PDA

View Full Version : Cornhuskers!

Guinnessharp
31st August 2006, 17:05
I don't live in Nebraska any more, but was born in Nebraska. The CB football thread gave me this idea. I am not sure why a thread like this was not started sooner (<---- hate that word) but, we can get together here and talk about the season, celebrate wins and cope with losses. Feel free to post articles.

I can't wait till saturday!!!!

doc
31st August 2006, 17:07
Not gonna be celebratin much this year!!!!:smoke

HOOKEM' HORNS!!!!

pquirk
31st August 2006, 17:46
When I lived in CO that Nebraska team was referred to as the butthuskers :). I was at CSU though, they didn't have much to celebrate back then.

gunslinger
31st August 2006, 18:29
When I lived in CO that Nebraska team was referred to as the butthuskers :). I was at CSU though, they didn't have much to celebrate back then.

What just cause the Huskers always kicked your BUTTS all over the field!

gunslinger
31st August 2006, 18:30
Not gonna be celebratin much this year!!!!:smoke

HOOKEM' HORNS!!!!

Don't worry I will be celebrating plenty when the Huskers ripp those ugly horns right off!

doc
31st August 2006, 18:37
Here's their schedule and my predictions

Date Opponent Prediction
September 2 Louisiana Tech W
September 9 Nicholls State W
September 16 at No. 6 USC L
September 23 Troy W
September 30 Kansas W
October 7 at Iowa State L
October 14 at Kansas State L
October 21 No. 3 Texas L
October 28 at Oklahoma State W
November 4 Missouri W
November 11 at Texas A&M L
November 24 Colorado W

Let me know what ya'll fans think.

Guinnessharp
31st August 2006, 18:48
Here's their schedule and my predictions

Date Opponent Prediction
September 2 Louisiana Tech W
September 9 Nicholls State W
September 16 at No. 6 USC L
September 23 Troy W
September 30 Kansas W
October 7 at Iowa State L
October 14 at Kansas State L
October 21 No. 3 Texas L
October 28 at Oklahoma State W
November 4 Missouri W
November 11 at Texas A&M L
November 24 Colorado W

Let me know what ya'll fans think.

Can't agree with you on the Texas and Texas A and M. You are going to be upset when we beat Texas A and M once and Texas twice in one season. Iowa state will go down too.

Damn now that I look at it.... Nebraska should have a damn good season. Especially if we can drop USC

And damn doc, don't you texans have your own state forum... for a "Troll Hunter" you need to turn the gun on yourself. :boxing ;) :roflblack

doc
31st August 2006, 18:50
Damn now that I look at it.... Nebraska should have a damn good season. Especially if we can drop USC

:roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack

Guinnessharp
31st August 2006, 18:51
And damn doc, don't you texans have your own state forum... for a "Troll Hunter" you need to turn the gun on yourself. :gun :roflblack :p

Edit did not make it in time :smoke

Guinnessharp
31st August 2006, 18:55
http://www.collegefootballnews.com/Big_12/2006_Previews/Nebraska_preview.htm

College Football News

The Schedule: The Huskers get two warmups before what could be the game that truly turns the corner in the Bill Callahan era at USC. Even with a loss against the Trojans, things look promising with a likely 4-1 start before not-that-bad road trips to Iowa State and Kansas State to try to get North title hopes rolling. Not only do the Huskers get one player in the 2006 Rose Bowl, it gets the other when Texas comes to town. However, that might be a good thing. No matter where the Huskers are ranked in the preseason, if they beat the Trojans and Longhorns on the way to an unbeaten season, they're in the national title game no matter how many other teams are unbeaten. They get a huge break playing Oklahoma State and Texas A&M from the South while missing Oklahoma and Texas Tech, but those two games are on the road.

doc
31st August 2006, 19:43
And damn doc, don't you texans have your own state forum... for a "Troll Hunter" you need to turn the gun on yourself. :gun :roflblack :p

Edit did not make it in time :smoke

Ah hell. I ain't trollin. I just don't want ya'll to be disappointed!!!:smoke

kevinhdy
31st August 2006, 19:46
seems like there are a lot of Cornhusker fans on here from the other thread...

Guinnessharp
31st August 2006, 19:46
Ah hell. I ain't trollin. I just don't want ya'll to be disappointed!!!:smoke

How bout this... we will let you have the first game, but we will have to keep the second (B12 Championship):tour

pquirk
31st August 2006, 19:52
What just cause the Huskers always kicked your BUTTS all over the field!:roflblack Yup, pretty much. My first year there I think the score was 71-14 :laugh . That was in the Earl Bruce days, Sonny Lubic has done a lot with that team since then though, they're not too bad, but they're still sure not in the same league with the butthuskers ;) .

H@mbone!
31st August 2006, 21:16
Allright about time I jump on here. To all you Husker fans can't wait for Saturday I have a great feeling about the Huskers this year. Last year Zac and the rest of the young players improved 100% from the begging of the year and I feel if they come out this year better then last year we have a chance at going undefeated. Looking at the schedule I only see two maybe three possible upsets. But I still fell they can pull threw. Got alot of startes comeing back this year and all of them wanting to improve from last year. The only teams I see being a problem is USC, but they play them in week 3 so USC will still be building up there freshmen so I feel a win there. Texas being another but they lost there all star last year so as long as they play like they did against Colorado and Michigan we should win that one and a plus is its in at home and Oklahoma being another they got good talent returning but like I said if they play the way they can they will win. But still the begining of the season so we will have to see. Will know alot more come the USC game. Two of thethree problem games I mentioned were on the road and not in the sea of red but now that the young bloods got a year of playing under there belt that shouldn't be a problem for them this year like it was last year. Well I'll talk to you all Monday on what I thought of Saturdays game.
GO BIG RED! GO BIG RED! GO BIG RED!!!!!

H@mbone!
31st August 2006, 21:19
Heres a pic for you
http://www.collegesportsinc.com/huswall/img/2005_cu.jpg

H@mbone!
31st August 2006, 21:21
QUOTE=doc]Ah hell. I ain't trollin. I just don't want ya'll to be disappointed!!!:smoke[/QUOTE]
And heres one for you DOC not the Longhorns but another one of your Texas teams that will be the Longhorns this year along with A&M
http://www.collegesportsinc.com/huswall/ttech.bmp

H@mbone!
31st August 2006, 21:22
Anyone else want to mess with Hambones Huskers.

Shark Doctor
31st August 2006, 22:24
OKAY. I'll jump in, just to make sure the south is heard from.

I went to BOTH Florida State and the University of Miami. My allegiance has always been clear" Go 'Noles! While the Huskers have an enviable record, I would point out the FSU's record run of 14 consecutive years FINISHING the season (not pre-season!) ranked in the top 5 is not likely to ever be broken!!!

Monday night (Labor Day): FSU vs. Miami. Should be a good game though having this match-up as the first game usually showcases more crappy play than terrific play (last year's game, though won by Florida State, was one of the sloppiest games all season!).

Can anyone possibly disagree that last year's Orange Bowl was one of the best football games all season! Though FSU lost to a great Penn State team in THREE overtimes, I thought it contained some of the best defensive football of the season...

By the way... just so you know my bias is tempered by reason, I do NOT believe FSU should be so highly ranked after last season with a poor 8-5 record (or was it 7-6?)...

Anf finally for the record, the Univ. of Michigan is ALWAYS over-rated!!!

:clap

Sportster Girl
31st August 2006, 23:34
Please allow me this, we only won one National Championship, and it just so happened to be vs. Nebraska.....:hidechai :sofa

The 1981 Tigers claimed Clemson's first national football
championship Jan. 1, 1982, defeating Nebraska Cornhuskers

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/SportsterGirl1/cover-1.jpg

sprtrjl
1st September 2006, 00:10
Ohio State BUckeyes! GO BUCKS!

Guinnessharp
1st September 2006, 16:04
http://budgettravel.about.com/travel/budgettravel/library/graphics/redsea.JPG

You can't beat the fans!

Here is a cool story ... http://budgettravel.about.com/library/weekly/aa082700a.htm

H@mbone!
1st September 2006, 16:36
[QUOTE=Sportster Girl]Please allow me this, we only won one National Championship, and it just so happened to be vs. Nebraska.....:hidechai :sofa
QUOTE]
Only one Championship, Nebraskas got 5 of those and who knows how many times they have been to the Championship game. But heres your pic I found for ya
http://www.collegesportsinc.com/huswall/kitty.bmp

H@mbone!
1st September 2006, 16:38
Come on guys how can I even say anything if your team isn't even scheduled to play the Huskers or hasn't in years. This is the now and the Huskers are makeing a come back watch out.

H@mbone!
6th September 2006, 23:00
Alright who all watched the game on Saturday. Took them the first half to get things figured out but after that they looked great. Can't wait to see this weeks game to see how they will improve from last weeks. For all who didn't see the game Nebraska won 49-10 shutting down Louisiana Tech in the 2nd half. I loved seeing Nebraska running the ball alot more this game they got 4 backs there swiching in and out and really wearing down the defense. The only real thing I seen they need to work on is the defense needs to work on shutting down the run and the offense needs to work on makeing sure there feet are in bounds when the recieve the ball. Other then that I see a good year out of the Huskers.

doc
6th September 2006, 23:05
I watched part of it until I figured out who was playing!!:roflblack This week oughta be a blow out too. Unless they pull a Colorado and get beat. By the way, who the heck is Nicholls State?:smoke

H@mbone!
8th September 2006, 18:44
Looking forward to tommorow to bad I have to work and won't beable to see the score till after work. But not really bothering me its a sure win for the Huskers should be another blow out.

Guinnessharp
11th September 2006, 14:08
I was not able to watch the game this last weekend, but the score was satisfactory. I a couple of teams ahead of them in the rankings lost so they should move up a couple of spots (not back on like last week)

Saturday is going to be an interesting day in our house hold. My wife is a graduate of USC. It would be nice to see Nebraska pull this one off. I do have rights to fly the Nebraska flag out front this weekend!!

Just saw that USC is now #2 in the coaches poll... Nebraska #19 in both.

Gone
11th September 2006, 14:25
I watched part of it until I figured out who was playing!!:roflblack This week oughta be a blow out too. Unless they pull a Colorado and get beat. By the way, who the heck is Nicholls State?:smoke
My daughter graduated from Nicholls State. It's a small school in Thibideaux La. Not exactly a big football powerhouse.:roflblack

H@mbone!
11th September 2006, 16:14
Well 2-0 first year since there National Championship years that they have scored over 100 points in there first two games. Can't wait for this Saturday when they'll play USC. I'm certain they can pull win this one two and will help them advance in the polls to be where they should be. I couldn't believe there scoreing this weekend 14-0 first qtr, 28-0 2nd quarter, 42-0 3rd quarter and finished it at 56-7 and the only reason they didn't have a shut out was because the the punt return hit the guy in the back and they recovered it. Wish I could of been at the game. Anyways I'll talk later.
http://www.huskerboard.com/img/theyrecoming-usc-huskerboard.jpg

H@mbone!
11th September 2006, 18:56
For all you Husker fans I thought I would share some of the websights I use on here there are as follows.......
Husker Board (http://www.huskerboard.com/)
Husker Wallpaper (http://www.huskerwallpaper.com/)
HuskerPedia (http://www.huskerpedia.com/)
and of course the one everyone should know
Huskers.com (http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&DB_LANG=&KEY=&SPID=22&SPSID=1)

Pulchritude
11th September 2006, 19:16
Can't wait for this Saturday when they'll play USC. I'm certain they can pull win this one two and will help them advance in the polls to be where they should be.

Nebraska is a good team this year, but not anything like the great teams of the past. I suspect that they will play a close game with USC for maybe three quarters before the Trojans surge ahead.

I used to love the days when they would line up with anyone, tell them they were going to run the ball right down their throat and proceed to do so. But those days are long gone.

Just my opinion though. :p

H@mbone!
11th September 2006, 20:54
Well if you have watched there or listened to there first to games the run game is back. They have not one or two backs that can run the ball but four great backs this year and everyone of them has an advantage. For one they are fresh when they go in the game maybe are in for 1-2 plays then out and a fresh back goes in wearing down the defense and keeping them so they can play strong threw all 4 QTRS. And they have a great quarterback he has approved tremendous since the begging of the season last year. They are right now 5 straight wins and there first 2 games like I stated they have scored over 100 points combined. Marlon Lucky rushed for over 100 yards in Saturdays game and they had a total of almost 500 yds rushing and passing. I can see them beating USC they have the ability to compete with the best this year and now its time they show everyone. You can tell us your opinion pulchritude but my opinion is your wrong and they'll prove them selves this Saturday. They have alot of heart this year and know there ranking is wrong they should be up there in the Top 5.

Pulchritude
11th September 2006, 21:21
nhamden,

I applaude your enthusiam and support for the Huskers. They will probably win the Big 12 North this year. I just don't see them having the same caliber of athletes that they use to have and I don't see the 'swagger' that was there during the Osborne years.

Should they be able to best USC, I will certainly give them their props. However, I really think that they will be in for a long, long evening on Saturday.

doc
11th September 2006, 21:37
Well if you have watched there or listened to there first to games the run game is back. They have not one or two backs that can run the ball but four great backs this year and everyone of them has an advantage. For one they are fresh when they go in the game maybe are in for 1-2 plays then out and a fresh back goes in wearing down the defense and keeping them so they can play strong threw all 4 QTRS. And they have a great quarterback he has approved tremendous since the begging of the season last year. They are right now 5 straight wins and there first 2 games like I stated they have scored over 100 points combined. Marlon Lucky rushed for over 100 yards in Saturdays game and they had a total of almost 500 yds rushing and passing. I can see them beating USC they have the ability to compete with the best this year and now its time they show everyone. You can tell us your opinion pulchritude but my opinion is your wrong and they'll prove them selves this Saturday. They have alot of heart this year and know there ranking is wrong they should be up there in the Top 5.

The bad thing about being pretty much a run team is that the defense can concentrate on the run. You've got to have a good passing game to open up the defense so your 4 backs can really do some damage. And, we really can't gauge their season or how they're gonna do when they haven't played anybody. Next week is their first game in my eyes. Then, they actually have some competition and not some DivII schools. I honestly hope they beat USC next week (I can't stand USC), but I honestly don't think it'll happen. As far as who should be number 1, OSU proved it this weekend by beating my Longhorns. I think Notre Dame should be #2. Texas should drop to #3 at least.

H@mbone!
13th September 2006, 18:05
We'll I know the Huskers playing has been down the last couple years. Well even when Frank Solich was head coach we still had a good team just no Championships. Now when Callahan took over the first year everything just went down hill fast(W5-L6) but last year we finished with a strong end to the season with a record of W8-L4 and I think we should beable to finish this year atleast 10-2 if not better. I know everyone thinks the Trojans are on top but even last year when they were at there best the Longhorns still defeated them, and this year the Longhorns have lost to who is ranked #1 OSU. I can't wait for this weekend and I guess if my predications in what I see in the Huskers is wrong then I will quit boosting on how good they really are. I will wait for them to prove it this weekend. I know it will be a tough game for them thats why I am predicating a score of NU32 and USC28 with NU only with a 4pt lead. Most teams mistake is not playing a full 4qtrs and the Huskers have never backed down under pressure untill the last couple years but they have more experiance this year and should play a tough game. Oh yeah and DOC here is another pic I found thought you might like it considering you don't like USC.
http://whatsbruin.net/images/trojans.jpg

doc
13th September 2006, 18:36
Love it!!!! Now if you could find one like that about OU!!!

Pulchritude
13th September 2006, 18:40
Love it!!!! Now if you could find one like that about OU!!!

But with 'Swallows' instead! :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

H@mbone!
13th September 2006, 21:18
LOL!! No but I do have a few about the Sooners

H@mbone!
13th September 2006, 21:19
Here is one let me see if I can find anything else
http://www.collegesportsinc.com/huswall/NU_OU_800x600.jpg

H@mbone!
13th September 2006, 21:23
And another..................
http://incolor.inebraska.com/mjboesen/Huskers/The_Sooner...The_Better.JPG

Pulchritude
13th September 2006, 21:36
Those two are nice!

H@mbone!
13th September 2006, 22:25
How about this one, here is one I have done myself
http://xlforum.net/photopost/watermark.php?file=13684&size=1

H@mbone!
13th September 2006, 23:30
And here is another
http://xlforum.net/photopost/watermark.php?file=13686&size=1

gunslinger
14th September 2006, 08:08
SWEET!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully I can catch a game while I am back. I will be in Nebraska form 21 Sep to 12 Oct.

H@mbone!
14th September 2006, 17:47
Man, why is this week takeing so long. Looking forward to the game this weekend is really makeing the week go by slow still have....................

2 days, 8 hours, 36 mins until kickoff!

Snuffy
14th September 2006, 18:55
I'm a lifelong husker fan and living in Tennessee. What a beating they gave tennessee twice. Yes Osbourne is gone and we are still coming back, but we will be back. Every team has its reign with a great coach, they retire or move on the team goes down but they all bounce back just takes the right man to motivate. Go Big Red

H@mbone!
15th September 2006, 16:54
Come on Saturday, I can't wait for this game have been looking forward to this game since it was scheduled. It is now.................................
1 day, 9 hours, 29 mins untill kickoff!!!!

H@mbone!
15th September 2006, 17:25
Anyone else on here heard anything else about next weekends game against Troy St. they were saying something about it being on FSN PPV. Am planing on purchasing it if it is going to be available on PPV.

MidWest XL
15th September 2006, 20:12
Anyone else on here heard anything else about next weekends game against Troy St. they were saying something about it being on FSN PPV. Am planing on purchasing it if it is going to be available on PPV.
Yes it is on PPV and they moved it to a night game. A buddy and I will be going. We went to the LA Tech game too. Man, the stadium sure looks nice. Look for us, in the North end zone.

We'll be the ones in Red :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack

GBR, GBR, GBR, GBR!

doc
18th September 2006, 16:27
Hey Mike!! Where ya at? What happened to your boys this weekend? I actually hated to see them lose, but knew it was gonna happen. Maybe they'll be able to beat Troy St. next week!!!:smoke

H@mbone!
18th September 2006, 16:46
Hey Mike!! Where ya at? What happened to your boys this weekend? I actually hated to see them lose, but knew it was gonna happen. Maybe they'll be able to beat Troy St. next week!!!:smoke

Yeah, Yeah. I don't know what happened. Callahan seemed to only wanting to show that they could compete but not trying to win. I was ticked off. He was so worried about establishing the run even when it wasn't working. The one touchdown they had was when they went to the air. After that they should have stuck to more in the air then on the ground. They did have a few great plays on the ground but not many. Even late in the 4th he still was working on the ground attack. That was one main reason they lost and another is what I have been seeing is the defence. Which is hard to believe considering Nebraska usually has a great defence but not the case this year they are good but not great. They need to work on stopping the run expecially the do allright stopping the pass but they still need to work some on it. I was thinking if they actually worked on these they would have stood a chance at beating the Trojans but I guess they haven't hopefully after this loss Callahan will know where his team stands and now knows what they need to work on. Troy St is looking good this year, but Nebraska shouldn't have know problem beating them. Looking at Nebraskas schedule if they don't pull it toghether they may have a loss to Texas even though its at home but other then that there schedule is preety relaxed this year if they play good the should have no problem winning the rest. I'm worried about the Texas game but thats closer to mid-season so they could pull it toghether by then and win the rest I'll just have to see from here.

H@mbone!
18th September 2006, 16:48
Thanks midwest xl I'll look for ya if I order the game on PPV it all depends if my dad comes up this weekend. $30 to watch a game on tv isn't worth it if your watching it by yourself.

MidWest XL
18th September 2006, 17:04
The game plan, IMO was solid. Keep it close till the 4th quarter where we've come on pretty strong in the last couple of games. What we didn't want to do is get in a shoot out with them. We could not survive that for sure, too much talent on their side. Our boys never gave up and fought till the last second preventing SC from scoring as time clicked off the game clock in the end.

Who knows, a couple of plays that bounced their way and a few missed opportunities on our side... Stuff happens. No excuses from me, we lost to arguably one of the best teams in college football.

IMO, one game does not define us. It lets us know where we are compared to the best teams, but does not define us.

I think our guys will be coming out looking to dominate the teams in our remaining schedule. Should be interesting...

Stay tuned.

:tour

GO BIG RED !!

MidWest XL
18th September 2006, 17:07
Thanks midwest xl I'll look for ya if I order the game on PPV it all depends if my dad comes up this weekend. $30 to watch a game on tv isn't worth it if your watching it by yourself.
If you live in Nebraska, you might be able to take your Pop out to dinner and a beverage at your local sports grill & bar that's carrying the game.

Gone
18th September 2006, 17:10
It wasn't just about being able to run the ball. Callahan stayed on the ground intentionally, as much as possible for ball control reasons. In other words, keep the ball away from the USC offense as much as possible, which was their strategy in order to have any chance of winning. In that respect, he was successful. Time of possession for UNL was 28:30 and for USC 31:30. They were unable to run the ball consistently resulting in USC blitzing on obvious passing downs. Their secondary was totally unable to deal with the 6'5" receivers which certainly made it easier for USC to run the ball. Bottom line, too much speed and talent at USC. A team with the #1 recruiting class in 4 of the last 5 years should certainly be expected to produce a team of this calibre year after year. I believe Callahan will get the program back to where it used to be in another year or so. Making the change from an option attack to the west coast offense requires a total revamp of the program, personnel and player selection. I think the program is moving in the right direction and we'll get there, but not without some disappointments. Big Red fans still expect to win.

Guinnessharp
18th September 2006, 20:47
It wasn't just about being able to run the ball. Callahan stayed on the ground intentionally, as much as possible for ball control reasons. In other words, keep the ball away from the USC offense as much as possible, which was their strategy in order to have any chance of winning. In that respect, he was successful. Time of possession for UNL was 28:30 and for USC 31:30. They were unable to run the ball consistently resulting in USC blitzing on obvious passing downs. Their secondary was totally unable to deal with the 6'5" receivers which certainly made it easier for USC to run the ball. Bottom line, too much speed and talent at USC. A team with the #1 recruiting class in 4 of the last 5 years should certainly be expected to produce a team of this calibre year after year. I believe Callahan will get the program back to where it used to be in another year or so. Making the change from an option attack to the west coast offense requires a total revamp of the program, personnel and player selection. I think the program is moving in the right direction and we'll get there, but not without some disappointments. Big Red fans still expect to win.

I could not tell you how frustrating it was to see him callahan running the ball constantly. I was so stoked in the earlier games to see him mix it up, and when I saw the fake punt I thought for sure he came to win it.
This keep it close is BS. They really could have won that game. USC caught some breaks, that turned the whole tide of the game. ie. Grixby getting some hands and not taking that gift of an INT, and Lucky hanging onto the ball and not giving the gift of a fumble. Oh well, time to look forward. It SHOULD be a good season from here on out if Callahan grows some balls and plays to win instead of playing to..... I don't know WTF.

H@mbone!
18th September 2006, 21:22
I sure hope that Callahan has learned where his team is at and works at it threw the next few weeks. Looking at the schedule the need to get there game plan down before they go and play Iowa St. in Ames and then after that work towards beating another great team the Longhorns. Thats going to be there second toughest game they need to get ready for. But I have hope they pulled a close game that they should of won in Cali, so playing Texas in Memorial Stadium should give them the advantage, but then they also have to play OSU in Oklahoma which is another tough game so hopefully by then they have there fear on the road out of their system and mistakes cut down. If they do all this then they should be able to go undefeated the rest of the season. They are as good as the best and they need to know this. Competing against USC at the Collusium is the same as playing Nebraska at Memorial Stadium. But anyways thats just my 2 cents.

H@mbone!
18th September 2006, 21:24
I could not tell you how frustrating it was to see him callahan running the ball constantly. I was so stoked in the earlier games to see him mix it up, and when I saw the fake punt I thought for sure he came to win it.
This keep it close is BS. They really could have won that game. USC caught some breaks, that turned the whole tide of the game. ie. Grixby getting some hands and not taking that gift of an INT, and Lucky hanging onto the ball and not giving the gift of a fumble. Oh well, time to look forward. It SHOULD be a good season from here on out if Callahan grows some balls and plays to win instead of playing to..... I don't know WTF.
I agree, they should have done more threw the air, and also played Glen alot more he is the one that would have worn the defense down he is a power house and needs to be recognized. Lucky has the speed and Wilson seems to be a power house but I think Glen is better then both from what I have seen.

MidWest XL
19th September 2006, 00:47
Yeah, did you see Zac's face when there was about a minute and a half left in the first half? He looked to the side line asking for the play and you could tell by the look on his face that they told him just to run it out and go into halftime. Also, the interview with Mckeon after the game. When asked about the game plan, he just told him to ask the coaches.
I know the competiveness in our guys and they really wanted to go after it. But that wasn't in the game plan.
Although I believe that the game plan was solid, I feel he could have loosened up and mixed it up more in the fourth quarter, just to keep SC off balance.
Like I said earlier, I feel our guys have a message to send the rest of the season and their opponents will be the messengers.

H@mbone!
19th September 2006, 16:22
Well just found out so I thought I would let everyone on here know that FSN has selected the Nebraska-Kansas Game(Sep 30th @ 6pm CT) for Prime-Time Telecast.

H@mbone!
22nd September 2006, 15:57
Here is a couple wallpapers I made for this weeks game
http://www.geocities.com/dragon_dreams_01/week4nu.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/dragon_dreams_01/fumble_8_31_02_std.jpg

H@mbone!
22nd September 2006, 15:58
And here is a few for the Kansas Game tell me what you think. I'm new at this whole photo stuff but thought I would throw my mind into it.
http://www.geocities.com/dragon_dreams_01/Week5.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/dragon_dreams_01/nuvskuweek5.jpg

MidWest XL
25th September 2006, 01:16
Great one-sided game last night. I know lots of sports pundits were predicting a much closer outcome. I took a buddy of mine and though it was a cold night the shut-out helped keep us warm. We had heard rumors that there might be a flyover during the anthem because of a nearby airshow, but no one was sure. It was quiet during the National Anthem until after the last verse was belted out. Just then the South endzone started going crazy. Because we were in the North endzone we couldn't see what they were seeing. Then, as were looking back here they came: 2 Bad-Azz Stealth Fighters cruising over the stadium. Talk about a place going crazy...

There was one added, unexpected, but goose-bump material bonus: Later in the 3rd quarter the announcer told us that the 4 pilots from the flyover were there and asked for a round of applause. As the cameras zoomed onto the pilots, they opened up their flight suits and all were wearing black Nebraska Blackshirts t-shirts.

There's no place like Nebraska.

I dig the wallpapers - just have to update them after this year's games.

H@mbone!
27th September 2006, 16:09
Yeah I watched the game on PPV it was one hell of a game hopefully they will keep it up from here on out. And I have been starting me a folder at home with some good pictures from last years games and this years games so next year I'll beable to make some wallpapers with the right uniforms on hopefully except for teams they have only played once. But I'll keep them updated the best I can.
GO BIG RED! GO BIG RED!!
Can't wait for this weekend with another win bringing the Huskers to 4-1 and hopefully bringing there rank up better then 21st.

H@mbone!
28th September 2006, 23:08
http://www.geocities.com/dragon_dreams_01/BlackshirtsvsKansasTheyreback.jpg

Gone
1st October 2006, 01:26
Man, Woman and Child(Lyle Bremser)....was that TD ever quick...Go Big Red!!!

H@mbone!
11th October 2006, 18:43
Well its getting further into the season Nebraskas record is now 5-1 and in conferance they are 2-0. This week they are playing K-State that will be a fun game and with a win will be the first time in 10 years we have beaten KSU in Manhattan and also Nebraskas 800th win. So alot to look forward to. Hopefully are Blackshirts will go out there and put the smack down on Freeman. Still can't believe he turned down his scolorship to NU after giveing a verbal commitment and then went to K-State oh well just gives are team more motivation to go out there and slaughter KSU.

tonyhds
12th October 2006, 03:14
Ya better circle Oct. 21 @ 11 am !

H@mbone!
12th October 2006, 18:47
Yeah already on the calander should be a good game. If Nebraskas secondary is stronger by then could go either way. NU has the advantage playeing at home expecially after to road games. Both faired about the same agaist ISU so I'm thinking it will be a good game, expecially if we get some of are injured players back in and the coach desides to blitz alot like they did agaist ISU. KSU should be a guarteed win but its hard to say we haven't beaten KSU in Manhattan since 96.

H@mbone!
16th October 2006, 17:09
What a great win this weekend for the Huskers. They made there 800th victory makeing them only the 4th team in History to to this, and also ranking them at 17th and bringing there record to 6-1(Conf 3-0) makeing them 1st in the North Division of the Big 12. So with a win this weekend agaist Texas it should bring them up to the Top 10 and also 1st in the Big 12. Other teams with 800 wins includes Michigan(855),Notre Dame(816), and Texas(805). Stats could be diffrent then what I listed not sure if these were reflected on this weekends wins or not. Ohio State will probbley be with us in a year or two if they keep it up. Anyways looking forward to this weekend should be a good one.

Guinnessharp
23rd October 2006, 19:27
Damn Fumble :frownthre :frownthre

doc
23rd October 2006, 19:32
Yep. They had it won.

H@mbone!
23rd October 2006, 23:05
Yeah they did the played damn hard to win and then turn it over. But that wasn't the only mistakes that lost them the game. They had the one interception early in the game which lost them some momentom and the defense didn't seem to show up till the second half and the running game also didn't start working till the second half. Seemed like the O Line wasn't doing anything to protect the quarterback. Will see what they learned from this game and they should win the rest of there games and play Texas again and go into this game knowing they have what it takes to beat them instead of thinking they do. They'll also be a little more pumped up for revenge and for the fact that they are playing in the Big XII Championship game.

tonyhds
24th October 2006, 02:44
Texas was lucky to win the game that should have never been that close.
Our kicker left 7 easy points off the board. Nebraska is a good team with fans with Real class. Too bad the coach, Callahan can't spell Class !
Hope we get the chance to see you guys in K. C.

H@mbone!
30th October 2006, 18:04
What a dissapointing weekend. Don't know what happened to them after seeing last weeks game to this week. It shouldn't have been a close game expecially after they were up 16-0. Then they let Okie St. score a few times bringing it to 23-20 or something like that in the first half then didn't see nothing from the o team or d the 2nd half. What a dissapointment.

Guinnessharp
30th October 2006, 18:38
What a dissapointing weekend. Don't know what happened to them after seeing last weeks game to this week. It shouldn't have been a close game expecially after they were up 16-0. Then they let Okie St. score a few times bringing it to 23-20 or something like that in the first half then didn't see nothing from the o team or d the 2nd half. What a dissapointment.

OWH said it best

"First of all," coach Bill Callahan said, "our goals are still intact."

Nebraska's goals apparently don't include being ranked as a top 25 team 10 weeks into this season. Its goals must not include improving much on its record over last year. Or displaying the ability stop a middle-of-the-pack Big 12 South team from averaging eight yards a play over the course of an entire game.

Sad just sad

hogpreacher
30th October 2006, 23:14
I work for the local ESPN affiliate in Lincoln. Game time Saturday is 11:00 a.m. FSN is suppose to cover it.
We should have won Satuday agains OSU. Couple of things: Calahan should have given Jackson the ball more in second half and secondly, Taylor did not have is A game second half. Some really poor decisions and throws. Also, the Blackshirts are not as intimidating as they should.

flskevin
30th October 2006, 23:34
Don't fret, it's not like Nebraska or the Big 12 are as good as the SEC.

H@mbone!
15th November 2006, 16:42
Well it looks like Coach BC has worked with his team since those two losses and have brought there record back up to 8-3 and has won the Big XII North Title. Which last year we finished all together 8-5. So we are so far doing a little better then last year. Hopefully during the bye week they will work on beating Colorado which should be a sure win but so should of Okie St. Doing that will bring them to 9-3 going into the Big XII Championship game, and already guarenteed a bowl game now which one is up to them. Winning the Big XII Championship game would give them the Fiesta Bowl I believe and loosing I think they would go to the Cotton Bowl I guess will just have to see how it pans out.

H@mbone!
15th November 2006, 16:43
One more thing, anyone going to be at Arrowhead for the Big XII Championship game. I am going to be there with my dad were going to tailgate the game.

gunslinger
25th November 2006, 15:07
One more thing, anyone going to be at Arrowhead for the Big XII Championship game. I am going to be there with my dad were going to tailgate the game.

I'd go but I am in Germany. It is a bit expensive to fly back for a game. Have a cold one for me. Just make sure you got a designated driver.

MidWest XL
25th November 2006, 15:40
Man, I won't be going to the title game at Arrowhead. I heard one of the radio talking heads that, as of last Friday, over 57,000 tickets sold were sent to zip codes in Nebraska. I wouldn't be surprised to see over 60,000 Husker fans out there! It should be a great game. I would expect our opponent to be OU. What a showdown that would be. Although, I feel that they'd be able to smoke Texas in a rematch because of how they are playing now and Colt McCoy getting carried oout on a stretcher yesterday and have a better chance of winning the Big XII title, the OU game would be more of a challenge to the players & coaches. OU is playing great going into this game. This match up would be more nerve-wracking for this Husker Fan. The only way we'd play Texas again in the title game is for OU to lose to Okie State today.

I was at the Colorado game yetserday. I wanted to go to see the senior's last game. It started out in non-typical NU fashion, only scoring 14 points, but they were what seemed to be hard earned points. CU wasn't going to be a walk through for us, they played tough. Again NU came out in non-typical NU fashion and scored in the 3rd quarter! It was late, as NU's first drive after the half looked good until we fumbled. CU took it down the field and scored and I thought we might have lost the momentum.
Then it seemed like the Huskers & the coaches turned it up and began to dominate the second half - it was a great feeling to know that we were taking over.
There were 3 plays that stood out in my mind: The 4th and 1 where we lined up to kick, then broke the formation to run a play. Zach was trying to get them to jump offsides, but they weren't biting. He then stepped away from the center, walked toward the sideline, threw his hand up in feined frustration and the center snapped it directly to Tierre Green. 1st down Nebraska. The place went crazy. What an acting job ZT did! He was so believable.
The 2nd is the safety. First time this season. We down the kick on the 1 yard line and Adam Carriker & Cory McKeon run through CU's O-line for a safety, that was a statement from the Huskers
The 3rd play that sticks out in my mind was the last touchdown in the closing seconds by Kenny Wilson. That, my friends, was a tough ass run, breaking a couple of tackles and then running over a CU DB in the end zone.
That was a statement TD by the Huskers. That is the way you finish out a season.

GO BIG RED !!

Guinnessharp
21st August 2007, 18:59
Alright Huskers,
Time to stoke up this thread for the 2007 season. How are they going to do? I just Callahan does not decide to puss out against USC this year. I am looking forward to seeing Keller throw downfield also. I am sad to see Grixby is back again this year.

Guinnessharp
23rd August 2007, 23:21
:bump :bump

MidWest XL
24th August 2007, 12:03
I am hoping we do well. We "need" to win a couple of key games to put us back in the national spotlight. Those are back-to-back home games against Oklahoma State and Texas A & M.

With the recruits we have comng in next year - man, I think we might be turning this thing around.

GO BIG RED

Guinnessharp
24th August 2007, 20:58
I am hoping we do well. We "need" to win a couple of key games to put us back in the national spotlight. Those are back-to-back home games against Oklahoma State and Texas A & M.

With the recruits we have comng in next year - man, I think we might be turning this thing around.

GO BIG RED

I have heard some great things about this recruiting class... I just don't want to wait that long.

MidWest XL
24th August 2007, 23:24
I know!

It's hard to be patient, but just think of the years to come...

MidWest XL
30th August 2007, 12:29
Did you hear the report on the new "Tunnel Walk" music/intro?
Last year's was wrong. The "I play for Nebraska" was cool but you couldn't hear it with everyone going crazy in the stadium. It made people quiet down - not what we wanted... I was pretty disappointed.

Anyway, this is reposted to be the new version, still keeping Sirius's intro, but mixing it in with a new twist. I like it myself:
http://www.myspace.com/djmikeybo

Guinnessharp
5th September 2007, 15:14
Did you hear the report on the new "Tunnel Walk" music/intro?
Last year's was wrong. The "I play for Nebraska" was cool but you couldn't hear it with everyone going crazy in the stadium. It made people quiet down - not what we wanted... I was pretty disappointed.

Anyway, this is reposted to be the new version, still keeping Sirius's intro, but mixing it in with a new twist. I like it myself:
http://www.myspace.com/djmikeybo

Sounds good, and we have our first win. I was a little disappointed with the first half but after they got thier rythm they almost looked like nebraska of old. Lucky is going to go a long way. It looks like we moved up to 17 in the polls but for some reason I could not find Michigan?:p