PDA

View Full Version : 07 1200 Sportsters

RoccoI
9th November 2006, 21:01
Lets here it, how do you guys like them?
I like the no hassle of FI.

xena
9th November 2006, 21:29
Check out GOTWA's (http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=41005) thread.

Johnny I
4th December 2006, 21:54
Hey Rocco,

Love the new EFI on the sporty. Starts right up in the cold w/o any problems unlike a carbed sporty.

Gary7
4th December 2006, 22:12
Hey Rocco,

Love the new EFI on the sporty. Starts right up in the cold w/o any problems unlike a carbed sporty.

I agree. No fuss, no muss, and no stumbles. Just start it, put my helmet on, and go. And best of all, no fiddling with a choke.

55Bear
5th December 2006, 19:48
I was already looking at '06 Roadsters and decided to wait for the '07 when I heard they would have FI. Finally picked mine up last Friday afternoon (Waiting since mid-August!).
I must say I am very impressed with it so far. I have managed to put about 150 miles on it this weekend in spite of the cold weather (30s & 40s during the day). Starts right up after only turning over a couple of times, I let it warm up while I put on helmet and gloves, then it is ready to go. The idle does seem a little lumpy (cams?) compared to the old XLCH, but there is no comparison otherwise; this bike is waaayyy more powerful, faster, and smoother than my old "iron head." The handling is much better as well.

Dislikes so far: mirrors are too short (have to look around my forearms), lack of a kick starter, mounting of front turn signals (nit-picking).

I want to get some miles on this bike before I consider Stage 1 mods, but they are on the horizon.

55Bear

Glock Holiday
6th December 2006, 03:31
I don't care for the front turn signals mounted on the handlebars either. What are you going to do? I havn't seen any kits to relocate them to my forks yet have you 55Bear? Any links would be a help.

rharrison356
6th December 2006, 06:44
Lets here it, how do you guys like them?
I like the no hassle of FI.
I have the XL-50, and love it. You can check out my longer post of "first impressions" and follow-up by doing a search. Short story--factory exhuast is too quite and "un-harley" like; seats are awful--they feel like a leather covered brick after an hour or two, EFI is great--no enricher (choke) to play with and runs great throughout the power-band, the bike is FAST (see previous post), rear shocks are set too soft...adjust them to 3 or higher, fuel milage is NOT what Harley claims, the fuel light comes on after using 2 gallons (nive), mixed feelings about the Harley security system.

I have removed the factory baffles, installed a Lindby Multibar (engine guard/foot rest), Memphis shade windscreen and fork-bag. Coming soon--SE or S&S Air Cleaner, SE Race fueler (have it, just need to install) and a Mustang seat, saddle-bags and rack. Will also consider drag-pipes for their looks and putting a bit more chrome on.

55Bear
6th December 2006, 14:54
Glock Holiday, not sure what I'm going to do about the front turn signals yet. I'm looking for ideas as well. I have seen some aftermarket units mounted to the fork tubes just above the lower triple clamp, but I'm not sure that is the way I want to go.

rharrison356, So far I have only refueled one time, and like yours, mine held 2 gallons. I intend to use the trip odometer "A" to keep track of how far I've been on a tank, just like I've done on previous bikes. The thought of no reserve does give one pause....
I've seen pictures of the Lindby multibar... how do you like yours?

Moved On / My Own Choice
6th December 2006, 15:23
Just to be my usual voice of dissent. I like turn signals that are mounted further out away from the headlight. At night they help give the bike a wider profile to oncoming traffic.

PLUS there is less of a danger that the halo formed by the headlight block out the signal from the view of oncoming traffic.

That said, I do have fork mounted signals on the Guzzi, but I wouldn't change the bar mounted signals off our sporty without good reason.

Kev

Glock Holiday
7th December 2006, 01:07
I've also checked out the turn signals built into mirrors.I'll just keep looking.

Matt
7th December 2006, 19:19
Bar end signals like the old /2 BMWs had would be cool, visible from rear also. Matt

RoccoI
8th December 2006, 21:38
Hey Rocco,

Johnny, where are those pics you promised???

Rocco