PDA

View Full Version : Seats for 2007 Sportsters

Johnny I
5th December 2006, 19:11
Has anyone gotten an aftermarket seat for the 07 Sportster? I know Corbin is working on them and so is Lepera. I'm looking for a solo seat for an 07 custom. I don't believe the solo seat on the 883 Low or 883 XL will fit b/c they have the peanut tank. Anyone try one of those seats on a sportser with a 4.5 gallon tank and the EFI on the back fender?

CT1200
5th December 2006, 20:19
I believe its the ignition module, its bigger on the EFIs than the carbs. So they need to make a hump in the bottom of the seats to fit correctly, which is a redesign of the seat pan.

BrownDog
5th December 2006, 20:36
I was looking for a solo seat for my 05 Roadster. Frustrated with the expensive prices, and minimal selection, I bought a spare stock seat on ebay, ripped it apart, cut down the seat pan to make it a solo, shaved the foam down to my liking, then reattached the bracket to fit the first fender hole. I then took the seat to a local upholstry guy and had it covered in leather. Uphostry was the most expensive piece of the puzzle at $80.

Looks great and is one of a kind. Just take your time on the foam shaving. I used a bread knife and sandpaper.

XLFREAK
5th December 2006, 20:42
Mustang says that the seats for the 07's are currently in production. That is what I am waiting for. :D

Good luck

TJ

rharrison356
15th December 2006, 04:51
Mustang says that the seats for the 07's are currently in production. That is what I am waiting for. :D

Good luck

TJ
Mustang Seats are now shipping for the 2007s.

Gary7
15th December 2006, 05:04
Mustang Seats are now shipping for the 2007s.

They sure are. Mine came today.

BTW, I like the Greek in your signature. Haven't used my Greek from seminary in years, but I was able to read it. :D

rharrison356
15th December 2006, 05:34
They sure are. Mine came today.

BTW, I like the Greek in your signature. Haven't used my Greek from seminary in years, but I was able to read it. :DLet us know how you like it...I am debating between the solo and solo-wide. BTW, which seminary did you attend? I am a prof at Midwestern, Kansas City.

Gary7
15th December 2006, 06:01
Let us know how you like it...I am debating between the solo and solo-wide. BTW, which seminary did you attend? I am a prof at Midwestern, Kansas City.

Westminster in Philadelphia. Graduated in 89. Then did a Drs at Potchefstroom Univ in South Africa.

My Mustang is the solo wide model. And it is W-I-D-E. It looks like it's going to be very comfortable.

I sat on a bike in the showroom that had the regular solo and I wasn't all that impressed. (Of course, riding it would be the only way to tell for sure.)

rharrison356
15th December 2006, 06:57
Westminster in Philadelphia. Graduated in 89. Then did a Drs at Potchefstroom Univ in South Africa. Southwestern, Fort Worth, Doctrate Golden Gate, San Francisco and post-doc at Oxford, England. Will be teaching in England this summer. My major is missiology, but am teaching in Christian Education and Historical Theology as well. Also pastoring a new church and lovin' it! We have several CMA members and enjoy Sunday rides, weather permitting.

Snuffy
15th December 2006, 13:48
Try Harleyseats.com

sportin_2007
19th December 2006, 04:44
I had my seat off today so I could seat how big the ECM module is, and it ain't exactly tiny. I am waiting for LePera to complete their refit of the 07 bikes so I can order the Daytona Sport LT seat.

I hope the ECM doesn't make the seat change too drastic as I like that sleek look of this particular seat. I believe Mustang calls this a fastback design, and Corbin and a few others call it the Gunslinger. It's the one that completes the drag look for me. Anyone have the Mustang Fastback seat on a 3.3 gal sporty?

:)

EZStroke
19th December 2006, 05:30
A note from mustang today:
Mustang's seats for the Sportster will move the driver about one inch forward. The Day Tripper is basically a flat seat which will allow the driver to slide back some.
Thanks for choosing Mustang and let us know if we can help you further.

Customer Service

Johnny I
19th December 2006, 15:24
I spoke with a Lepera rep. on Dec 13 and they said production on seats for the 2007 Sportsters won't be available until mid to late summer of 2007. Since I want a solo seat I went to the HD dealer. They have two solo seats available, the solo reach and the brawler for the 07 Sportsters. So I ordered the brawler seat from HD custom seat collection since they had a 20% holiday discount at the local HD dealership. It's on order and I'll let you know how it is when I get it!

rharrison356
20th December 2006, 05:46
Well, I just caved in a bought the HD Sundowner...several who have this seat have said it is comfy...but it sure ain't pretty.

sportin_2007
22nd December 2006, 04:40
I am a fan of the Mustang Fastback, Corbin Gunslinger, and LePera Daytona series seats, and today I broke down and bought a new seat for my peanut Sporty. I emailed Christine LePera today and she responded by telling me they won't have a seat for my bike until March or so.

With that news, I phoned Mustang, found the Fastback was stocked and ready for immediate shipment of my 2007 model, and paid the extra 30 bucks to have it shipped UPS Red from their stock this afternoon. If customs clears it through this evening as it arrives by air, I should see it tomorrow sometime. Then I ordered a Chin Spoiler from my dealer to round out the new drag look.

Is anyone here running a Fastback Seat from Mustang?

sportin_2007
23rd December 2006, 01:50
Well, yesterday afternoon I had ordered a new seat from Mustang, and that was the best decision I made regarding the bike thus far. I ordered their new fastback design for the 2007 and had it shipped UPS Red. That was at 2:30 PM yesterday afternoon, and it arrive here in Western Canada today. Needless to say, I put in on the bike (took all of 2 minutes), and then went out and rode it again. I gotta tell you, I LOVE IT!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/mistersixtynine/Photo_122206_009.jpg

Awesome seat, awesome supplier, awesome quality, and an awesome fit. So much so that I would say HD should be taking lessons from these guys. It fit perfectly, and it's obvious it was engineered that way. Total quality outfit, and trust me folks, I am very anal about my stuff, and very hard to please. Thanks "Mustang", your customer service is one of the best examples of true professionalism that I have seen in recent years, and your quality is simply outstanding. Keep it up as I am very impressed.

Graeme Browne
Calgary, Canada
2007 XL50 Sportster

duggram
23rd December 2006, 06:17
Graeme,

Bitchin seat! I like the way the lines flow off the tank into the seat. I'll be checking them out next spring.

Johnny I
28th December 2006, 20:45
I installed the HD Brawler solo seat on my bike and it's exactly what I wanted. It's comfortable considering the low profile of the seat. I'll see how the toosh feels after a long ride, but that won't happen until spring unfortunately. I posted pics on my gallery for you to view.

williard952
9th January 2007, 04:12
rharrison356 sez:
> Well, I just caved in a bought the HD Sundowner...
> several who have this seat have said it is comfy...
> but it sure ain't pretty.

Sundowner, lot more comfortable than the seat
that comes on the 883L, but it's like ridin' on the
slip&slide. Hit the gas and you slide back into the
comfy spot. Tap the brakes and you slide up to
the tank.
And, it's sooooooooooooooo ugly.

-W

gammaqueen
9th January 2007, 05:32
www.harleyseats.com
They have my stock seat and are working on a mold for the 2007's now. They should be about finished by now.

Lago1200
9th January 2007, 23:14
My HD Reach seat worked out great for me. I'm 6' and have forward controls.
Feels real natural, not too close. Cheap. Looks great. Wider than stock. Don't know how it feels after 150 miles yet.