PDA

View Full Version : Post Count, How important is it

Mr Jimi
18th October 2006, 13:51
How important is this to you and what does it do for you? I myself don't care about it one way or another.
Post your feelings and lets see how important this is to you.
Thanks
:tour

Snuffy
18th October 2006, 14:03
its only really important on the 883 conversion whether its a real 1200 or not.

raysheen
18th October 2006, 14:12
in the beginning I thought it was interesting...you could actually tell who had been around a while and who was new (yes I am aware that there is a join date on your post as well) ...who was really contributing to the site by posting tons of helpful information...now, with all of the self-professed "post whores" it's meaningless as far as I'm concerned...I don't think we should get rid of it...I just don't think we should read much meaning into the numbers.

daesdaemar
18th October 2006, 14:14
in the beginning I thought it was interesting...you could actually tell who had been around a while and who was new...now, with all of the self-professed "post whores" it's meaningless as far as I'm concerned...I don't think we should get rid of it...I just don't think we should read much meaning into the numbers

Ditto.... (is this being a post-whore?)

Mr Jimi
18th October 2006, 14:16
in the beginning I thought it was interesting...you could actually tell who had been around a while and who was new...now, with all of the self-professed "post whores" it's meaningless as far as I'm concerned...I don't think we should get rid of it...I just don't think we should read much meaning into the numbers

John, I agree with you 100% its all a game.
I would rather have few post that mean something than a few smilies or one word replies

raysheen
18th October 2006, 14:17
posting that you are in agreement with me is never considered post-whoring! :laugh

DM-SC
18th October 2006, 14:17

No...this is! :doh

gronk62
18th October 2006, 14:24
It..

_____

gronk62
18th October 2006, 14:25
..doesn't..

gronk62
..matter..

gronk62
..at all!!

gronk62
18th October 2006, 14:26
:laugh

_____

Shark Doctor
18th October 2006, 14:48
in the beginning I thought it was interesting...you could actually tell who had been around a while and who was new (yes I am aware that there is a join date on your post as well) ...who was really contributing to the site by posting tons of helpful information...now, with all of the self-professed "post whores" it's meaningless as far as I'm concerned...I don't think we should get rid of it...I just don't think we should read much meaning into the numbers.
Agree, John, but I think that any attempt to equate numbers of posts to actual contributions would also be meaningless. I know I could name dozens of members with in excess of 1,000 posts who have yet to make any significant contribution (in MY opinion; others are certainly free to disagree). That said, the site is still worthwhile, and actually finding content not all that difficult if you don't mind filtering out the chaff.

Join date would be sufficient as far as I'm concerned...

klown
18th October 2006, 15:02
I don't know how important it really is, but someone resetted my post count, and I'm trying to get it back :smoke

Gone
18th October 2006, 15:16
I see no reason for it.

H@mbone!
18th October 2006, 15:34
I don't know I think its kinda cool to know where how many times you've actually posted on here and also being able to see how many threads you have started. Anyways thatc just my .$2

Prebs
18th October 2006, 15:39
I don't care about the count. It shows whos been around from the join date. There are some serious stuff and some funny stuff to reply to. The site is great with or with out the counter Lots of informative stuff that helps people. Any who....

Clarinetcat
18th October 2006, 15:43
John, I agree with you 100% its all a game.
I would rather have few post that mean something than a few smilies or one word replies
MrJimi, I'm not sure if it is considered a "game" by all...
I guess for some individuals, having a high number is important.
For me, it is simply that... a number, and nothing else.

Does that number translate into a "post whore"?
Who cares.

Just like you, I also enjoy having posts that mean something, and helping others with information when I am able.
But sometimes simply interacting with others by posting short responses is part of the fun of being here. :clap

chrishajer
18th October 2006, 15:43
I would eliminate it.

--Chris

pquirk
18th October 2006, 15:45
Doesn't matter much to me. In fact, the join date doesn't even really tell much since many of us were on the "old site" and we all have the same join date after the upgrade.

Clarinetcat
18th October 2006, 15:45
I don't know how important it really is, but someone resetted my post count, and I'm trying to get it back :smoke
<DOH!> A new post counter and a fresh coat of face paint for Klown...

Look out world! ;)

pquirk
18th October 2006, 15:48
MrJimi, I'm not sure if it is considered a "game" by all...
I guess for some individuals, having a high number is important.
For me, it is simply that... a number, and nothing else.

Does that number translate into a "post whore"?
:clap

Only if you have more than 11 post/day since joining, or if 500 of your posts are in the introduce yourself forum ;) :laugh .

Mr Jimi
18th October 2006, 15:57
I would eliminate it.

--Chris

Chris, its not a poll to keep it or make it go away its just a fun poll, You contribute lots of great info for all of us to use.
Keep posting, I don't care if your post count is one brazzilion per day, keep the good info coming

bplinson
18th October 2006, 16:00

No...this is! :doh

Neither one of you are being a post whore since post cound does not increase for posts in the Off-Topic section.

DEANER
18th October 2006, 16:02
Who really gives a :censor
Get the info you need, give some helpful advice and...
GO RIDE!

I feel most of the polls are really stupid..

What kind of cereal do you eat...
Who is your favorite ballet dancer...
How many times do you belch after dinner...

see what I'm talkin' 'bout.:doh

Personal opinion..........

Mr Jimi
18th October 2006, 16:04
Neither one of you are being a post whore since post cound does not increase for posts in the Off-Topic section.

Aw-shucks, now they know:shhhh

Clarinetcat
18th October 2006, 16:33
Only if you have more than 11 post/day since joining, or if 500 of your posts are in the introduce yourself forum ;) :laugh .
<shrug> Apparently you think that welcoming other people to the forum is not important... I don't see how having several posts in the "Introduce Yourself" section is a bad thing. I typically welcome people and kill some time before work while having a cup of coffee and getting ready for the day. I personally enjoyed the greetings I received from Gary (moderator), txsporty, debster, and others...

Is it important for others to know that a good portion of the threads you have started are in the "Politics and Religion" section of a motorcycle forum? :laugh
How much did that contribute to your post count? :frownthre
Does it really matter? :dunno

klown
18th October 2006, 16:44

P&R posts don't count towards your count :smoke

Clarinetcat
18th October 2006, 17:03
P&R posts don't count towards your count :smoke
Thanks for that clarification... :)

Does that mean you will be outside the P&R forum a significant amount in order to reclaim your post count? :rolleyes:

klown
18th October 2006, 17:10
Thanks for that clarification... :)

Does that mean you will be outside the P&R forum a significant amount in order to reclaim your post count? :rolleyes:

probably not, I've been outside of the P&R for my first couple of years. I get tired of seeing the same ol questions, nothing against the questions of course, new members join and have the same common questions. The P&R is more dynamic in my view :smoke

sportymark
18th October 2006, 17:24
Don't mind the total count but I do see a lot of familiar names saying "welcome" to new members. Funny I don't always see the same names on other threads so much.

There seems to be a lot of members who just post to "have a chat". Again I don't mind but they seem to be the same people who moan about things!

Still the best Sporty website on the planet, though.

JohnT
18th October 2006, 17:39
The post count is probably more a reflection of the value the poster places on his/her personal opinions than anything else. Some have been on the forum for only a few months, yet have over 1,000 posts; while others have been on for several years and have post numbers in the 100s. Of the currently 4,856 active members, the bulk of the post repsponses on any given day are made by the ususal suspects, 20 or 30 or so members who feel the need to comment on everything. It seems that most of the members drop in occasionally, check to see if there is anything of interest, and then go about their lives. All in all the count is about as meaningful as it is to list every mod, add-on, chrome blingy, or other doodad we load up on our motorcycles.

pquirk
18th October 2006, 17:50
<shrug> Apparently you think that welcoming other people to the forum is not important... I don't see how having several posts in the "Introduce Yourself" section is a bad thing. I typically welcome people and kill some time before work while having a cup of coffee and getting ready for the day. I personally enjoyed the greetings I received from Gary (moderator), txsporty, debster, and others...

Is it important for others to know that a good portion of the threads you have started are in the "Politics and Religion" section of a motorcycle forum? :laugh
Does it really matter? :dunno:laugh Lighten up Francis I don't think you're up to 500 welcomes yet :laugh. Yeah, I think it's important to welcome new members. I just don't think it's important for everyone to welcome every new member. The way I see it, whoever is online on at the time can do it and the job is done.

Clarinetcat
18th October 2006, 17:56
probably not, I've been outside of the P&R for my first couple of years. I get tired of seeing the same ol questions, nothing against the questions of course, new members join and have the same common questions. The P&R is more dynamic in my view :smoke
I can completely understand that... makes perfect sense. The P&R section is entertaining in it's own right... :p

Lighten up Francis I don't think you're up to 500 welcomes yet...
Yah, I know... I've been slackin' lately. :doh ;)
Consider myself lightened... or at least flattened. :roflblack
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/clarinetcat1/Funny%20Photos/Animated%20Cats/flatface.gif

avnsteve
18th October 2006, 18:09
The post count is probably more a reflection of the value the poster places on his/her personal opinions than anything else. Some have been on the forum for only a few months, yet have over 1,000 posts; while others have been on for several years and have post numbers in the 100s. Of the currently 4,856 active members, the bulk of the post repsponses on any given day are made by the ususal suspects, 20 or 30 or so members who feel the need to comment on everything. It seems that most of the members drop in occasionally, check to see if there is anything of interest, and then go about their lives. All in all the count is about as meaningful as it is to list every mod, add-on, chrome blingy, or other doodad we load up on our motorcycles.

I agree with JohnT here, an example that always sticks in my mind is chrishajer, he hasn't been a member very long at all, but has got oodles and gobs of posts, I've read most of his posts and they are almost all relevant to the motorcycle technical areas, in fact, I was actually surprised to see him make a few posts in the P&R section. It's not the quantity of your posts, it's the quality. Now, for myself, I like to think I've contributed at least somewhat, to the motorcycle relevant threads, but, as Klown said, sometimes, you get tired of the same questions. Also, I think welcomes are important, if I'm online I'll go there. I tried once to get "all caught up" and found how nearly impossible that was, so I decided to quit that

Big_Baazzoo
18th October 2006, 18:32
I think the ratio of count to time as a member is interesting. Personally, I am amazed at the people who manage to crank up their count to over 1,000 after only a month or two on the forum. Me, I read almost all the threads, but if somebody has already said what I would say, I move on. I guess I should just chime in with a smiley and quote somebody and say "right on" but, as David Byrne said, "If you have nothing to say, say nothing at all."

I suppose it is a good reflection on what people are like in person, there are those that love being the center of attention, and those that prefer to watch the calamity from the edges.

I think the count should only increase in threads that have to do with motorcycles.

Ole
18th October 2006, 18:38
...The P&R is more [dynamite] in my view
...I think that works better...:roflblack

avnsteve
18th October 2006, 18:41
I think the count should only increase in threads that have to do with motorcycles.

I believe that is the standard...

whispanic
18th October 2006, 18:42
Guess it doesnt really matter, but it does remind me that I have an addiction.

Adios

smoke
18th October 2006, 18:48
Didn't we have a reputation system at one time? I remember there were issues with that. I could care less about post count. I am here to take in all the info, not re-dish it out, I don't even know how I got over a 1000 posts.

why
18th October 2006, 18:52
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, didn’t the discussions about the Rep thing start this way?:rolleyes:

Why are there so many threads on changing the Forum?

Just a few thoughts/questions…

Why does it matter?

Why are we changing something that doesn’t seem broke?

Why cant we laugh and share when it’s fun? (Like we do now?)

Why cant we help and support if needed and we want to? (Like we do now?)

Why can’t we just enjoy the bits we like and ignore the bits we don’t? (Like we do now?)

They are just numbers no more, no less. Those that don’t like the numbers can ignore them (honestly you won’t hurt the little numbers feelings, they don’t have feelings!)
Those that like them can look at them…

I have occasionally seen an excellent post by a member I haven’t seen posting before who has very little posts, but their posts have been worthwhile and informative. I have also seen drivel posted by whores who seem to have nothing better to do (You don’t have to read it!) The numbers can also give you an idea about this kind of member too.

So some people post lots of “Welcomes” to new members, well thank God for that because some other members never welcome anyone. And as any member will tell you getting a welcome isn’t a bad thing and certainly helps the Forum.

Just imagine that Human beings disagreeing about something! Who would have thought it? Next thing you know we’ll be going to war over it! They are JUST NUMBERS!!!!!!!

:doh :doh :doh :doh :doh

chrishajer
18th October 2006, 18:55
I believe that is the standard...
Can one of the mods or admins post the forums that DO NOT count towards the post count? I know P&R, Jokes, Test. I would hope Forum FAQ, Suggestions, Member Talk, Super off-topic (actually, anything in the "Off-Topic" category at all - cars, guns, relationships) Mens/Ladies, WillieG, Introduce Yourself, I bet there are more.

Anyone have a list?

--Chris

obinella
18th October 2006, 19:03
Me, I read almost all the threads, but if somebody has already said what I would say, I move on. I guess I should just chime in with a smiley and quote somebody and say "right on" but, as David Byrne said, "If you have nothing to say, say nothing at all.".

"right on" but if you make a statement that i feel strongly about i may give you a one liner just show my support. especially if you are dead right and all the others are wrong,wrong, wrong.

busboyblues
18th October 2006, 19:03
It doesn't matter to me.

busboyblues
18th October 2006, 19:04
It really does not matter to me.

busboyblues
18th October 2006, 19:04
162 posts and counting baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

obinella
18th October 2006, 19:05
Can one of the mods or admins post the forums that DO NOT count towards the post count? I know P&R, Jokes, Test. I would hope Forum FAQ, Suggestions, Member Talk, Super off-topic (actually, anything in the "Off-Topic" category at all - cars, guns, relationships) Mens/Ladies, WillieG, Introduce Yourself, I bet there are more.

Anyone have a list?

--Chris
your really in to this, huh

pquirk
18th October 2006, 19:11
Didn't we have a reputation system at one time? I remember there were issues with that. I could care less about post count. I am here to take in all the info, not re-dish it out, I don't even know how I got over a 1000 posts.We took a poll and decided to ditch it :laugh :laugh. Oh my, can we take a poll about polls now? :laugh. Oh, nevermind :laugh.

Mr Jimi
18th October 2006, 19:19

Anyone have a list?

--Chris

Chris, that is a very closely guarded secret and like the dog in the bean commercial
We ain't tellin:shhhh

cjburr
18th October 2006, 19:32

Anyone have a list?

--Chris

NOOOOOO, not WilliG :frownthre :frownthre I'll lose my screwdriver:roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack

Mr Jimi
18th October 2006, 19:34
NOOOOOO, not WilliG :frownthre :frownthre I'll lose my screwdriver:roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack

CJBurr, you can have mine, I don't have a tool box for them:clap

pquirk
18th October 2006, 19:39
CJBurr, you can have mine, I don't have a tool box for them:clap

Toolbox!? You're supposed to pour those into a glass :frownthre .

Moved On
18th October 2006, 20:02
Chris, that is a very closely guarded secret and like the dog in the bean commercial
:tourThat's Jimi's way of saying we don't know for sure. More sections were added to the no count list lately, and Bert always tells us when he makes such a change, but it's hard to remember for sure. I know off topic doesn't count which is cool because that's where I spend most of my frivolous (stupid posting) time.

Gazza

hybriDatsun350
18th October 2006, 20:24
I'm a post whore!!! haha, just kidding!

Well I guess just posting this makes me a post whore, sh*t!

bud095
18th October 2006, 20:30
I don't know I think its kinda cool to know where how many times you've actually posted on here and also being able to see how many threads you have started. Anyways thatc just my .$2what he said

tonyhds
18th October 2006, 21:10
I don't care about post counts, I'm on here just about everyday at least for a little while. I read a whole lot more than post.

hoosier xlc
18th October 2006, 21:20
I think it's more about QUALITY rather then quantity!

avnsteve
18th October 2006, 21:54

anything to keep the high of a power trip huh? when you mods start to come down off your high, delete my post count too, it does nothing for me

as a matter of fact, this whole thread is post whoring and you are all guilty:frownthre

flathead45
18th October 2006, 22:39
man my post count in stinkin' low that really sucks

milmat1
18th October 2006, 22:42
If I think I can offer something I'll reply!

Sometimes I start a thread to get everyone thinking, And stir up some opinions.

Never even thought about the count until I noticed my description had changed and I asked why.

Anyway keep the counters running, It's cool to look at it once in a while. But I don't think anyone really keeps track of them do they ??

Justin
18th October 2006, 22:59
I've used forums with Rep before that worked pretty good. If someone had a useful post, you could give them points... Points from someone with points meant more, blah blah.

CT1200
18th October 2006, 23:32
Some people like to talk, others tend to listen. Does it make one person different than the other?

Its better to be thought of has a jackass than to open thy mouth and remove all doubt!

I'm here to learn and have some laughs, share what I have experienced.
Some use it as a local hangout.
Sorry I've got other places and people to do...

Terry C.
18th October 2006, 23:39
Voted: Don't care.

I check in a couple of times a day, and read most of the new posts in the sections I'm interested in. I do contribute when I can but usually someone else has already got it covered by the time I come around. I'll only post a follow-up if I have more to add or if I disagree with one (or even all) of the responders.

Some of the better forums I've been on have no post count or rating system, and they are just fine.

Yeah it would be cool to have a really high post count (and I do on some forums) but I know that at the rate I post it will be a LONG time comin', so I don't worry about it.

It is what it is.

doc
18th October 2006, 23:42
You can see how much it matters to me. I've been on here since the beginning and I'm about to break the big 2000 count mark!!!:smoke Even though it will probably take the rest of the year to do it.:doh

Mr Jimi
19th October 2006, 00:08
anything to keep the high of a power trip huh? when you mods start to come down off your high, delete my post count too, it does nothing for me

as a matter of fact, this whole thread is post whoring and you are all guilty:frownthre

Deleting your post count is not handled by mods. But if thats what you want? it can be arranged.
And this post whore thing, look at your per day post's, its much higher than mine. And you posted in a thread that does not count towards total post.
:doh

pquirk
19th October 2006, 00:21
man my post count in stinkin' low that really sucks:banana :banana :banana Flatty! good to see ya Dude!

jamman
19th October 2006, 01:11
you finally outta jail???
guess i'm a post whore , But I don't care count or not.. sometimes a right on, is all that is needed.. don't like what i put down , they can hit that little ignore deal ya know.. Wait... that was useful info. should that count?

dashadow
19th October 2006, 01:55
Flatty !!!
Welcome back man, stick around a while, we miss ya.

GSB_77_XL
19th October 2006, 02:35
It dosent matter to me at all. If a person sticks around long enough they will know who knows what they are talking about and who dosent. I agree with Pquirk about the introduce yourself postings. I saw one a couple of days ago welcoming a member who had been active on the forum for over a year. That is where the post whoring is taking place. Dont get me wrong getting new members is great, however it sucke to look at 10 pages of new posts, and 2 whole pages are welcome messages from one person. I quit replying to introduce yourself threads because there are simply too many of them for me to reply to all of them (I have dial up). So welcome to all noobs that I didnt say hello to!!!!!

lagerdrinker
19th October 2006, 03:07
im a post whore but not for the post count. i just like to respond if i feel the need. take the post count away. wont matter to me

jrazo
19th October 2006, 03:26
I have learned a lot here, and I enjoy the conversation. Not responding or interacting would be like going to a party with your friends and not talking. You guys are definately what defines a good bunch of bikers. Everything from help with your ride to help with personal issues can be found here with a genuine interest in the well being of each of us.

Moved On
19th October 2006, 05:48
Hah... you used to have the highest stinking post count on her Flatty you old dog.

Gazza

Clarinetcat
19th October 2006, 05:52
I have learned a lot here, and I enjoy the conversation. Not responding or interacting would be like going to a party with your friends and not talking. You guys are definately what defines a good bunch of bikers. Everything from help with your ride to help with personal issues can be found here with a genuine interest in the well being of each of us.
Now THAT sums it up pretty well for me... :wonderlan

stevo
19th October 2006, 10:01
Ahh Flatty ... g'day hairy man ... I finally got those Indian and UL motors out..

As for post count..... when we started it was a small tech biased site and it sorta meant a bit but when we started gettin so many non sporty threads it sorta lost it...
That's been addressed by takin most of them of the count list, although I don't know which is which and don't care..

The thing I personally find a bit annoying is that we have guys givin out info which is sometimes incorrect or ill-informed but because they have highish post counts a lot of newer members will believe what they've said...

Basicly it's like life ... some people prattle on and say little worthwhile while others sit back and say what needs to be said when it's nescessary.... but just because you're in either category doesn't mean that either everything or nothing you say is relavent.

My personal count has slowed down a lot in the last few months as I have other interests in my life and I'm sorta gettin a bit weary of the same old questions and tend to only step in if needed or asked.... I wrote Jetting 101 for those reasons, I was answering the same questions over and over and over and over again...

SportsterBart
19th October 2006, 10:18
Many accolades, Stevo!

Bart

Vegas1200C
19th October 2006, 12:48
I will kneel down and cry the day I lose my black stars. If I could have black wrenches or screwdrivers or whatever amber ghey tool comes next I would be okay but I want to keep it black. The number means nothing to me.

calsport05
19th October 2006, 14:06
I don't care about the post count. I'm a fairly new rider and can't say I've contributed much as far as helpful information, but have learned alot about my bike from this forum. I don't pay any attention to the post counts from others, but have gotten a feel for how much they know from the content of their posts and how others respond to them.

Ole
19th October 2006, 15:28
FLATTY! Good to see you again man!

...oops...is this a wasted post?...

rider1951
19th October 2006, 15:48
It doesn't really mean much to me except now I have another post to my credit. I do find it handy sometimes when someone makes a statement that seems off the wall or trying to cause some trouble. If the post count is low or the first one it could be a novice or a troll.

avnsteve
19th October 2006, 16:11
Deleting your post count is not handled by mods

so now we're getting somewhere, but of course, I didn't hear that from YOU!:smoke

jwbradbury
19th October 2006, 19:55
Only check once in a while on some of the really bigger threads, to see how many have been responding.

flathead45
19th October 2006, 22:44
checkin in now and then at work

gonna be on line in a few weeks , glad to know ya all ain't forgot me

raysheen
19th October 2006, 23:06

We'll NEVER forget! Long live Flatty!!!! :D Great to hear you'll be back online!

cantolina
20th October 2006, 05:03

Jeepers Creepers....GLAD TO SEE YA!!!!!!!!

Let us know if we can help with ANYTHING!!!!

Cripes, we've missed you BADLY!!!!

PlanB
20th October 2006, 05:13
Flatty! It sure was good to see your avatar the other day! Glad you found your way back...we had pieced you together a workable computer when you first dropped off the planet, so if you're still in need, shout out! :D

dbd_1964
20th October 2006, 05:30
Maybe it is written here somewhere but do the number of post directly relate to the number of priviledges you have? I started a thread the other day, it got moved to a more suitable category according to the PM i got. I tried to get into that category but don't have the juice to view it :doh WTFO?

Sojourner
20th October 2006, 05:39
I think its kind of fun to track from time to time. If someone doesn't like it don't look. Seems pretty fair.

Mr Jimi
20th October 2006, 05:46
Maybe it is written here somewhere but do the number of post directly relate to the number of priviledges you have? I started a thread the other day, it got moved to a more suitable category according to the PM i got. I tried to get into that category but don't have the juice to view it :doh WTFO?

When your a new member, the only restriction is 15 post to add a link to something

Moved On
20th October 2006, 07:33
When your a new member, the only restriction is 15 post to add a link to something :tourAnd that restriction is only there to slow down spammers from making a mess of the place.

Gazza

lagerdrinker
20th October 2006, 08:08
And that restriction is only there to slow down spammers from making a mess of the place.

Gazza

does that mean that i can now add a link to flip up license plate brackets? how about led washer nozzles and those fresh looking underchasis neons everyone loves.

Mr Jimi
20th October 2006, 08:12
does that mean that i can now add a link to flip up license plate brackets? how about led washer nozzles and those fresh looking underchasis neons everyone loves.
At almost 2 AM and you want to add a link, go ahead if you have your 15 post's
:banana

merc
21st October 2006, 21:16
normally not tooop much-but I am about to hit a milestone..
so.............

merc
21st October 2006, 21:46
How come my count only goes up 1 for every 2 responses?
I have posted 4 responses since hitting 2496 and I am onl;y at 2497

merc
21st October 2006, 21:47
Hey still 2497--must only get 1 for each thread you respond to- not how many responses

Clarinetcat
3rd November 2006, 03:24
When I grow up, I want to have as many posts as Jim does.

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/ericsnufkin/th_f_stadtleben.jpg

Please, please Mr. postman...
Post some links for flip-up license plate brackets and glowy neon lights... :wonderlan

jamman
3rd November 2006, 11:56
When I grow up, I want to have as many posts as Jim does.

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/ericsnufkin/th_f_stadtleben.jpg

Please, please Mr. postman...
Post some links for flip-up license plate brackets and glowy neon lights... :wonderlan
you have almost caught up with him , in 5 months

Clarinetcat
3rd November 2006, 14:02
you have almost caught up with him , in 5 months

Oh how true that statement is, in the strange, strange numbered world of jamman!!!

Clarinetcat Posts: 1,315

Lagerdrinker Posts: 4,279

:roflblack

Matt
3rd November 2006, 19:39
I like seeing my stars change color. That 3rd gold took a while. As I approach "tool" status I'm less rabid, 5 black will be cool. At first I thought a black star was a reprimand from Bert. I'm gonna go welcome a few folks! LOL Matt

klown
3rd November 2006, 20:40
Don't matter to me much, heck nothin really matters to me anymore. I'm just a walkin coma. Oops gotta go get my coctail, doctors orders :smoke

Clarinetcat
4th November 2006, 00:39
Don't matter to me much, heck nothin really matters to me anymore. I'm just a walkin coma. Oops gotta go get my coctail, doctors orders :smoke
Ummm... are you even allowed to ride anymore? :dunno

(That was a serious question)

jamman
4th November 2006, 02:06
Oh how true that statement is, in the strange, strange numbered world of jamman!!!

Clarinetcat Posts: 1,315

Lagerdrinker Posts: 4,279

:roflblack
You feelin' okay?

Clarinetcat
4th November 2006, 02:13
You feelin' okay?

Yup.

Are you?

lagerdrinker
4th November 2006, 02:18
Yup.

Are you?

alls well on my end:)

jamman
4th November 2006, 12:22
Yup.

Are you?
touch of the Ky cruds. But, aside from that yeah..

Clarinetcat
4th November 2006, 13:31
touch of the Ky cruds. But, aside from that yeah..
Hmmm... that doesn't sound healthy. :frownthre

Hold on a sec...

Here... take some medicine.

Maybe the middle bottle would be best? :wonderlan

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/Boltsnseau/doggieviagra.jpg

:sofa

lagerdrinker
4th November 2006, 14:02
havin fishstick for breakfast?

FoxsterUK
8th November 2008, 14:22
havin fishstick for breakfast?I had a fishfinger sandwich with ketchup. You?

Fox

Kobo
8th November 2008, 17:36
It's funny that you posted this thread because I actually got to spend a couple hours one time on the forum and I was kind of shocked to see all those people who have thousands of posts had already been on-line but after a left, they stayed on-line. So I am guessing that in order to get thousands of posts in such a short amount of time, you have to either have no life and spend all your hours of the day on here or you are independently wealthy and have nothing better to do.

I'm not knocking this forum because I love it, but I use it more for information and secondly for entertainment --- cause let's face it, there are some really hilarious things posted on here.

stealthammer
8th November 2008, 20:19
Personally I'd like to see posts to Intros excluded from the count and have them not show up on the New Posts page. I use to read every one and post a welcome to each because its nice to greet new members and have them feel welcome. I still read the Intros (by going through the Intro page) but I seldom post a welcome because I've seen times when someone posts to 20 Intros in ten minute, and that drives the New Posts to other threads so far down that I don't see updates to threads that I'm actually following without going through 10-15 pages. Instead I bookmark those individual threads to stay current with new input. No big deal either way, but I would like to post welcomes without creating the extra baggage.