PDA

View Full Version : What brand is everybody running?

KingSize
17th March 2005, 19:17
I have an Avon on the rear on Dunlop on the front.

But I just ordered new tires all the way around. Went with the new Avon Venom AM42. Really like the new tread pattern too. I don't like my Dunlop up front. Doesn't stick like an Avon will.

Kath
17th March 2005, 19:27
I've still got the stock tires on there right now (only have a little under 3,000 miles on them). My hubby just bought Michelen Macadams (sp?) for his bike. He heard lots of good things about them from other sport tourer ridres...supposed to be real sticky.

Not sure what I'm going with next....but I've got til the end of the season to figure it out I guess ;)

Shamdog
17th March 2005, 19:29
Stock Dunlop up front. Just ordered a Metzler ME-880 for the rear. It should be here this weekend.

gwcrim
17th March 2005, 19:33
I love Cheng Shin Barracudas and have put many, many miles on them. I've used them in high speed applications and at Deal's Gap. They've never let me down. These are great tires. Oh, and they can be bought for less than $70 delivered.

KingSize
17th March 2005, 19:48
Stock Dunlop up front. Just ordered a Metzler ME-880 for the rear. It should be here this weekend.

Food for thought. I have an Avon on the rear and Dunlop on the back.

My good friend works at Weld Wheels. He said that you should really run the same tire front/back. Reason being is that they will heat up at different rates, and one compound will be stickier than the other. Especially in wet conditions with different tread patterns. He had some "incidents" on bikes that had different tires front/back.

I know lots of guys do it, hell I did too. I just wanted to give everybody something to chew on.

willprevale
17th March 2005, 21:05
. I don't like my Dunlop up front. Doesn't stick like an Avon will.
OH?, It broke traction?

Desertfox
17th March 2005, 22:15
I have an Avon on the rear on Dunlop on the front.

But I just ordered new tires all the way around. Went with the new Avon Venom AM42. Really like the new tread pattern too. I don't like my Dunlop up front. Doesn't stick like an Avon will.
I have avon 90/90 H21 on front and Stock on rear. Plan on switching to Avon on rear as well as soon athe stock one wears out

Scarecrow2311
17th March 2005, 23:00
Still have stock tires atm w/ 8200 mi. on them, could prob get another 1-2k out of them but I will be replacing them with Avon AM41 on front & AM42 WW's as soon as they get in ( back ordered atm )

HotRodSporty
17th March 2005, 23:07
I love Cheng Shin Barracudas and have put many, many miles on them. I've used them in high speed applications and at Deal's Gap. They've never let me down. These are great tires. Oh, and they can be bought for less than $70 delivered.

You have a website CRIM? Or can you tell me where you get them for that price. Thanks.

grumpy0868
18th March 2005, 00:18
just threw a pair of maxxis classic whitewalls on my pile of things to get started this weekend.150/80 X 16 rear,100/90 x 19 front

engine
18th March 2005, 01:34
Mine needs new tires (dry rot from sitting 5 years) and I'll probably get Metz ME880, depending on how much my Indy will charge.

KingSize
18th March 2005, 16:01
OH?, It broke traction?

More than once. Luckily I haven't gone down, and it will be changed before I do!!!!! Should be here early next week.

missyd
18th March 2005, 16:39
My sporty has Dunlops front and rear ... the new GT??? don't remember the exact #item.
Michelin Macadams are a little bit on the old side ....
Most tires have the manufacturing date on it. Please check it before you buy the tire. My Sporty had once Metzelers that where 2-3 years 'old' when I bought them new!!!! :frownthre

flathead45
18th March 2005, 16:47
metzler rear and an iroquios on the front

ever hear of Iroquios? no? neather have I . will be going avon on the front after a few more miles that Iroquios is like plastic and has no grip

yeller1200
18th March 2005, 17:27
I have Metzler ME 880 WW's front and rear, I run a 16" on front as well as rear