PDA

View Full Version : Sorgy's...???????????????????????

kiltbill
5th September 2006, 23:44
All I wanted to do was order some parts, doesn't sound that hard does it? Simple enough, a friend and I both wanted some parts and we thought Sorgy's would be as good a place as any to get them.

So I typed out the list, hit send and that's it or so I thought! All I needed was a price, a shipping cost and a total amount. As soon as I got this I could arrange payment and that's it, No Hassle, No Stress. Job DONE.

Oh if only it was as simple as that! No the whole thing required about 20 very confusing emails, with changing costs and changing shipping costs! Eventually after more than 10 hours of emails going back and forth there was reconciliation.

A final price was achieved, and payment was arranged. I really don't know... In this day and age and with the Technology available you would think such a simple chore as ordering some new parts would be simple.

Oh Sorry, did I mention that I changed the order 5 times?

Or that I kept adding different bits on each email?

Then added my Bud's order and then changed it?

Then changed the whole thing again?

NO.... OOPS :doh :doh :doh :doh :doh

FULL credit to Sorgy!!! :clap :clap :banana :clap :clap

He coped with my nonsensical emails, my ever changing mind and still did me a GREAT deal! :banana :banana :banana :banana

Although, even he nearly cracked after a day of KiltBll!!! :doh :frownthre

His last email said... "GET SOME SLEEP, BILL"...:roflblack I reckon one more and i could have got him to crack! ;)

Seriously though, it was handled great as usual and a pleasure to DEAL with. Thanks Sorgy! and Apologies from the Mad Scotsman for making you're day more stressful!

:rolleyes:

AOW
6th September 2006, 00:13
Good to hear. I saw your first paragraph and was thinking, "I've heard a lot of good about Sorgy's."

Got me.

FSZEKE302
6th September 2006, 00:17
Bill, you never fail to amuse me. Good to here all is well.
Zeke

KC_Sporty_Gal
6th September 2006, 00:45
I've had a good experience with them as well. And damn, that's a lot of question marks in your title!
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

Sportster Girl
6th September 2006, 00:51
Bill, you didn't cause him so much trouble that he's gonna raise the price on Sportster parts did ya? :D

kiltbill
6th September 2006, 01:39
Bill, you never fail to amuse me. Good to here all is well.
Zeke

All is well Zek, just off to bed... A tired and happily sober laddie...

OH and I hope he aint gonna raise the prices SG! If he does I reckon it'll just be to Crazy Scot's, so y'all should be safe!

Take it easy all....;)

GOTWA
6th September 2006, 01:42
All is well Zek, just off to bed... A tired and happily sober laddie...

Aye...

And yeah, I keep my eye on things. ;)

Erik

Terp84Alum
18th September 2006, 02:51
Does Sorgy's have a website?

torxster
18th September 2006, 03:25
Does Sorgy's have a website?
http://www.sorgys.com

:smoke

Terp84Alum
18th September 2006, 03:27
Wow. I googled it but that site didn't come up. Just call me noob :D

AZFlyingDiver
18th September 2006, 03:31
Sorgy's great - got my Progressives (shocks and fork spring kit) and S&S stuff from him... I definitely count him among my fave vendors to do business with. And he's familiar with XLF'ers, prolly even more than ever after dealing with Bill!

vetthed
18th September 2006, 03:45
i wasnt buying that for a minute...

Paulie420
18th September 2006, 03:49
I always suggest he become a supporting member... maybe the rest of us should too everytime we order. I would love to be able to cred a supporting vendor as much as I do for Sorgy...

He rocks and has always done me right...

Terp84Alum
18th September 2006, 03:55
I sent an email tonight and they got back to me ALREADY. Unbelievable. I'm all over ordering from these guys.

XLFREAK
18th September 2006, 04:22
:banarock Sorgys rock!:banarock

TheForce
18th September 2006, 10:22
Yeah, Sorgy is on top of things. Been following some auctions he had going on Ebay and he never missed returning my emails. Very fast. I finally bought a set of Cycle Shack slip-ons, A K&N hi flow filter and a Memphis Slims windshield. Can't wait for them to arrive.

kiltbill
18th September 2006, 10:50
.. I definitely count him among my fave vendors to do business with.

and he's familiar with XLF'ers, prolly even more than ever after dealing with Bill!

:wonderlan :frownthre :wonderlan

:roflblack :roflblack
PROBABLY TRUE!

The service is great, and I think the speed of his response is just amazing considering that thay must be a busy kinda shop!

Full credit to them , have recommended them to a few over here who have bought and all say the same...

Keep it up Sorgys, Good service can be rare in this day and age...

:clap

Terp84Alum
18th September 2006, 15:39
Just ordered the S&S Teardrop kit. :banana

Terp84Alum
19th September 2006, 19:19
Incredible! My order just showed up, already. They have certainly set the bar pretty high now. :banana

AZFlyingDiver
19th September 2006, 20:20
Yep - Sorgy ROCKS.

Terp84Alum
20th September 2006, 00:06
:( Oh well, I'm having a little trouble getting it on but Sorgy has been right there for me. I think that I need to slide the carb out a little to make things fit right. More tomorrow.

kiltbill
21st September 2006, 12:21
Woohoo,

All the bits arrived yesterday! New LED lights fitted and the Kuryakyn pegs are on, just the bars and the Kuryakn mirrors to go!

Then time to start on the mucky bits over the winter and get that Wiseco 1200 kit fitted.

Less than 14 days from order to my door from the Good Ol' US of A seems damn good to me...:banana

Great service again!

Thanks Sorgy...:clap

Will get some pics posted when bars are fitted, and I decide which set outta the 3 I am going to go with...

Mini ape? Wide low rise or Drag? any thoughts??????

KB

jpar05nm
6th December 2006, 08:01
Nothing but the best from sorgys in my dealings.:D

shotgun46
6th December 2006, 13:04
sorgys is great to do buisness with ! good prices and fast shippnig ! i called him and before i hung up phone the parts were here !

snowman
6th December 2006, 13:09
Mini ape? Wide low rise or Drag? any thoughts??????KB

Wide low-rise probably for the comfort. Not an Ape Bars guy at all. If you don't do a lot of long distance rides, then I'd choose the dragbars for the looks..:geek:geek:geek

kiltbill
6th December 2006, 14:14
Wide low-rise probably for the comfort. Not an Ape Bars guy at all. If you don't do a lot of long distance rides, then I'd choose the dragbars for the looks..:geek:geek:geek

I have no idea why I wrote Mini Ape there!!! :doh Not a fan either. anyway went with the wide bars and I love them.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/kiltbill1/PEPE125.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/kiltbill1/PEPE123.jpg

snowman
6th December 2006, 14:39
Looks great, Bro!!!! :wonderlan :wonderlan :wonderlan

rcliffor
6th December 2006, 15:47
Bill, I like those bars....what are the stats (pullback, rise, width)? Did you have to extend your cables"

kiltbill
6th December 2006, 15:57
Bill, I like those bars....what are the stats (pullback, rise, width)? Did you have to extend your cables"

I will need to check for you and I am away for 2 days but I will get back to you. Cables are standard, but new braided brake line. (Dealer was very helpful with this. Just Harleys in Newcastle)

Really chuffed with the way they feel.

celtic
6th December 2006, 16:03
If he does I reckon it'll just be to Crazy Scot's, so y'all should be safe!

well, just as long as it doesn't pertain to scots-americans, ya bastid! :D

shotgun46
6th December 2006, 19:56
did you have to change out any of your cables ? nice looking bike & bars !

snowman
6th December 2006, 20:42
chuffed????? :wtf

freekinfreak
6th December 2006, 21:39
I bought some forward controls from Sorgys, off of ebay. Definately a great place to do business with.

jms969
14th December 2006, 01:22
I just love Sorgy's... What a great bunch of guys.

Thanks, for all of the help Danny.

JMS

Prebs
6th February 2007, 01:53
I have to say Sorgys is GREAT. I have just purchased a few items. 1 being my progressive shocks and a few other items. they were super helpful with the back and forth emails which they answered lightning fast!!! answered every question I had. Great company will buy more from them and recommend them to everyone!!!! A++++ thanks Sorgy!:D can't wait to get my stuff :D:D

Terp84Alum
6th February 2007, 01:57
I just bought a LePera seat from them. They are the best. I go to them first.

copperhead883r
10th February 2007, 23:03
Hey , just have to add my voice to many others and say that if you need parts try sorgy's first. This guy is the honest mechcanic we all dream about.
he could have sold me all kind of parts I did not need and made a lot of money at my expense. But he only sold me what I needed to get the job done. Hats off to you Sorgy. I hope I can pass it on.

dabronco
11th February 2007, 01:28
Bill, those bars look great! Kinda have the same profile as the 05 dyna bars I have on mine.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/dabronco/2-07lr.jpg

kiltbill
11th February 2007, 01:39
Bill, those bars look great! Kinda have the same profile as the 05 dyna bars I have on mine.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/kiltbill1/PEPE124.jpg

The bars look similar, the single instrument (speedo) makes the ones I fitted appear longer...

That's one very clean Sporty you have...:clap

kb

John1200
12th February 2007, 02:15

Great Looking Bike! :clap Tell me about your rims. Are those original? What size are they?

moedog883
24th February 2007, 17:55
Just placed my 1st order with Sorgy. Great prices, and fast service. My new favorite vendor.

Sporty1
9th March 2007, 20:12
I won a bid for a laydown license plate bracket from Sorgys on Ebay yesterday. Great price AND really great shipping rates to Canada via USPS. I called to pay and dealt with a really down to earth dude. I have been looking for a online place and now that I have found Sorgys they will get as much of my business as possible.

SORGYS ROCKS :clap PASS IT ON

kiltbill
29th March 2007, 15:49
Just got some more bits from Dave at Sorgys...:D

Super fast shipping and a great Deal...:clap

Prebs
29th March 2007, 16:53
I just ordered from him the other day! Always great communication and service.

C-dog
29th March 2007, 17:39
I bought some Cycle Shack Slip-ons and a jet kit from Sorgys. Good people to deal with and the jet kit was awesome. The jet kit even came with replacement stainless steel socket head bowl screws & lock washers and very detailed instructions. Sorgys rocks! :rockband

Fireball
19th August 2008, 17:33
Sorgy freaking rules with customer service, communication and shipping. In future I won't even bother to try purchasing anywhere else. So SORGY is great for us in overseas as well!