PDA

View Full Version : Aux. Lights

41caninek1
31st August 2006, 21:49
I noticed that the aux. running lights in the H-D catalog mounts where the quick detachable W/S mounts. Any suggestions on how else to mount them?

semjpm
31st August 2006, 23:21
Same observation and problem here. Other than Mono lights at $500, I have not found a solution.

SEMJPM

dagsportster
31st August 2006, 23:50
I noticed that the aux. running lights in the H-D catalog mounts where the quick detachable W/S mounts. Any suggestions on how else to mount them?

I'm not sure why they'd conflict with the QD attachments. When I installed my windshield, I had several options for placing the attachment points. It takes about 10 seconds to remove or install the windshield, so I don't know how much quicker the QD is. My understanding is the QD has clamps that stay with the windshield. Mine leaves very small posts on the fork, but it's still very easy to attach and remove.

http://homepage.mac.com/dagruber/.Pictures/XL/xlwind.jpg

bgjjr
1st September 2006, 04:22
the motor company make a special windshield with cit outs that fit around the passing lamps. bothin rigid a q/d mounts

41caninek1
1st September 2006, 21:04
I'm not sure why they'd conflict with the QD attachments. When I installed my windshield, I had several options for placing the attachment points. It takes about 10 seconds to remove or install the windshield, so I don't know how much quicker the QD is. My understanding is the QD has clamps that stay with the windshield. Mine leaves very small posts on the fork, but it's still very easy to attach and remove.

http://homepage.mac.com/dagruber/.Pictures/XL/xlwind.jpg

Too late for me. I already have the QD W/S with the clamps and am trying to figure a way to also run the lights.

Roadster_Rider
1st September 2006, 21:10
You could probably get your windshield cut so they fit, other than that your only option is to replace the windhshield.

mikeLI_77
1st September 2006, 22:07
You could probably get your windshield cut so they fit, other than that your only option is to replace the windhshield.

:iagree either try it yourself or bring it to a glass shop and they could cut it for you.