PDA

View Full Version : Front turn signal light relocation kit

Hogan77
17th March 2005, 01:41
Has anyone installed a front turn signal reloctaion kit on there 2004 sporty. I bought one but don't think it is what I need. I am assuming I need a bracket that hooks to the upper part of the forks, but what I got doesn't have anything like that. If anyone has done this a pic would be great to see. I am putting 12" apes on my bike and dont want those turn signals in the stock position. Any help would be great!!!

Justin

xena
17th March 2005, 01:52
Hey Justin

Not sure exactly what you bought, but I got the kit at JP Cycle. I think it was somewhere around 30.00.

SamIam
17th March 2005, 02:45
I just bought a HD front turn signal relocation kit (#68517-94A) from the stealer...it was on sale for $18 dollars (HOG discount and then on top sale). It bolts into the lower fork bracket and has a mount with bolts in. HD recomends raising the front of the bike up...I was going to ask Xena if she had to do that but I see my question answered ...it's not the HD kit. Still not sure if I have to jack it up...I have the upper mount holding the fork tube so I don't know why HD is warning me about the tubes sliding down. I suppose I will have to actually look at it :eek:
Not going to happen tonight because my daughter needs attention and the wife is getting :madtwo

cantolina
17th March 2005, 02:52
I just bought a HD front turn signal relocation kit (#68517-94A) from the stealer...it was on sale for $18 dollars (HOG discount and then on top sale). It bolts into the lower fork bracket and has a mount with bolts in. HD recomends raising the front of the bike up...I was going to ask Xena if she had to do that but I see my question answered ...it's not the HD kit. Still not sure if I have to jack it up...I have the upper mount holding the fork tube so I don't know why HD is warning me about the tubes sliding down. I suppose I will have to actually look at it :eek:
Not going to happen tonight because my daughter needs attention and the wife is getting :madtwo

As long as you make sure the other pinch bolt is in like it should be, it won't be a problem...just do one side at a time....

Hogan77
17th March 2005, 03:15
Thought I got the wrong kit and I did. Will be going back to the stealer to see if they got one in stock and return what I bought. I figured it was going to be a problem when i got a new parts guy. Putting my new bars on this weekend and wanted to be able to finish it all, but now that isn't looking to good. Thanks for all the help.

cantolina
17th March 2005, 03:31
How so? Did you get the clamp-ons? or the ones that fit on the pinch bolts?

midnitewolf
17th March 2005, 05:59
I just finished putting 14 inch apes on mine , I got the relocation kit at the dealer but it wasn't HD ( kustom chrome I think ) the type that bolts to
pinch bolt on the tree , ( I think it looks better than on the fork tube ) .

I have the 04 883 std and had to change everything (cables , brake line
wiring ) it wasn't hard but alot of tedious time consuming work .

OH except for bleeding the front brake , :yikes too much pumping so I just
bought a mighty vac and it was done in 5 min.

rlstone
17th March 2005, 20:48
Xena, I see you've got heel rests mounted on your pegs. I've been looking for them but the HD catalog doesn't list them for the Sportster. Do you mind sharing with me where you purchased them? Do you like them? I have forward controls on my 04 883C and would like the heel support on long rides.

Your help is appreciated.

RStone

xena
17th March 2005, 23:46
Xena, I see you've got heel rests mounted on your pegs. I've been looking for them but the HD catalog doesn't list them for the Sportster. Do you mind sharing with me where you purchased them? Do you like them?

rlstone The footpegs and heel stirrups I've got are Kuryakyn.
I bought them from a vendor on ebay. Love them. Wouldn't ride a bike without em'. :)

Hogan77
18th March 2005, 01:49
Went to the stealer today and they had the relocation kit that I needed. The one they sold me before were to relocate the lights under other driving liights. Should have payed more attention when they were putting it in the bag with my cables. Wasn't that big of deal just glad they had the right one in stock.

barry1967
18th March 2005, 02:06
heel stirrups

Oh xena, your turning me on there with talk like that :p

rlstone
18th March 2005, 15:06
Thanks, Xena!! I'll check out the Kuryakyn website.