PDA

View Full Version : backrest options

KC_Sporty_Gal
2nd October 2006, 23:53
I bought the mustang wide vintage seat without the backrest. What are my options for aftermarket backrests. I was looking at the bikers friend bag but wanted to check here and see what others have done.

tjduexjr
3rd October 2006, 01:14
I use a biker's friend bag on longer trips. It works great for me. Very comfortable and I can remove it when I don't need it.

KC_Sporty_Gal
3rd October 2006, 03:25
I think that is what I am going to go with.

tlehm
3rd October 2006, 04:34
Here is a picture of my 1200R on a trip last month to the Ozark mountains with a medium size bikers friend bag. I had no problems with it staying put without a sissy bar even.

sportyblue
3rd October 2006, 04:36
I bought the mustang wide vintage seat without the backrest. What are my options for aftermarket backrests. I was looking at the bikers friend bag but wanted to check here and see what others have done.

Just wondering why you did not get the backrest to go with your mustang seat ? I have the studded mustang with the backrest.....it is removable ......comes out if you did not always want to ride with it.

KC_Sporty_Gal
3rd October 2006, 09:53
I paid $250 (or there abouts) for the non backrest... the backrest was $200 more. At the time I didnt have the money.

Just wondering why you did not get the backrest to go with your mustang seat ? I have the studded mustang with the backrest.....it is removable ......comes out if you did not always want to ride with it.

mikeLI_77
3rd October 2006, 12:25
does your seat still have the slot in the back of the seat for the backrest? If so maybee you could find just the backrest on ebay or somewear.
I have the harley roll bag which I can turn around and put on the passenger seat instead of the luggage rack and use it as a back rest if I want to. It works pretty good if it's full.

ColoMike
3rd October 2006, 15:30
I was wondering if there was a certain size "biker friend bag" that works well on a Sporty?

ColoMike
3rd October 2006, 15:36
Or better yet.
Here's a great backrest !!!:banana Ya can bring more "stuff" !:D

http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/000_0095.jpg

Tornado
3rd October 2006, 18:54
Hey ColoMike! a little of topic, but what windshield are you running? That looks like the size I'm looking for. Thanks!:)

ColoMike
4th October 2006, 03:18
Hey ColoMike! a little of topic, but what windshield are you running? That looks like the size I'm looking for. Thanks!:)

Don't know, came with the bike. Plan on putting on lowers.
Sorry I can't help.

FSZEKE302
4th October 2006, 03:23
Bikers friend, never leave home without it. Great back support, keep my rain gear, thermos, camera, etc in it. On trips of several days to a week, I add saddle bags and a duffle bag on rear but the friend is always there. :tour