PDA

View Full Version : Motor work in Arizona(Phoenix area)

Sid7
14th January 2009, 08:36
Anyone know where I can find a good shop in the Phoenix area that does motor work big or small?

I have been hearing mixed reviews about Highway choppers. I went there twice with a friend and wasn't impressed with there "I am the best shop ever attitude".
I never had them do work for me. But my buddy had them overhaul a panhead motor and it didn't go too smooth.

kcarter76
17th January 2009, 06:27
There is a shop in mesa called avg joes. John is the owner and only has 1 other tech. he has my 09 1200 sporty at almost 100hp without doing the heads. the website is avgjoeservice.com phone is 480-668-6363 was running a adhra bike a couple seasons ago is very knowledgeable and honest and has really good prices and quick turn around time hope this helps

khaskins
17th January 2009, 07:01
There is a shop in mesa called avg joes. John is the owner and only has 1 other tech. he has my 09 1200 sporty at almost 100hp without doing the heads. the website is avgjoeservice.com phone is 480-668-6363 was running a adhra bike a couple seasons ago is very knowledgeable and honest and has really good prices and quick turn around time hope this helps

I stopped in there couple of years ago when on a trip to Phoenix. Shop was organized, clean and people were friendly. Can't speak for the service, but they were busy and prices seemed fair.