PDA

View Full Version : What's your Valentine's Day present for your better half?

Quebeker
2nd February 2009, 16:59
I know, Valentine's Day is only a conspiracy to sell chocolates and diamonds and we men shouldn't give in and blah, blah, blah.

But I still like to get my wife a little something not as much as to get lucky as to avoid getting in the doghouse.

This year, I took the 1st picture ever taken of us (about 11 years ago now), modified it with PhotoBucket and ordered a poster of it.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/quebeker/LucetMelinda_3a.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/quebeker/LucetMelinda_3a-1.jpg

Hopefully it will come out nice and she likes it.

Moved On / My Own Choice
2nd February 2009, 17:10
We don't do hallmark holidays.

But I might use the excuse to take Jenn and Kelli out to diner...

ScreamingEag1e
2nd February 2009, 17:12
Each year we bet on the Super Bowl. The loser has to plan V-Day. She loses almost every year, and I always let her pick a team first. Anyway, i think she is planning a couples massage at the local spa, a meal at an upscale restaurant, and a Predator's Hockey game this year.

daggar rider
2nd February 2009, 17:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgXvR97Wk6g

i think this will sufice :D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

83XLX
2nd February 2009, 17:49
I'll be taking her out to dinner at her favorite seafood restaurant.

Gone
2nd February 2009, 18:37
nothing... not a damn thing... same with our anniversary.

thumper40063
2nd February 2009, 18:49
stay home shave my head while i chew on tin foil.

:smoke

darett
2nd February 2009, 18:52
:laugh I'm taking her to the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show

Brad
2nd February 2009, 19:35
Assuming I actually meet her before now and 2/14, it will probably be something not to costly...:laugh:D:wonderlan

jharback
2nd February 2009, 20:13
We don't do hallmark holidays.

But I might use the excuse to take Jenn and Kelli out to diner...

We don't either. Nothing but, Big Business ripping off the little guy.

Rascal
2nd February 2009, 21:17
This year, I took the 1st picture ever taken of us (about 11 years ago now), modified it with PhotoBucket and ordered a poster of it.

If this idea is sincere, great! I'll bet you're hoping to get laid..."I'm just sayin'.....

Nice idea actually, I think she'll like it.

Quebeker
2nd February 2009, 21:21
If this idea is sincere, great! I'll bet you're hoping to get laid..."I'm just sayin'.....

Nice idea actually, I think she'll like it.

I'm a guy, of course I'm hoping to get laid, that's what we hope every day.:doh:laugh

Rascal
2nd February 2009, 21:31
I'm a guy, of course I'm hoping to get laid, that's what we hope every day.:doh:laugh

Even if you don't, may it make you feel better to know that Rascal gave you REP for your attempts. :smoke

Moved On / My Own Choice
3rd February 2009, 16:06
Even if you don't, may it make you feel better to know that Rascal gave you REP for your attempts. :smoke

Yeah, think about it Queb, so even if you don't get laid for it, you can now think of Rascal while pleasuring yourself...

:sofa

Streak70
3rd February 2009, 20:24
... of how it turns out just 'cause you thought of and did something for her.

Falls on Saturday this year, right? Not sure what we'll do but at least it's easier for me now that she works almost 200 miles away, and is home only Friday through Monday only. What I will do is have a dozen of her favorite roses delivered to her office. I suppose there really are women who consider something that wilts and dies as wasteful - but I wouldn't bet on it. :frownthre That's womanspeak for "I would die for someone who sent me some."

I know, Valentine's Day is only a conspiracy to sell chocolates and diamonds and we men shouldn't give in and blah, blah, blah.

ahernandez23
3rd February 2009, 20:30
I got a suggestion a Snuggie.

shotgun46
3rd February 2009, 20:40

It's sad that we have to hope like that every day ! :doh

racerwill
3rd February 2009, 20:57
.. What I will do is have a dozen of her favorite roses delivered to her office. I suppose there really are women who consider something that wilts and dies as wasteful - but I wouldn't bet on it. :frownthre That's womanspeak for "I would die for someone who sent me some."

this is such a good move..... when ya send it to her at work, her friends and co workers get to see how romantic you are......now, get rid of the kids and when she gets home be just getting out of the shower "oh hi honey, I wasn't expecting you for another half an hour, wanna go out for dinner?"

that should result in a before dinner appetizer and an after dinner dessert

I'm just sayin'

Ww

flipcrab85
3rd February 2009, 20:57
either goin to a 3 doors down, seether and hoobastank....or montly crue, hinder, theory of a deadman concert.....still undecided...

Streak70
3rd February 2009, 21:15
That's exactly why they're sent to work. It would be a lot cheaper to just pick them and bring them home (if she was there). She works in a big office now, by the time those flowers clear security and are carted up to her floor, into her section, and finally to her office there will be a train of curious onlookers. Delivery in front of a crowd is worth 10X. Sometimes the net net is a savings, too, 'cause that appetizer, if played out long enough results in her suggesting we "just fix some drinks and chill, we'll go out another evening". Have to see how it plays out this year as I won't see her until the day after.
......regardless, I have heard comments from the coworkers who didn't get anything - and I don't wanna' be in their guy's shoes.

this is such a good move..... when ya send it to her at work, her friends and co workers get to see how romantic you are......now, get rid of the kids and when she gets home be just getting out of the shower "oh hi honey, I wasn't expecting you for another half an hour, wanna go out for dinner?"

that should result in a before dinner appetizer and an after dinner dessert

I'm just sayin'

Ww

Phillthy
4th February 2009, 11:27
Evey day should be a kind of VD day. Always treat Her special, I still open the car door for her to this day and it's nearly 27 years!

racerwill
4th February 2009, 19:17
Evey day should be a kind of VD day. Always treat Her special, I still open the car door for her to this day and it's nearly 27 years!

one should always treat his lady like a lady with all the love and respect ......women tend to like all that romantic stuff...

me, I'm just a regular guy....http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?p=1712069#post1712069

Ww

willypscustoms
4th February 2009, 22:30
divorce papers.

Streak70
4th February 2009, 22:52
Holy shit dude, this is gonna' be a day to remember!

Best of luck - doesn't sound like this is going to be one of those "amicable" splits.

divorce papers.

DIESEL
4th February 2009, 23:13
I am fixing her bike from the accident, won't be done but damn close. Then I am going to pocket all the money I saved doing it myself. I will use it to go on vacation or something with her, unless of course, I have to pay more F$%cking insurance deductables.

Likemlouder
5th February 2009, 00:30
a dozen roses and a new stove. the gift that keeps on giving. her request the stove. i always give her flowers. and candy she loves the box i love the contents:smoke

ParrotHead
5th February 2009, 00:39
All the sex she can take for 5 minutes or until I fall asleep, whichever comes first? :smoke

milesfromtexas
5th February 2009, 00:43
My son is due on Valentine's Day (although he might come earlier) so that's our present!

And of course we're really excited since this will be our first.

willypscustoms
6th February 2009, 01:20
Holy shit dude, this is gonna' be a day to remember!

Best of luck - doesn't sound like this is going to be one of those "amicable" splits.

im just joking im taking her on vacation to san fran and she is also getting a new ring. i said divorce papers cause she dropped my bike that day. lol

scottgearman
6th February 2009, 01:34
divorce papers.

+1

Hoping to get a separation agreement in place in the next few days.

scars and tattoos are permanent, Love and marriage fit into that OTHER category

Danny3nose
6th February 2009, 01:58
Well, she got us an appointment for a couples' massage to go to in the afternoon, and after that I'm taking her to a bed and breakfast. And I'm off on the following Monday too, so I'll catch up on the honey-do list.

Streak70
6th February 2009, 15:04
Oh, that's cool, best to show her early on how serious something like dropping your bike is. Fewer surprises later on.

i said divorce papers cause she dropped my bike that day. lol

TazzinTroll
6th February 2009, 15:24
A Dildo if she don't like she can go !!!! her self

racerwill
6th February 2009, 15:45
a dozen roses and a new stove. the gift that keeps on giving. her request the stove. i always give her flowers. and candy she loves the box i love the contents:smoke

no matter what she says, don't get her a stove as a Valentines present..... just get the stove anyway but not as a VD gift......it's a trap

http://bewareofthedoghouse.com/videoPage.aspx

Ww