me to be strictly for looks. Am considering it for my 05 883C but also want a little performance gain.

Right!
Strictly for look, the butterflys open with the air vacuum created during intake phase but they're slow and reduce the intake holes surface for most of the intake phase timing.
Only at higher revs when intake phases are in fast succession, the butterflys stay open.
But it' has a small filter and the front holes are not large like the open side of a common teardrop S&S style, or round BT style AC or lot of the aftermarket AC with a big free breathing surface filter.

It's one of the less efficient AC system after the stock one.

raysheen
3rd March 2005, 15:50
Strictly for look, the butterflys open with the air vacuum created during intake phase but they're slow and reduce the intake holes surface for most of the intake phase timing.
I don't think that the TwinVelocity has butterflys??...are you sure you aren't thinking about the Kuryakyn Hypercharger? In any event though I think that the Twin Velocity falls into the category of "Better than stock, but not the best for performance" which is what you said anyway so... :D

gearhead1972
3rd March 2005, 16:29
http://www.denniskirk.com/denniskirk/b2c/product_images/h/3/0/600pix/h30150.jpg

raysheen
3rd March 2005, 16:30
thanks gearhead!

hdrican
3rd March 2005, 18:44
Thanks for the info guys, I think I will do some more research on it. It does look pretty cool though....

hdrican
3rd March 2005, 18:45
As a side thought, does anyone know how big is the K&N filter in the Twin Velocity?

Shawn
4th March 2005, 18:50
Please post if anyone finds out anymore info on the Twin Velocity. I've also been interested in the performance aspect. Been hoping to see a dyna or more reviews...

Thanks
SHAWN

Geek
6th March 2005, 23:26
I got one but it's still sitting in the box on my table. I plan on have the dealer install a new jet kit and dynotune when I put it on.

I just installed the new pipes today but will wait for the AC since I figure it will need the new jets.

Geek
20th March 2005, 03:30
Finally got the new AC installed today. Here are very lousey pics but you will get the idea... http://xlforum.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=730

Only could take it out for a short ride since it was only about 35 and windy. But between the new pipes and the new AC it seems to pull hard from the start. I will be able to tell better when it's warmer and I can go on a prolonged cruise.

I will definately probably need to get it jetted and tuned as soon as it's warm enough to take a trip to the dealer. I did notice a little carb farting. Of course that could have been due to the cold weather.

As for the AC everything was pretty smooth except for the to bolts that hold the cover on from the back. Kind of a bitch to tighten. One piece of advice is use the smallest 12 point 1/4 box end wrench you can find. Mine was too big and so was the ratchet one I went to Sears and bought. Ended up finding one at AutoZone.

Will post #'s when I get it jetted and Dynotuned.