PDA

View Full Version : TEXAS Sporty Get Together

txsporty
22nd November 2006, 05:20
OK, TEXANS!!!!

Let's ALL get together and Have a Forum Sporty get together!!!

Started this at http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?p=558146&posted=1#post558146

Open for dates and Place!!!!

LET'S Make this Happen!!!!

Snuffy
22nd November 2006, 05:42
I'll keep watch on this and if at all possible I'll try to make it even if I have to fly out and rent a scooter.

gronk62
22nd November 2006, 05:42
Hey Mike.

If ya can organise your "Texas" get together down here in Victoria, Australia I reckon I might come :tour

txsporty
22nd November 2006, 05:50
Hey Mike.

If ya can organise your "Texas" get together down here in Victoria, Australia I reckon I might come :tour

I wish I could!!!!:D

I LOVE to ride down under with you!!!:D

:dpepper :dpepper :dpepper :dpepper

txsporty
22nd November 2006, 05:52
I'll keep watch on this and if at all possible I'll try to make it even if I have to fly out and rent a scooter.

I'll keep you Posted Mike!!!:D

torxster
22nd November 2006, 06:06
OK, TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's ALL get together and Have a Forum Sporty get together!!!

Started this at http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?p=558146&posted=1#post558146

Open for dates and Place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S Make this Happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someplace kinda central, to help keep the distance down a little for those living in the "outskirts", fun to get to, and has really good BBQ!

But, don't ask me. Hell, I don't know. I'll be there if I can, though.
:D

torxster
22nd November 2006, 06:10
Hey Mike.

We've got enough members, maybe we can pass the hat and come up with enough to fly Gronk in to be our MC! 5 or 10 bucks apiece ought to do it. GET READY, PHIL - YOUR COMIN' TO TEXAS!!! WOO HOO!! :wonderlan

(how much IS a plane ticket from Australia, anyway?)

txsporty
22nd November 2006, 06:12
Someplace kinda central, to help keep the distance down a little for those living in the "outskirts", fun to get to, and has really good BBQ!

But, don't ask me. Hell, I don't know. I'll be there if I can, though.

Rudy,

I'm thinking north Austin, maybe even Waco!!!

I'd like to get as many Sporty's in one place as Possible!!!!:D

Let's hear some input, people!!!!!;)

:dpepper :dpepper :dpepper :dpepper :dpepper

gronk62
22nd November 2006, 06:13
(how much IS a plane ticket from Australia, anyway?)

Eleventy twelve thousand dollars :laugh

Everything in Australia is expensive....even Kangaroo steaks and pickled koala :wonderlan

torxster
22nd November 2006, 06:22
....even Kangaroo steaks and pickled koala :wonderlan

Ah, you Aussies and your delicacies. Mick Dundee was fond of Iguana, wasn't he?

Oh well, some folks like sushi around here, and I don't think that's too inexpensive, either. Of course, you can get it cheaper down by the lake at the bait shop.:laugh

karlkcfi
22nd November 2006, 06:24
Waco would not be bad....maybe you might consider San Angelo or Abilene....
Waco has some cool stuff to visit, such as the Ranger museum, Dr. Pepper Museum and some great steak houses on the Brazos River.... there is also a nice ride out west past the airport and China springs... it has some twistys and great scenery.. Maybe we can get George "W" to join us if he is in Crawford?

bmcdonau
22nd November 2006, 15:43
How about this? Pick a date, get confirmed RSVPs from those who can/want to attend. Plot the locations on a map of everyone who will attend and pick the closet city to the geographic center of the plot. Might want to wait until after Christmas to do it though. My calendar is pretty booked for the next month or so and I'm pretty sure that's SOP this time of year.

whispanic
22nd November 2006, 15:49
Waco sounds nice...

San Angelo is cool too...

I'm down.

txsporty
23rd November 2006, 02:26
How about this? Pick a date, get confirmed RSVPs from those who can/want to attend. Plot the locations on a map of everyone who will attend and pick the closet city to the geographic center of the plot. Might want to wait until after Christmas to do it though. My calendar is pretty booked for the next month or so and I'm pretty sure that's SOP this time of year.

I'm thinking of getting this together way after Christmas!!! Need to Start now and get everyone thinking and marking their Calenders!!!:D

Let start a roll call???

XL Custom 1200
23rd November 2006, 02:35
Im in for a get together....Im here in Houston. Lets get it put together !! Sweet !!

zworld
23rd November 2006, 02:38
Jesus, I get tired of these damn texans, they think they are the shit. Who are they to organize anything? Kansas is #1 and they know it. What a bunch of losers! Cowboys not, Kansans are the ultimate #1 riders. who doubts me?

txsporty
23rd November 2006, 02:44
Jesus, I get tired of these damn texans, they think they are the shit. Who are they to organize anything? Kansas is #1 and they know it. What a bunch of losers! Cowboys not, Kansans are the ultimate #1 riders. who doubts me?

Be nice when you come into the TEXAS Forum!!!!!:D

Don't come here and talk Smack!!!

txsporty
23rd November 2006, 02:46
Im in for a get together....Im here in Houston. Lets get it put together !! Sweet !!

We'll get it done!!!:D

XL Custom 1200 Have you signed in on the TEXAS Head count thread yet??? http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2583

XEOD
23rd November 2006, 02:49
This is simple. Koyote Ranch in Medina, TX. The PGR held their Texas get together there and I stayed there a couple of weeks ago and it's a very nice setting, and caters to motorcycles and RVs. When is another problem all together. I suggest this weekend...lol. Seriously, May might be best.

zworld
23rd November 2006, 02:50
Just messin with ya. I would come to texas for some BIG fun!

txsporty
23rd November 2006, 02:54
Just messin with ya. I would come to texas for some BIG fun!

OK!!!;)

If you came to TEXAS you would have Some Big Fun!!!!:D

:dpepper :dpepper :dpepper :dpepper :dpepper

txsporty
23rd November 2006, 02:55
This is simple. Koyote Ranch in Medina, TX. The PGR held their Texas get together there and I stayed there a couple of weeks ago and it's a very nice setting, and caters to motorcycles and RVs. When is another problem all together. I suggest this weekend...lol. Seriously, May might be best.

That may be a good option!!!! :D

But I think this weekend is out!!!;)

XL Custom 1200
23rd November 2006, 03:40
We'll get it done!!!:D

XL Custom 1200 Have you signed in on the TEXAS Head count thread yet??? http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2583

Yep, a long time ago :)

XL Custom 1200
23rd November 2006, 03:45

Thats great country up there....thats twisted sister country 335, 336, 337.
Dang nice roads up there !! My sportster loves those roads.

txsporty
23rd November 2006, 03:45
Yep, a long time ago :)

Ok, thought your name looked familiar!!!:D

Did you make the Victoria run we did earlier in the year??

el mesteno
23rd November 2006, 04:14
i'm up for it and May sounds pretty good, not too hot and should be great riding weather too! where ever works for me but looking at the state map
brady, lampasas, fredrickburg triangle is as central in texas as you get!
looking foward to the get together! woohoo!

el

whispanic
23rd November 2006, 04:20
PGR will be at Koyote Ranch at the end of march...27th I think.

Gone
23rd November 2006, 04:35
I'd like to toss my hat in the ring for the ride! May sounds fine; any day to ride is fine with me, though. And I'm willing to chip in for Gronk, modifier of mufflers!

Regards,
Curt

tonyhds
23rd November 2006, 06:56

Ok, you are out. No one really invited you. .
This is Texas..... Don't Mess With Texas !

Just Kiddin, You're welome..... long as you don't screw up.

txsporty
23rd November 2006, 14:42
i'm up for it and May sounds pretty good, not too hot and should be great riding weather too! where ever works for me but looking at the state map
brady, lampasas, fredrickburg triangle is as central in texas as you get!
looking foward to the get together! woohoo!

el

I'll do some looking in that area and see what I can come up with!!:D

poboy_27
23rd November 2006, 14:58
I'm for the brady,lampasas, and fredricksburg triangle, too. Beautiful country.:tour

torxster
23rd November 2006, 15:05
I'll do some looking in that area and see what I can come up with!!:D

When you get ready to go looking, let me know and I'll tag along.

txsporty
23rd November 2006, 15:07
When you get ready to go looking, let me know and I'll tag along.

Ok, will do!!!!:D

bmcdonau
23rd November 2006, 16:46
Ok, you are out. No one really invited you. .
This is Texas..... Don't Mess With Texas !

Just Kiddin, You're welome..... long as you don't screw up.

Kansas? Do they even have a road up there with a curve in it? I drove through Kansas, north to south, on my return from Yellowstone last summer and I don't think I've seen anyplace with flatter, straighter roads. Maybe we ought to take a vote before we let "outsiders" in !:laugh

whispanic
23rd November 2006, 17:35
3 Sisters were built for Sportys...

I rode them all and they loved it!

Adios

rx3732
9th December 2006, 15:22
Count me in. I'm in Dallas. I havent ridden in the Hill Country yet so that sounds cool...but anywhere sounds good to me.

Bigmatt
9th December 2006, 16:24
Definetly count me in. Anytime and anywhere sounds good to me. :tour

Stingray
10th December 2006, 20:11
I'll Join. Let me know when and where. I can meet up with anyone else leaving form Houston.

nharp

Snuffy
10th December 2006, 23:36
I'll be watching this post, if it happens in May my job will be done, so there will be a strong possiblity of me being there for a ride.

biknut
11th December 2006, 00:11
I vote for Del Rio. Ciadad Acuna is cool and the Desporado Bar is there.

YO MUDA
11th December 2006, 02:37
Ya'll mind if a couple of okies show up. We dig road trips.

prplhays
11th December 2006, 03:46
Count me in. Anytime April through June sounds good.

XLFREAK
11th December 2006, 05:02
Count me in for some time in the New Year, I'm in Lewisville, (north of Dallas).

rcraig45617
11th December 2006, 05:35
I'm definitely in! Certainly I'm not the only one from SA who's up for this. Where are you BMC!!!!

jalldredge
11th December 2006, 18:49
Count me in, let me know when! Jim

bmcdonau
12th December 2006, 23:27
I'm in just let me know when.

Ray, how about a little ride this Saturday, weather's looking good so far.

avnsteve
12th December 2006, 23:36
this weekend may be a good time for a recon ride. Mike, (txsporty) have you made any progress on where we'll ride whenever it happens? I'm wide open to any route. Count me in, and I'll keep an eye on this thread.

KC_Sporty_Gal
13th December 2006, 00:26
Damn, If I wasn't using all my vacation time for Alaska I would ride down. I will be at the KC Sportster Rally at the end of August though.
Speaking of which... we have TX people comming up to KC for the rally... Aug 24-27... so you might not want to pick the same dates.

tonyhds
13th December 2006, 00:40
Depending on the dates, I'll most likely be in.

I'm sure it won't be Aug. 24-27
August is the worst month of the year for longer rides in Texas.

raymond
6th January 2007, 22:42
Count me in!!!! Sounds Great. I like Biknut's idea of Del Rio and Ciudad Acuna but anywhere will work. Ride safe.

wrokhead
6th January 2007, 23:51
As soon as I get my tank and get it on I'll join ya!

wrokhead

YO MUDA
7th January 2007, 23:33
We're ready to meet up with you guys in Texas. Just give us a heads up where and when. We,re always readt for a road trip.
Muda

whispanic
8th January 2007, 02:16
Acuna?

Mexico has a real bad habit of stealing white folks.

Id rather cruise the beautiful roadways of the good ol USA.

Im down either way.

Smorphine
8th January 2007, 06:32
Im in. San Antonio, Texas...

Streak70
10th January 2007, 00:05
Yeah, it ain't the fun place like it was back when I was in high school. I'll stay on this side of the border and watch the bikes.

Acuna?

Im down either way.

southern goddess
10th January 2007, 16:15
Boerne, TX here!
I drink my beer at Paradise, Kennedy's (great new little biker bar between Ford & Ancira) and of course.....Luckenbach!

Bill2
10th January 2007, 16:46
One of these days i gotta make it to the hill country and ride, BTW welcome southern goddess! Yeah luckenbach waylan, willie and the boys.

southern goddess
10th January 2007, 16:58
We're at Luckenbach every nice Sunday!
Favorite Pink Floyd tune? Learning To Fly & Terminal Frost!
Hope to see you up here soon!

DEANER
10th January 2007, 17:13
I'll Join. Let me know when and where. I can meet up with anyone else leaving form Houston.

nharp

You can count me in,:smoke I'll go!

Anywhere in the hill country would be killer!!

I'm in the Woodlands, just north of Houston, maybe we can get a contingency from here to
cruz out together!:tour :tour

wrokhead
11th January 2007, 00:46
Hey guys,

I live in Manor which is just outside of Austin on HWY 290, there is a nice tavern here, The Oaks, that is frindly to riders. If you want I can see if they will open up some saturday morning and serve us. Would be a great meeting place.

theoakslive.com

Wrokhead

southern goddess
11th January 2007, 05:09
Hey wrokhead! I've just heard of The Oaks from some of our friends in Austin that we meet on Sundays at Luckanbach, we plan on riding up that way soon to check it out. Heard they're some nice folks there.
Sounds good to me! See ya there!

kodekitten
11th January 2007, 05:28
Acuna?

Im down either way.

Yeah, it ain't the fun place like it was back when I was in high school. I'll stay on this side of the border and watch the bikes.

Guys, stop spreading fear and rumors. Generalizing an ENTIRE country like that is ridiculous, and if you don't do anything stupid you'll be JUST fine in Mexico. It's a fantastic country with some amazing sights, and some of the most amazing motorcycle roads. :)

DaleG
11th January 2007, 05:36
Kansas? Do they even have a road up there with a curve in it? I drove through Kansas, north to south, on my return from Yellowstone last summer and I don't think I've seen anyplace with flatter, straighter roads. Maybe we ought to take a vote before we let "outsiders" in !:laugh

Then you have never crossed Nebraska!:tour

Snuffy
11th January 2007, 13:24

You forgot to mention South Dakota and North Dakota.

avnsteve
11th January 2007, 13:46
OK fellas, we haven't heard from Mike on this topic for a while, I don't know if I can wait until March again. So at the risk of hijacking Mike's thread, I'd like to put together a ride SOON. Myself, I prefer the west hill country (Boerne, Bandera, Medina Kerrvile) and so forth. Particularly there are some really neat "kiss my ass" twistys" on SH16 North of Medina. But regardless of the route, I would like to see who will ride on 27 January Weather permitting. So, here is the first baseline to get this thing started, I'd prefer to call it a reconnaissance ride. There will be no shortage of places to eat and such. I've heard many of you mention some places I'd like to visit so, lets get a route hammered out here and try to see if it works on Jan 27 if the weather will let us!

DEANER
11th January 2007, 14:45
Hey Steve,

That sounds good to me. My bud (rides a xl1200c) and I will be commin' from the Woodlands north of Houston,
What time did you want to meet up to get started?
The Bandera area is about 4.5 hrs for us just to get there (no problem ridin' just need to time things out)

Maybe we could meet up in Austin or something and make a loop out and come back.

Is the plan to do an overnighter i.e. camp somewhere and come back on sunday or just a kick a$$ ride day?:smoke

Let me know man, barring any unseen hidden hazards....I'M IN!:tour

bmcdonau
11th January 2007, 14:50

I lived in Omaha for four years courtsey of the USAF. It's hilly and curvy along the Missouri River.

bmcdonau
11th January 2007, 14:51
OK fellas, we haven't heard from Mike on this topic for a while, I don't know if I can wait until March again. So at the risk of hijacking Mike's thread, I'd like to put together a ride SOON. Myself, I prefer the west hill country (Boerne, Bandera, Medina Kerrvile) and so forth. Particularly there are some really neat "kiss my ass" twistys" on SH16 North of Medina. But regardless of the route, I would like to see who will ride on 27 January Weather permitting. So, here is the first baseline to get this thing started, I'd prefer to call it a reconnaissance ride. There will be no shortage of places to eat and such. I've heard many of you mention some places I'd like to visit so, lets get a route hammered out here and try to see if it works on Jan 27 if the weather will let us!

If you are going to go into that area you have to do the "three twisted sisters", FM335, 336 and 337 which all meet in Leakey.

bmcdonau
11th January 2007, 14:53
Guys, stop spreading fear and rumors. Generalizing an ENTIRE country like that is ridiculous, and if you don't do anything stupid you'll be JUST fine in Mexico. It's a fantastic country with some amazing sights, and some of the most amazing motorcycle roads. :)

Any side trip into Mexico is going to involve extra insurance for most of us as my policy specifically mentions it is not valid in Mexico. I think a lot of them issued in Texas are null and void across the border.

bmcdonau
11th January 2007, 14:55
Count me in!!!! Sounds Great. I like Biknut's idea of Del Rio and Ciudad Acuna but anywhere will work. Ride safe.

I think you are going to need a passport to get into Mexico or Canada after Jan 1. Anybody else hear that?

kodekitten
11th January 2007, 15:19
Any side trip into Mexico is going to involve extra insurance for most of us as my policy specifically mentions it is not valid in Mexico. I think a lot of them issued in Texas are null and void across the border.

I think you are going to need a passport to get into Mexico or Canada after Jan 1. Anybody else hear that?

It's January 1, 2008.

You're right about the insurance -- I was just responding to the fairy tales about people disappearing. Maintining yourself willfully ignorant about a country's culture because you heard from your brother's cousin's barber's grandson that it might be dangerous drives me up a wall. It's these antiquated "pieces of advice" that have been floating around the US for the past FIFTY years, like "Don't drink the water!" The tourists that come here during the winter say all kinds of bullshit like that. Mexico is no more dangerous than Camden or Houston or any other major US city.

- end personal rant. I've got a chip on my shoulder about this one.

whispanic
11th January 2007, 16:27

Im not making a generalization...

Im speaking the truth. David Mueller got picked up a couple of months ago and he goes to Mexico all the time.

My Boss goes to Mexico all the time, but he doesnt go anywhere but Acuna now because he was warned to stay away from Piedras Negras and Nuevo Laredo. He has been going there for 40years!

The state department has issued warning to avoid Mexico and if you go to not be there by sundown. Thems facts.

Last count I had was around 30+ people missing in the last 6-8 months. Of them I know at least 2 were killed.

Mexico is a beautiful place run by a third world Oligarchy who has driven its people into despair.

I have been to Acuna plenty of times and the very first time it required I pull a blade and defend from a couple of muggers.

I speak what I know and I know it is not safe for Americans along the border.

Crime in Mexico continues at high levels, and it is often violent, especially in Mexico City, Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez, Nuevo Laredo, Acapulco, and the state of Sinaloa State Department

Acuna is OK, but why risk it?

Im not worried about getting kidnapped in Acuna cause I look the part, but your scooters are at serious risk.

Im just lookin out for my folks here...

Adios

avnsteve
11th January 2007, 17:22
good call whispanic, facts are what we like to see.

...so back to the ride:

I have one suggestion to ride the sisters, I like the idea, any takers??

here's a proposed route:

all groups meet in Kerville at 10am?

take SH16 from Kerville to near Medina (there are some really REALLY cool twisties right there I'd love to share with you, grab 337 west thru Vanderpool and Leakey to Camp Wood, take SH335 North to SH41 east to SH336 south to complete the loop at Leakey take SH337 back west and call it a day. I'd like some help on rest stops and fuel and food along the way. By my estimate it's a pretty ambitious route for bikes that typically can only go 130-150 miles between fuel stops. Can we get a trail truck with fuel? anybody got a REALLY cool spouse willing to follow us? We could each chip in for gas to be carried in the trail truck. If not, we'll have to shorten the trip. what I've calculated for mileage so far is:

miles(est. time)
Kerrville/Medina 24 (:47)
Medina/Leakey 37 (1:08)
Leakey/SH41 approx 40
SH41/SH335 approx 20
SH335/Camp Wood approx 40
Camp Wood/Leakey 22 (:39)

that's an estimated 183 miles for the "ride" alone. Everyone would need to be DAMNED sure they topped off at Kerrville. Like I said, it's an ambitious route and might be too long for many of our East TX brethren, but it'd damn sure be a good ride. I wouldn't need to camp anywhere but if you ETexans want to look into a place, I'd surely love for you guys to come too.

Give me some feed back.

whispanic
11th January 2007, 17:31
The sisters are worth riding...

Im down if i am free.

I split a tire after 15,800 miles so im down till the new tires are in.

Maybe a week.

Letmeknow

DEANER
11th January 2007, 18:15

bump
Anyone else?

HuggyBear
11th January 2007, 18:23
I too am working on a tire issue that I really hope is resolved by then...but if the planets align and I get tread on the ground then I'm there too!

Snuffy
11th January 2007, 19:25

...so back to the ride:

here's a proposed route:

take SH16 from Kerville to near Medina (there are some really REALLY cool twisties right there I'd love to share with you, grab 337 west thru Vanderpool and Leakey to Camp Wood, take SH335 North to SH41 east to SH336 south to complete the loop at Leakey take SH337 back west and call it a day. I'd like some help on rest stops and fuel and food along the way. By my estimate it's a pretty ambitious route for bikes that typically can only go 130-150 miles between fuel stops. Can we get a trail truck with fuel? anybody got a REALLY cool spouse willing to follow us? We could each chip in for gas to be carried in the trail truck. If not, we'll have to shorten the trip. what I've calculated for mileage so far is:

miles(est. time)
Leakey/SH41 approx 40
SH41/SH335 approx 20

that's an estimated 183 miles for the "ride" alone. Everyone would need to be DAMNED sure they topped off at Kerrville. Like I said, it's an ambitious route and might be too long for many of our East TX brethren, but it'd damn sure be a good ride. I wouldn't need to camp anywhere but if you ETexans want to look into a place, I'd surely love for you guys to come too.

Give me some feed back.

Don't forget the Motorcycle museum in Vanderpool

dracolich
11th January 2007, 19:55
I speak what I know and I know it is not safe for Americans along the border.

Well if your going to Nuevo Laredo for a vacation yeah, cartels are having a drug war in that area. Hell I avoid Laredo on the US side as much as possible when heading for Big Bend.

So if its not safe for Americans along the border I guess I should be dead considering the border is a couple hundred yards from where im sitting (http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=25.894592,-97.487783&spn=0.022701,0.04652&om=1) and my bike is parked closer? Mexico is safe to travel in, just know where to go. You dont go to Nuevo Laredo for a good time just like you dont go to Camden NJ without a gun.

Have fun and hit the interior of the country.

(and this is coming from a poor white boy who grew up in NJ)

whispanic
11th January 2007, 21:14

Agreed.

Adios

kodekitten
11th January 2007, 21:27
Well if your going to Nuevo Laredo for a vacation yeah, cartels are having a drug war in that area. Hell I avoid Laredo on the US side as much as possible when heading for Big Bend.

So if its not safe for Americans along the border I guess I should be dead considering the border is a couple hundred yards from where im sitting (http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=25.894592,-97.487783&spn=0.022701,0.04652&om=1) and my bike is parked closer? Mexico is safe to travel in, just know where to go. You dont go to Nuevo Laredo for a good time just like you dont go to Camden NJ without a gun.

(and this is coming from a poor white boy who grew up in NJ)

There you go.

I cross the Mexican border almost every single day, either by car, or walking, or on the bike. I've traveled throughout, and it all comes down to being a smart traveler. Not knowing exactly where you are headed and looking lost is asking for trouble. Letting your guard down is asking for trouble. Being out late at night in an unfamiliar town in a foreign country without a guide or local or just by yourself is always a bad idea.

So many times, abduction/murder stories involving Americans start with them doing something STUPID.

But, anyhow, that's water under the bridge. We all seem to be on the same page.

avnsteve
11th January 2007, 22:01
however, you all digress, this thread is bout coordinating a RIDE. Take your mexico pro/con discussion over to the P&R dammit!

:sofa

just kidding but really are codekitten, are you in on the ride?

torxster
12th January 2007, 01:08
Hey Steve - me and Snuffy will meet you at the Exxon in Johnson City at 10:00

oh, wait - is that AM or PM.

Oops - wrong thread!

:p :laugh

:hidechai

avnsteve
12th January 2007, 02:33
Hey Steve - me and Snuffy will meet you at the Exxon in Johnson City at 10:00
oh, wait - is that AM or PM.
Oops - wrong thread!
:p :laugh
:hidechai

yes, yes, mf'er, I get the joke, ha! yolk's on me huh?
really, sorry for missing you guys on that ride, I truly am. you gonna try to make this one?

dsonoma
12th January 2007, 02:38
Wow. Sounds good to me. Anywhere in Central Texas and May sounds good as well. Hopefully closer to early or mid-May. Typically, kids start graduating in late May, so more people might miss out. Including myself. I'll be checking out this post often. :)

txsporty
12th January 2007, 02:52
Hey Steve!!!

You know I'm IN!!!!!!!:D

Jan. 27???

I'll mark it on my Calender!!!!!

:sporty:

Gone
12th January 2007, 03:03
How about in San Antonio during the weekend of 23-25 March to coincide with the South Texas Motorcycle Show? Link: txbikeshow.com/sanantonio/2007/index2.htm

bmcdonau
12th January 2007, 03:20
That route is centered on Leakey which has a couple gas stations and a restaurant or two. There is a biker "hangout", for lack of a better word, at the intersection of FM337 and US 83. No food, but plenty of parking within walking distance of a full service restaurant (that serves beer). I was through there last weekend and a lot of the local establishments were closed, I guess because its between deer hunting season and biker season.

torxster
12th January 2007, 04:31
you gonna try to make this one?

Yeh, I think so! Sounds good, throw my name in the hat, too.

XL Custom 1200
12th January 2007, 04:53
You can count me in,:smoke I'll go!

Anywhere in the hill country would be killer!!

I'm in the Woodlands, just north of Houston, maybe we can get a contingency from here to
cruz out together!:tour :tour

Im in, lets get a houston group together to meet everybody else!!

Rob

Snuffy
12th January 2007, 05:22
yes, yes, mf'er, I get the joke, ha! yolk's on me huh?
really, sorry for missing you guys on that ride, I truly am. you gonna try to make this one?

I'm hoping to fly out and rent a scooter, but it will all depend on the timing, I'll probably rent a girl's bike as they rent cheaper:banadanc :banadanc :banana :banana

avnsteve
12th January 2007, 16:27
Im in, lets get a houston group together to meet everybody else!!

Rob

OK Rob, I nominate you to coordinate the houston faction to get everybody to the hill country by 10am.

avnsteve
12th January 2007, 16:30
That route is centered on Leakey which has a couple gas stations and a restaurant or two. There is a biker "hangout", for lack of a better word, at the intersection of FM337 and US 83. No food, but plenty of parking within walking distance of a full service restaurant (that serves beer). I was through there last weekend and a lot of the local establishments were closed, I guess because its between deer hunting season and biker season.

Alright Dennis, we'll count on you to guide us in to the food and fuel, since you've been there before. I'd also defer to you to be the lead dog on the ride once all the cities meet up at Kerrville, if you want. So, I guess there would be no need for a trail truck then?

avnsteve
12th January 2007, 16:30
I'm hoping to fly out and rent a scooter, but it will all depend on the timing, I'll probably rent a girl's bike as they rent cheaper:banadanc :banadanc :banana :banana

I'm looking forward to seeing you again Snuffy

avnsteve
12th January 2007, 16:31
Hey Steve!!!
You know I'm IN!!!!!!!:D
Jan. 27???
I'll mark it on my Calender!!!!!
:sporty:

Hey Mike! I was beginning to wonder if your coworkers hadn't strung your ass up on a crane and left you there to improve your attitude!

avnsteve
12th January 2007, 20:38
this thread needs a bump on this busy forum

bmcdonau
12th January 2007, 21:10
Alright Dennis, we'll count on you to guide us in to the food and fuel, since you've been there before. I'd also defer to you to be the lead dog on the ride once all the cities meet up at Kerrville, if you want. So, I guess there would be no need for a trail truck then?

Steve, I thought you had a very good idea with the trailer. I haven't ridden with a group larger than 4 or 5 in a few years, but it seems like every time you get 10 or more bikes together one of them will break down, have a flat, run out of gas or something.

Streak70
12th January 2007, 22:08
I'm confused [what else is new?] about the date. Has one been set - or is this still wishful thinking for the spring? Looks like we're talking 27Jan - is that right? I'm going to try to make it whatever.

My brother and I own a dozen acres 9 miles north of Leakey - but it's an unpaved mile west off of 83, about 300 yds pretty rough, and I've never tried to ride in. Be cool to have an overnight BBQ/gabfest/party and ride the sisters the next day......ummm, maybe better to ride the sisters and THEN party and NOT plan to do anything the next day. Whatever, I'm not proposing it for this trip 'cause I would need to take some people with me to walk the road and determine if it was doable or not.

KC_Sporty_Gal
12th January 2007, 23:06
Is it just for Texas Folk or are the rest of us invited?

HuggyBear
12th January 2007, 23:07
I believe anyone that wants to show up is invited!!

Streak70
12th January 2007, 23:25
Hey KC,

Like HB said, I'm sure you would be welcome.

BTW, if you are really planning that long trip [on your tag line] there is a guy over on the Yahoo XL1200S group you might want to visit with. He rode from the Houston area to Alaska and back, I think in '05. PM me if you are interested and I'll direct you to him.

Is it just for Texas Folk or are the rest of us invited?

paulriva
12th January 2007, 23:26
I'm in Houston... our club may ride to that area on that day see you all there!!!! DFFD.

Desertfox
13th January 2007, 00:13
I'm game for the twisted sisters.

Gone
13th January 2007, 13:44

...so back to the ride:

here's a proposed route:

miles(est. time)
Leakey/SH41 approx 40
SH41/SH335 approx 20

Give me some feed back.

Is the date January 27?

kodekitten
13th January 2007, 18:38
Everytime I read through this thread, I just get confused.

So, what is the final deal here? Date? Place? Route? I need some definites to make plans.

bmcdonau
14th January 2007, 02:21
Everytime I read through this thread, I just get confused.

So, what is the final deal here? Date? Place? Route? I need some definites to make plans.

I think we are meeting in Kerrville. Don't know where specifically. Two dates I saw were in March and the new one Jan 27. We need to firm up a date. Weather could be iffy in Jan, Feb or March would be more reliable, but I'd rather get together sooner rather than later.

On edit I see that the Jan 27 date is not so new. Can we set that in stone?

If you like, I can shoot up to Kerrville as soon as the weather clears up and find a place to meet.

XL Custom 1200
14th January 2007, 21:52
OK Rob, I nominate you to coordinate the houston faction to get everybody to the hill country by 10am.

Ok Then, lets get everybody thats in the houston area to send me there email address so I can keep up with them. Maybe some of the hill country guys and gals coordinating up there can send me email addresses too or cell # so I can get a serious time and place to meet. I have ridden up in the twisted sisters with my sporty and its nice. And got the T-shirt to prove it too, LMAO !!! My friend was riding his GSXR 1300 Busa, hehe, I couldnt keep up very well, LOL !! My emaill address is
robal1965 (at) sbcglobal (dot) net

Smorphine
15th January 2007, 16:52
Please update the thread on a solid date and destination for the ride. (San Antonio Area)

Thx

HuggyBear
16th January 2007, 17:49
I'll talk to Avnsteve today about this but I know we are planning Jan 27 for the ride as it stands right now. As far as the exact spot we are meeting, I'm not sure but I know it's in Kerville. Again, I'll check with Steve and get him to post something "official" soon!

SportyJoe
16th January 2007, 18:15
Count me in.... just let me know where and when!

bmcdonau
16th January 2007, 21:21
I'll talk to Avnsteve today about this but I know we are planning Jan 27 for the ride as it stands right now. As far as the exact spot we are meeting, I'm not sure but I know it's in Kerville. Again, I'll check with Steve and get him to post something "official" soon!

There's a Denny's on Texas 16, just south of the Guadalupe River in Kerrville. Easy to get to from IH10 since 16 crosses 10.

rx3732
16th January 2007, 21:36
so it looks like Jan 27th is the set date. Man, I'm glad this thread got bumped, as I totally forgot about it. Kerrville, eh. Looks like I've got some planning to do. Anybody from the Dallas area planning on making this ride? Would be cool if we could ride down as a group if so.

whispanic
17th January 2007, 00:05
Did someone say we are getting stoned?

Sweeeeeeet.

I just got some new ME880's put on. Hopefully I can get down there on the 1/27/07.

I hope the geezer glide can keep up...

tonyhds
17th January 2007, 00:21
I think I'll have to pass on this one. Only got a couple hundred miles on the conversion,

and the weather here ain't lookin so good for a while.
Plus its been dang cold [ for texas ]

rcraig45617
17th January 2007, 05:59
There's a Denny's on Texas 16, just south of the Guadalupe River in Kerrville. Easy to get to from IH10 since 16 crosses 10.

BMC,
I'm planning on making this run too. How do you feel about leaving SA as a group? Anyone else from SA up for meeting centrally first before heading to Kerrville?

Let's hope the weather breaks and we're back in the high 60's for the temp for the ride!

kodekitten
17th January 2007, 14:56
Sounds fantastic, guys, I think you'll have a good time. I unfortunately have to pass, as traveling 6 hours just to get to Kerrville is, well, a little too much for Kerrville :P

Smorphine
17th January 2007, 15:35
Im up for a central meet in San Antonio.

bmcdonau
17th January 2007, 15:38
BMC,
I'm planning on making this run too. How do you feel about leaving SA as a group? Anyone else from SA up for meeting centrally first before heading to Kerrville?

Let's hope the weather breaks and we're back in the high 60's for the temp for the ride!

That sounds good to me, got an idea where in town you'd like to meet?

Smorphine
17th January 2007, 16:03
I live in the Stone Oak Area, I would normally say Javelina HD in Boerne but if you are looking for a central location then possibly a Denny's or Jim's.

bmcdonau
17th January 2007, 17:07
I live in the Stone Oak Area, I would normally say Javelina HD in Boerne but if you are looking for a central location then possibly a Denny's or Jim's.

That sounds like a good idea. Is Javelina Harley good with everyone else in SA?

bmcdonau
17th January 2007, 17:09
My wife is going to come with me on the ride, but I've been able to talk her into driving my truck to Kerrville and maybe Leakey. That would give us an emergency vehicle if we need one.

rcraig45617
17th January 2007, 19:20
That sounds like a good idea. Is Javelina Harley good with everyone else in SA?

Javelina works for me!

HuggyBear
18th January 2007, 12:14
The bad weather has totally screwed my plans!! I have new tires on order (and of course I have disassembled my bike already) but shipping has been delayed several days now so I might not get them in time to get them mounted and installed before the ride. (I'm out of town all next week too) I'll try my hardest to get it done but I may end up missing this ride :(

txsporty
19th January 2007, 03:52
I'm up for Javelina!!!:D

bmcdonau
20th January 2007, 20:28
The long range weather forcast for next Saturday is 63 and partly cloudy so its not going to be a bad day if that forcast holds. I don't know where that warm weather we had before Christmas went. Can we get a head count of who is going and who is not going? I'll be there so that's one.

dsonoma
21st January 2007, 05:43
I'll be missing this one. The bike is still in the shop and probably won't be out until late Feb. I'll have to catch the one in March.

rcraig45617
22nd January 2007, 00:46
BMC,

I'm planning on going as well. What time are we meeting at Javelina?

wrokhead
22nd January 2007, 01:41
I wont have my bike back together in time.....saddness.

Wrokhead

Smorphine
22nd January 2007, 02:13
I will be present. Please let me know what time we're meeting..?

prplhays
22nd January 2007, 02:54
Weather today in Austin was a high of 63 and I went for a nice little 50-60mi ride. Next Sat high is supposed to be 59, which is supposed to be the warmest day during the next 10 days. So are you guys meeting in Boerne at 10am or are just the SA guys meeting there and then driving to Kerrville for a 10am meet? I should be back from a business trip Friday evening and if the weather holds I'd like to meet up somewhere, but not necessarily in Boerne.

bmcdonau
22nd January 2007, 16:57
rcraig, smorphine, we'll have to meet around 9 am to get to Kerrville by 10. The weather forcast is not good this week, hope it still holds for Saturday.

I think this is the latest information.

The Texas Sport ride will meet in Kerrville at 10:00. No one has objected to Denny's on Texas 16 south of the Gudalupe River so I guess we'll meet there.

The SA riders are meeting at Javlina HD in Boerne (on I 10) at 9:00.

Another group is meeting in Houston.

I recommend we call a go/no go on Thursday. The weather is really nasty this week and next. Saturday and Sunday morning are the only days cold rain is not in the forcast and Sunday afternoon another arctic blast is supposed to hit south Texas.

DEANER
22nd January 2007, 18:08
Sorry guys and gals, gotta pull outta this one.

Hopefully next time.

SportyJoe
23rd January 2007, 14:53
Sorry, Im gonna have to miss this one..

rx3732
23rd January 2007, 15:24
well, as much as I wanna be there, I'm not gonna be able to make it. I'll try to catch the next one. Lets do another when the weather warms up too....like around April or May.

Smorphine
23rd January 2007, 18:42
Forcast for this Saturday (Boerne - Kerrville - Leakey):

Mostly Sunny

High 63F Precip 10% Wind: W 6 mph

Max. Humidity: 65% UV Index: 5 Moderate

Sunrise: 7:28 AM CT Avg. High: 61F Record High: 88F (1975)

avnsteve
23rd January 2007, 20:53
rcraig, smorphine, we'll have to meet around 9 am to get to Kerrville by 10. The weather forcast is not good this week, hope it still holds for Saturday.
I think this is the latest information.
The Texas Sport ride will meet in Kerrville at 10:00. No one has objected to Denny's on Texas 16 south of the Gudalupe River so I guess we'll meet there.
The SA riders are meeting at Javlina HD in Boerne (on I 10) at 9:00.
Another group is meeting in Houston.
I recommend we call a go/no go on Thursday. The weather is really nasty this week and next. Saturday and Sunday morning are the only days cold rain is not in the forcast and Sunday afternoon another arctic blast is supposed to hit south Texas.

thanks for taking over, I doubt i'll be making the ride, as I fully expect to be at a funeral that day... If for some reason the funeral is not on saturday, i'll just show up at the denny's (weather permitting) and see you then.

torxster
24th January 2007, 04:24
I've gotta back out of this one also. :frownthre

I hate to miss, know it'll be a blast!

rcraig45617
24th January 2007, 04:50
Well, I was really looking forward to this ride. I even skated out of some work to make it. But, it looks like a lot of people had some things come that would preclude them from making it. BMC, my condolences for your loss.

I'm still up for this though. Anyone else who is still planning on attending, chime in! Let's get a head count of who WILL be there and see if this is going to be worth it. To me, meeting with some fellow forum members is enough of an incentive to make the trek. Otherwise, I'll hit the Hill Country. Either way, Imma ridin' come Saturday!!!

bmcdonau
24th January 2007, 14:50
Well, I was really looking forward to this ride. I even skated out of some work to make it. But, it looks like a lot of people had some things come that would preclude them from making it. BMC, my condolences for your loss.

I'm still up for this though. Anyone else who is still planning on attending, chime in! Let's get a head count of who WILL be there and see if this is going to be worth it. To me, meeting with some fellow forum members is enough of an incentive to make the trek. Otherwise, I'll hit the Hill Country. Either way, Imma ridin' come Saturday!!!

I'm still in it as long as the weather forcast is above marginal. Anyone else from SA still want to do it? Ray, if the Texas Sporty ride falls through I have a suggestion. Since we're meeting in Boerne, we can go north toward Luckenbach instead of west toward Kerrville. There a lots of good roads up there too and we won't be as far from San Antonio.

Smorphine
24th January 2007, 20:14
Im in, as long as the weather holds up. BMC, my condolences for your loss too..

rcraig45617
24th January 2007, 21:25
I'm still in it as long as the weather forcast is above marginal. Anyone else from SA still want to do it? Ray, if the Texas Sporty ride falls through I have a suggestion. Since we're meeting in Boerne, we can go north toward Luckenbach instead of west toward Kerrville. There a lots of good roads up there too and we won't be as far from San Antonio.

Sounds GREAT to me. Now lets just hope that a) the weather breaks and b) I get my new drag bars delivered and installed in time.

bmcdonau
24th January 2007, 23:00
Im in, as long as the weather holds up. BMC, my condolences for your loss too..

Not me, its avnsteve going to the furneral.

whispanic
24th January 2007, 23:08
Yeah we (USA) lost 12 fighting men from Steves unit.

Capt. Sean E. Lyerly, 31, of Pflugerville , Texas was was killed.

Time to take a knee...

bmcdonau
25th January 2007, 01:56
Sounds GREAT to me. Now lets just hope that a) the weather breaks and b) I get my new drag bars delivered and installed in time.

Ray, don't start a project on your bike Friday afternoon or you know what'll happen.

prplhays
25th January 2007, 04:02
I'm still due to fly back into Austin Fri evening, so assuming the weather is anywhere close to 60 degrees with little chance for rain, I'll be there. I've had my flights thru Chicago cancelled twice in last 6 weeks. Hopefully that won't happen again. If Boerne to Kerrville at 10am changes to some other destination and time, just let all of us know.
Right now I'm holed up in a hotel about 10 miles from OCC. I up here with a co-worker who has an 1150 something or other BMW. He wants to go see OCC, so I think we'll do that tomorrow.
My condolences also for the freinds and family of Capt. Sean E. Lyerly.
My grandfather and dad were career Army, my wife was career Navy and I just retired from the Navy Reserve.

avnsteve
25th January 2007, 15:40
Yeah we (USA) lost 12 fighting men from Steves unit.

Capt. Sean E. Lyerly, 31, of Pflugerville , Texas was was killed.

Time to take a knee...

yeah, I knew Sean personally, he was one of those rare few LT's that listen to their NCOs, and I knew he'd make a great CPT. His wife is a wonderful person too. I'm unsure if the interment is Saturday, still no release of his remains from Dover yet. So I'm beginning to doubt it'll be saturday...

rcraig45617
26th January 2007, 02:51
Ray, don't start a project on your bike Friday afternoon or you know what'll happen.

Well, I won't be starting my project Friday afternoon....

I started it today and am happy to say I've got the old handlebars and risers off and my new T-bars on. No problems with the installation

Unless you count the fact that I'm 2 inches short on ALL my cables!!!!!

I went to the local HD shop and they don't have anything to replace them with. They did some calling to the other shops in SA (Alamo City and Javelina) and they are out of the cables as well. I think ya'll know where I'm going with this....

I'm going to have to back out as well. I would just go ahead and take off the new bars and put the stock set-up back together, but I just don't have the time to tonight. I've gotta get some sleep as I have to be at work at 0400hrs tomorrow, and I'm not getting off until 2200hrs tomorrow evening.

When we do get together again, the first few beers are on me...

On a side note, the new bars and handgrips I got look D@MN GOOD!!!!

XL Custom 1200
26th January 2007, 03:13
The Weather for Houston and all the way to Flatonia ( thats as far as I checked) is Thunderstorms and rain for saturday. Im going to cancel out. Sorry Guys, when the weather looks better, we can do it again.
Ride safe everybody !!

whispanic
26th January 2007, 03:32
Looks like Im out on this one...

I have a meeting Saturday that I cant miss.
I didnt realize it had been moved.

Steve check your inbox.

bmcdonau
26th January 2007, 04:02
Well, it looks like were down to 2 for sure and maybe a 3rd rider if purplhaze makes it. Anyone else coming?

Smorphine
26th January 2007, 17:14
Looks like rain is expected on Saturday morning. Sunday looks clear. Im still up for the ride any how. Let me know if the day is switched or if anyone is up for both.. Freaking beautiful today!!!!

bmcdonau
26th January 2007, 21:50
Smorphine, I think we should just give up on this Saturday. Most people dropped out and now the weather's iffy.

Folks, how about rescheduling the Jan Texas Sport ride for 12:00 noon on the 17th of Feb at the Denny's in Kerrville. The later start will give those coming from other cities more time to make it and the weather should be a lot better by then.

txsporty
27th January 2007, 01:26
I'm up for a ride and meet Sunday in San Antonio at the Deer Crossing!!!

Let me know!!!:D

Snuffy
27th January 2007, 01:29
Hell of a long ride for me Mike, just tell Laura I love her

txsporty
27th January 2007, 01:40
Hell of a long ride for me Mike, just tell Laura I love her

If you start now you'll be here by Sunday, Snuffy!!!!!:D

Smorphine
27th January 2007, 04:40
I believe your right BMC.. Let me know if anyone is getting together on Sunday in or around San Antonio. I will pencil in Feb 17th.

txsporty
27th January 2007, 04:54
I believe your right BMC.. Let me know if anyone is getting together on Sunday in or around San Antonio. I will pencil in Feb 17th.

Where you at in S.A.??

Drop me a line!!!! 210-669-5588

I'm free Sunday!!! Goin' ridin and stopping at the Deer Crossing!!!!! :D

prplhays
27th January 2007, 04:56
Just got back home. Since it's a no go tomorrow for everyone else, I guess I'll just toodle on out to Johnson City tomorrow morning about 10am(weather permitting-no rain) and get some huevos rancheros at the Country Cupboard, then maybe head on up to Lake Buchanan where I have some property and to see if the lakes up at all since the holidays.

Smorphine
27th January 2007, 05:18
TXSporty, Im in the Stone Oak area of San Antonio. 281 and Bulverde Rd. (210-723-4810) What time are you riding out to The Deer Crossing.? I'll give you a call Sunday to see if you're still game. Thats out by 35 and 1518 (Selma?) PRPLHAYS - Great breakfast choice. Trying to meet on sunday. Depending on the weather tomorrow, may go out to hang at Javelina then possibly to Luckenbach for a pulled pork sandwich..

txsporty
27th January 2007, 05:40
TXSporty, Im in the Stone Oak area of San Antonio. 281 and Bulverde Rd. What time are you riding out to The Deer Crossing.? Thats out by 35 and 1518 (Selma?)

I'm thinking about noonish!! Ride out to New Braunfels then back to the Deer Crossing!!

Desertfox
27th January 2007, 12:37
Just got up and looked outside. Raining like a bastard. Looks like this one is scrubbed for me. :(

Snuffy
27th January 2007, 13:25
If you start now you'll be here by Sunday, Snuffy!!!!!:D

I would but the work thing has me "snowed" under right now, and I know that you wouldn't want me to miss out on that:rolleyes:

Smorphine
27th January 2007, 14:36
Beautiful weather today (San Antonio - Saturday) The rain is staying east of us (sorry Houston). Let me know if anyone wants to get together today..

wrokhead
28th January 2007, 22:33
Did you guys get together? Yesterday was absulutly perfect! I was really hurting to ride but missing a tank. If you guys went riding .....POST PIX! hehe

Wrokhead

bmcdonau
30th January 2007, 19:42
I don't think so. Everyone dropped out. Hopefully we'll get together when the weather improves.

Smorphine
30th January 2007, 19:54
Went out to Gruene on Sunday with TXSPORTY. Nice cold weather, clear though.. Lets all get together sometime soon. The weekend of feb 17 is shot for me..

jgaither
7th February 2007, 22:57
I hope everyone has been enjoying the weather this week!

Last week freezing cold. this week 70's!

So when is this ride going to happen?

Justin

bmcdonau
14th February 2007, 14:37
Lets pick a date in March for the Texas Sporty get together. Any suggestions? Anyone up for a spring break ride?

jalldredge
14th February 2007, 15:11
Somewhere between the 9th and 18th of March is good for me.

Smorphine
14th February 2007, 17:16
Anytime in March is good for me. I have vacation time the week of March 17th-25th. A spring run would be great.

bmcdonau
14th February 2007, 17:33
How about the 10th of March? Same place, same route?

jalldredge
14th February 2007, 21:18
sounds ok by me. Do you think you might want to start a new thread? it might gain a few more eyes.

Smorphine
14th February 2007, 22:41
The 10th of March would be great. Are we talking about the same run to Kerrville/ Leakey?

SportyJoe
14th February 2007, 22:48
Is this the same thread as the earlier "Texas Sporty Get together" ? I remember this thread from a month ago.... If it is a new ride let me know, I would like to come. Time, date, and Location please

jeeplite
15th February 2007, 00:09
A new thread would be a good idea.
Looks like good weather this weekend, Cowboy HD south of Austin is having a lot party on Feb 17th. I can't make the March 10th date but we should be getting some nice ride weekends after the rains of Jan& Feb pass. Maybe Luckenbach some weekend?
Look forward to meeting some XL brothers here in Central Tex.

Smorphine
1st March 2007, 16:31
FYI for anyone still interested in the rescheduled ride. Click the link below for the new thread.

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=47421

pattywagon
27th January 2008, 06:54
The best BBQ in the country right down the road in Luling, City Market.

Smorphine
20th February 2008, 18:24
Bike Night Wednesday - Hills and Dales

I'm meeting a friend of mine there round 6.30pm tonight.

See you there.

J.

Smorphine
29th February 2008, 19:38
Leakey/ Twisted Sisters Ride this Saturday March 1, 2008. San Antonio riders meet at the Exxon Station at 1604 / Bandera Rd @ 9 am - Departing at 9:30 am. Look for the bad ass black Sporty with the windshield.

Hope to see ya'll there.

bigjnsa
29th February 2008, 19:55
Leakey/ Twisted Sisters Ride this Saturday March 1, 2008. San Antonio riders meet at the Exxon Station at 1604 / Bandera Rd @ 9 am - Departing at 9:30 am. Look for the bad ass black Sporty with the windshield.

Hope to see ya'll there.

Oh sweet! I'm glad I found this since I'm literally right next to this station. I did 337 last weekend but turned around since I couldn't find a gas station in Leakey or I would have ridden 335 and 336.

Smorphine
29th February 2008, 23:06
Cool Bigjnsa, see you tomorrow. We will be making stops for fuel, food and drinks.

Jorge

bigjnsa
29th February 2008, 23:45
Cool Bigjnsa, see you tomorrow. We will be making stops for fuel, food and drinks.

Jorge

Nice. I got a teardrop 3.5 gallon tank, so I'm limited on my miles.

Smorphine
3rd March 2008, 20:15
Jeremy, glad you made our ride to the Twisted Sisters. Check out the link for more rides if you don't any here.

http://motorcycle.meetup.com/220/

rocket3r
16th January 2009, 03:12
waco maybe fort fisher park north austin geortown nice city park also hogally and hardtails bar and grill very cool place and good folks set a date i,ll be there

Smorphine
17th January 2009, 16:15
Interesting. Lets see if we can get some interest in San Antonio.

bigjnsa
10th February 2009, 19:01
I can do any ride after the 20th of Feb.