PDA

View Full Version : Alarm siren

Mechano
3rd March 2005, 20:55
Hi there!

I've bought the Harley Davidson system alarm siren.
It's optional and I've bought in US on eBay.

The siren is black square box with a plug. No screews, no bolts, nothing that seems a bracket or a lock system.

Now the question:
Where and how do I plug this device on the motorcycle?

DaddyJay
3rd March 2005, 21:09
Hi there!

I've bought the Harley Davidson system alarm siren.
It's optional and I've bought in US on eBay.

The siren is black square box with a plug. No screews, no bolts, nothing that seems a bracket or a lock system.

No the question.
Where and how do I plug this device on the motorcycle?

I think your the only guy on earth who bought one of those. That siren won't stop someone from picking up your bike and throwing it in the back of a truck or van.

raysheen
3rd March 2005, 21:10
Hey Mechano,
Do you happen to have a part # for that alarm? Is it just the siren or does it have the alarm system included in the module?
John

SalTheWop
3rd March 2005, 21:36
I think your the only guy on earth who bought one of those
Not quite!!! I got one too, although the dealer fitted it,so cant be of any help Im afraid

Mechano
3rd March 2005, 21:51
I think your the only guy on earth who bought one of those. That siren won't stop someone from picking up your bike and throwing it in the back of a truck or van.

Maybe we live in different areas, you've large spaces, it's difficult to notice the noise of a small siren, and people with small track or van that are picking your bike.

Where I live space are smaller, I park always near shops or bar and caffe shop.

The only dangerous are is the Garda lake in the summer. Sometimes germans with trucks (but also from Albania, Jugoslavia and Croatia ex-USSR countries) come in Italy in this summer vacancies places expressely to pick up new bikes, sport cars like Ferraris and enter into rich houses.

But it's dififcult if the place is plenty of people and tourists.

Mechano
3rd March 2005, 21:57
Hey Mechano,
Do you happen to have a part # for that alarm? Is it just the siren or does it have the alarm system included in the module?
John

The part number is #68958.
The bike has the immobilizer as stock.
When it's active and I move the bike or try to insert the key and switch on without deactivate the immobilizer, the turn lights start flashing, but not siren noise, because it's not present.

The mechanic told me there's a plug somewhere under the bike. But he didn't want to say me any details because I didn't buy from him. But I've found it on eBay for 1/4 the price the stealer wanted me to pay him.

Mechano
3rd March 2005, 21:59
Not quite!!! I got one too, although the dealer fitted it,so cant be of any help Im afraid

Do you remember if with the siren there were some hardware and/or cable and plugs?
And when it does noise, from where this noise comes?

hero
4th March 2005, 09:29
Hey Mechano. I agree- in Europe ANY alarm is better than nothing! Did u receive only the black alarm box? What you are supposed to have is the black box, WITH a bracket to fit it AND a little electrical connecting cord, or 'harness' as we call it (about 50 cm long) that plugs into a free connector behind your battery/ fusebox cover. I hope that this ebay seller still has these parts around to give you, as I don't think you can do much without it...

Mechano
4th March 2005, 10:17
Hey Mechano. I agree- in Europe ANY alarm is better than nothing! Did u receive only the black alarm box? What you are supposed to have is the black box, WITH a bracket to fit it AND a little electrical connecting cord, or 'harness' as we call it (about 50 cm long) that plugs into a free connector behind your battery/ fusebox cover. I hope that this ebay seller still has these parts around to give you, as I don't think you can do much without it...

Nothing more than the black siren.
No brackets, no cables. I supposed there was a cable on the bike and the only job was to plug and lock the siren somewhere to the frame.

Now you say me I need some other parts.

For the bracket it's not a problem. I can use velcro zipties or straps, for the plug I can search for something into car part dealers or electronic dealers and may be cut the stock in the bike and change with more common and easy to find, on the siren the plug is uncommon but there's only 3 pins and enough space for wire soldering on them and put silicon to seal, on the wires I'll put common plug.

But I'll need an electrical diagram to understand from where to take signals and power, and their wiring disposition.

gamhill
4th March 2005, 12:39
Nothing more than the black siren.
No brackets, no cables. I supposed there was a cable on the bike and the only job was to plug and lock the siren somewhere to the frame.

Now you say me I need some other parts.

For the bracket it's not a problem. I can use velcro zipties or straps, for the plug I can search for something into car part dealers or electronic dealers and may be cut the stock in the bike and change with more common and easy to find, on the siren the plug is uncommon but there's only 3 pins and enough space for wire soldering on them and put silicon to seal, on the wires I'll put common plug.

But I'll need an electrical diagram to understand from where to take signals and power, and their wiring disposition.

Here's a source to get connectors - http://www.battsracing.com

Not sure if the shop manual would have wiring diagram or not for this. But it'd be a place to start.

gamhill
4th March 2005, 12:42
Here's a source to get connectors - http://www.battsracing.com (http://www.battsracing.com/)

Not sure if the shop manual would have wiring diagram or not for this. But it'd be a place to start.

Another thought, maybe you can stop by your local H-D parts dept, if they have one in stock, you might be able to take a look at the wiring harness that comes with it.

Mechano
8th March 2005, 20:02
Today I've received reply from the dealer of the siren here the text:

------------
Mr. Mechano,
There isn't any special wiring harness. HD states this siren plugs into
your existing wiring harness.

Thank you,
Wendy Stevens
----------

So, someone can say me how is really the question.
Cables and plugs are already on my bike, or have I to provide?

hero
8th March 2005, 20:07
Tell Wendy Stevens the forum reckons she's full of shit... :shhhh :frownthre