PDA

View Full Version : Where's everyone from NorCal live???

Paulie420
21st September 2006, 06:38
I wanna put together a large NOR CAL ride if we can all get on the same page. There are a few of us in the Sacramento area... I know of a few in the San Francisco area... I have heard of people in the foothills, Santa Rosa, Modesto, and MORE... here's the idea:

Before the end of the season, maybe EARLY to MID October... we should plan a circular route - a good long day of riding, and go through a few of the cities where XLF riders are. Then, you can just ride with the group and finish in your home town... we'd all ride together for a while and different groups would stop at different times. Also, we could have a halfway point with food that was the main stop, maybe try to get everyone to be at that point...

Just a fun idea, Adding a poll so please if you would go on this ride vote... we'll test the waters and see if this is a possibility.

WOOHOO!

edman
21st September 2006, 13:02
Iím in Tracy but I checked Modesto. Close enough for the girls I dance with.

calsport05
21st September 2006, 13:56
Hey Paulie,

I checked San Francisco. Actually we are about 40 minutes away in Los Altos.

Ghugly
21st September 2006, 14:06
I'm 60 miles south of Fresno...........close enough to call it Fresno.:D

merc
21st September 2006, 14:07
Where's everyone from NorCal live???

In NorCal of course

Roadster_Rider
22nd September 2006, 06:20
I'm in sonoma, right between napa and santa rosa, i was in santa rosa, but we moved here just recently.

Uquackmeup
22nd September 2006, 06:22
I'm in Santa Rosa off Fulton and West College.

Ron

Roadster_Rider
22nd September 2006, 06:59
personally i'd love to take a ride down highway 1 and then hit annapolis road... thats a great ride.

MontereyJon
22nd September 2006, 07:48
I had to vote "other" I am in Monterey.... More central than NorCal, but I'd choose NorCal over SoCal any day. I like the mild temps.

MontereyJon
22nd September 2006, 07:51
personally i'd love to take a ride down highway 1 and then hit annapolis road... thats a great ride.

Where is that?

Roadster_Rider
22nd September 2006, 08:11
If you take Hwy 1 north you follow it for like an hour and a half or two hours then you hit Annapolis road which comes out at healdsburg, and its about a 60 mile stretch. 60 miles of heaven.

Takingabreak
22nd September 2006, 08:37
Portland....it's were all them there ex-Californians live in Oregon.

leo
23rd September 2006, 04:23
I'm in SAN JOSE, SANTA CLARA COUNTY

Paulie420
25th September 2006, 22:20
Wow, I'm a dingus - didn't notice all the replies and thought the thread died quickly! Woohoo, I'm gonna look at the map and see how roadster_riders idea would work... if any of you have ideas I'd love to hear them...

I'll try to come up with something that might work for all of us. I know there are more from the S.F. area, maybe they'll chime in too... :D

Thanks for the response hope we get something fun together!!!

Talk to ya'll soon.

Kenny
1st October 2006, 18:03
I will subscribe to the thread to follow along for the ride. I'm not sure what to check. I'm half Cupertino half Patterson.

I will subscribe to the thread to follow along for the ride :D

RogerMason
17th October 2006, 12:56
Im located in Loma Rica, between Marysville and Grass Valley.

XLFREAK
17th October 2006, 21:31
I'm in the Fresno Area.

jbrews
27th October 2006, 00:56
I checked San Fransisco, but could have checked Sacramento as well; I am in the middle. I am ready to go! Let's do it.
Jbrews

MontereyJon
27th October 2006, 08:56
I know, I need a ride!

hybriDatsun350
27th October 2006, 10:41
Just north of Santa Rosa for me. Actually in between Santa Rosa in Windsor in the Larkfield/Wikiup area. It's good to see that there are some riders fairly close by! :)

Smokermike
27th October 2006, 14:38
come on Paul lets get this going

:)

jbrews
28th October 2006, 15:28
There are LOTS of us here. Another site as well. Yahoo group called BAS bay area sportsters, we ride frequently.

jbrews
7th November 2006, 00:14
Guess it was a flash in the pan.

Paulie420
23rd March 2007, 06:03
True. I am spread very thin and try to take too much on. Been real busy.

But yea, that about sums it up. Badass idea and startup post. No follow through at all.

I hope I have time and people still wanna try sometime.

Bleck.

SaltLick
23rd March 2007, 06:10
well i use to live in santa rosa for the past 30 years til i moved here to portland oregon....dam i wish i was back there now. I miss good old Nor Cal.

XLFREAK
23rd March 2007, 06:29
whats up from marysville. woo

Nodaclu
23rd March 2007, 08:43
Born in Lodi, raised in Stockton, currently trapped in Las Vegas, but always a NorCal boy in my heart. :D

~Mike

Swankster
27th April 2007, 00:38
I'm 60 miles south of Fresno...........close enough to call it Fresno.:D

Hey Ghugly,
That would place you around Tulare I guess.
Am I close?
Swankster

xlc06sportster
16th May 2007, 07:04
I'm in the sacto area and always up for a ride!:spank
Hey Paulie I think we ride together on in Rc2. Is it true your headed to Az., if so I live there in the early to mid 90's its a rockin town.

skull1313
16th May 2007, 07:17
Marin county (greenbrae)

jfs92579
16th May 2007, 07:25
Me and my brother, punkmxn, in Redwood City. Between SJ and SF. Both of us always down to ride!

robert
17th May 2007, 04:18
I'm in Monterey. Spend a lot of time in San Jose and Fresno. Always looking to ride! MontereyJon, PM me and we'll ride!

Gone
27th June 2007, 23:41
I live in Angels Camp. I am currently prospecting for a clean and sober m/c in our area. We ride all over the place. Going on a run in July in Mariposa...

humgums
28th June 2007, 00:00
In Bayside (between Eureka and Arcata). That's about 275 miles N of San Francisco on the coast.

easywriter
24th September 2007, 04:11
Sounds good!
Let me know if it happenes, I'll do my best to be there!

robert
1st January 2008, 16:06
Bump. In case any Nor Cal folk wanna ride.

Beltfed
1st February 2008, 23:30
I'm in San Jose. :smoke

Jtrapass
8th February 2008, 20:07
I'm in san jose, too. Almost close enough to call it campbell.

tjstarz82
14th February 2008, 03:10
bay area, alameda here.

Gone
27th February 2008, 08:22
north of sac. in marysville

moto vito
27th February 2008, 17:07
Hollister ! there is no central california. Only north or south.

Swankster
27th February 2008, 17:25
I'm going to post the following info again and here at this post since many of you could easily make this event.
Jbrew for one is familiar with it, as am I

CAMS VIII........
Think about that for a moment. CAMS VIII. Our 8th year! Amazing! Some of you folks haven’t had marriages last this long!

That's right Ladies & Gents. CAMS VIII. Once again we're heading to Midpines, California for a weekend of riding, food, fun and laughs in and around YosemiteNational Park.

What: CAMS VIII - the CAlifornia Meeting of Sportsters (and friends!)

When: April 4 - 6, 2008.

Where: The Yosemite Bug Hostel in Midpines, California. See:
http://www.yosemitebug.com/

Who: Sportster and Buell aficionados (and friends) from all over.

Why: It's been so many years We’ve forgotten why! But we like it!

Yes, there will be this fabulous National Park nearby, you may have heard of it, the locals call it Yosemite. And yes, Yo Bug still has a wide variety of lodging accommodations to suit every budget including tent cabins, single-sex dorms, co-ed dorms and private cabins. The legendary Yo Bug restaurant will be there serving beer, wine and soft drinks.
This year's date is the earliest ever - Yo Bug has a Group coordinator and with her help we have selected a weekend that provides (at least for now) PLENTY of availability for your favorite accommodations - whatever they are. One big difference this year - we have "pre-reserved" a bunch of private rooms, tent cabins and a dorm under the CAMS name - so in order to make your reservation you have to CALL Yo Bug and identify yourself as part of the CAMS group. That's the secret password. They'll know you're with us and you'll be able to reserve your choice of the rooms we have blocked out for CAMS. Mind you, they're not going to hold these rooms forever, (it's not like We're paying them money or anything, they just like Us) so dont' delay, make that call NOW!

If you haven't been there, this is one of the most fabulous places to ride a motorcycle on the planet. If you have been there, then undoubtedly you can't wait to return.

There will of course be the highly entertaining traditional Friday night patio cocktail party as well as the Saturday night awards banquet and roast! This year we will be making fun of as MANY people as possible - don't miss it!
Plus you know if you don't show up we're all gonna sit around and make up nasty stories about you!

Of course WE will be there. Irreverent as always; poking fun at anyone and everyone including ourselves. We – and no doubt you - wouldn't have it any other way.

We’re looking forward to seeing you all SOON!

The Committee for CAMS
CAlifornia Meeting of Sportsters

This is a great gathering people. Great trip & riding from Socal or Norcal.
All are welcome and fantastic day rides around or throughout the Yosemite region. Great venue, company, food, drinks, music, laughs etc.
Swankster

BillSmith
27th May 2008, 01:36
Now that riding season is here, thought I'd bump this up and see if any Sporty riders were looking to organize a run somewhere.

I'm on the SF peninsula near SFO. Just starting to explore past my usual haunts like Alice's, the coast, jaunts to Napa, etc.

Doesn't have to be formal, just a common interest in sharing the road.

humgums
27th May 2008, 01:54
The Redwood Run is coming up in mid-June. Anybody going?

BillSmith
27th May 2008, 02:17
Link? Poker run?

Jtrapass
27th May 2008, 07:04
The Redwood Run is coming up in mid-June. Anybody going?

Google hit this, is it what you're talking about? http://www.redwoodrun.com/index.htm

Looks like more of a party than a ride.

humgums
28th May 2008, 03:56
That's it. The ride is getting there.

Jtrapass
28th May 2008, 19:16
That's it. The ride is getting there.

I don't see a price on the site, what's this shindig cost?

humgums
28th May 2008, 19:59
I don't see a price on the site, what's this shindig cost?

$130 for 3 days

Kwest187
1st August 2008, 02:54
In Eureka-Humbolt county...when, where to...Don't care I'm in-

D-Rock
26th August 2008, 00:59
I live in Redwood City, right in the middle of SF & SJ. I am down for a ride anytime. Looks like this never happened, but I hope it does. If people are up for one let me know!

drummerboy4as
27th August 2008, 09:43
Sacramento proper here. I'm down for a ride anytime. I'd like to see something actually happen with this :clap