PDA

View Full Version : My 2005 XL 883Low

JaggedEdge
28th November 2004, 15:22
Here are some pics.
It's 2 1/2 months old.
JE
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~netdirectinc/093.jpghttp://www.home.earthlink.net/~netdirectinc/094.jpghttp://www.home.earthlink.net/~netdirectinc/010.jpg

txsporty
28th November 2004, 15:54
JaggedEdge,

Nice Looking Scoot!!! :D

Shark Doctor
28th November 2004, 16:09
My issue with the 883L is how to get one under the tree for my wife! She fell in love when she found she could easily set one upright and balance (she is smallish and not 'strong like bull')...

Do you like the bars and positioning? Haven't road tested one (still lamenting the cold in MI)... but does she really scoot!?

Quite a looker!!!

txsporty
28th November 2004, 17:31
Shark Doctor

Just put a Big Ribbon on it and set it in the Garage or Living Room!!!

She'll Love you to Death for it!!! :D

The 883 has plently of get up and go!!!!

barry1967
28th November 2004, 17:36
I like the lights. Can't wait to get mine on. I have the smoked lenses as well as the smoked turn signals. I'll post pics when they are on. I'm waiting for the little bolts to come in from the dealer connect the turn signals to the bottom of the lights.

Broncodog
28th November 2004, 17:38
Great idea Mike, then wrap the key up and put that under the tree! :clap

Darhawk
28th November 2004, 17:46
No better Christmas could be had :chop and I'm sure she'll give you a better look and better love'n :love1 :love1 :love1 :love1 than you would have gotten had you given her pots and pans :wifemad :wifemad :wifemad :wifemad

JaggedEdge
29th November 2004, 00:17
Do you like the bars and positioning? Haven't road tested one (still lamenting the cold in MI)... but does she really scoot!?
Quite a looker!!!

I am kind of short, 5'6" also somewhat old, 58 and this is my first bike. As for the scoot thing I rely on this a '03 Mustang 10th Anniversary Cobra. It pushes 500 hp.
JE
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~netdirectinc/CTAG.jpg

vetthed
1st December 2004, 18:31
Hey jagged what type of bars are they?

JaggedEdge
1st December 2004, 19:04
Hey jagged what type of bars are they?

Factory stock bars that come on the low. They come back further for a shorter reach.
JE

jimmyheadgear
1st December 2004, 20:23
I love those lowered sportys.

JaggedEdge
1st December 2004, 21:49
I wanted to get a better seat but no one makes a solo seat for the low.
I could go for the larger XL custom tank then I would have a pick of solo seats. What do you all think?
Thanks
JE

willprevale
1st December 2004, 21:58
I saw those bars in NY last week and immediately ordered them. They're somewhat a modified version of the buckhorn.

willprevale
1st December 2004, 22:03
Now that I think about it, they're a cross between the sport bar and the buckorns.

HD part # 56038-05

jimmyheadgear
2nd December 2004, 02:59
I wanted to get a better seat but no one makes a solo seat for the low.
I could go for the larger XL custom tank then I would have a pick of solo seats. What do you all think?
Thanks
JE

JE

You can use the solos, they just wont extend up to the end of the tank.

Shark Doctor
2nd December 2004, 05:06
The bars were a nice and very natural fit for me (5'11", 210) on the 883L, so I inquired about an install to my 1200R. While some lines and cables would fit and didn't need replacing, the price for the bars and "some" replacement lines damn near totalled $500 (if dealer installed)... not so much for parts, but time/labor. Still.....

Myke
6th December 2004, 17:02
I really like that passing lamp assembly, where did you find it?
Myke

JaggedEdge
7th December 2004, 20:31
I really like that passing lamp assembly, where did you find it?
Myke

They are all Harley parts
JE

Desertfox
24th December 2004, 15:26
My issue with the 883L is how to get one under the tree for my wife! She fell in love when she found she could easily set one upright and balance (she is smallish and not 'strong like bull')...

Quite a looker!!!

I've just bought my first Sportster as well. She's a 01 883 Custom. Here on the Texas Gulf Coast I've had plenty of time to road test her. Seeing how my last bike was an old K750 Honda the 883 was quite a jolt. The stump pulling torque that Harley is famous for was an awsome experience. I'm totally in love with her. AS my wife wistfully pines "If only it were another woman, at least I could compete" :) I'll probably do the conversion sometime down the road, but I'm having a blast with her right now :tour

PookaDad
24th December 2004, 16:50
That sure looks nice! I've been wanting to do something like those front lights on my sporty for a looonnng time... where'd ya get 'em?

willprevale
24th December 2004, 19:06
The bars were a nice and very natural fit for me (5'11", 210) on the 883L, so I inquired about an install to my 1200R. While some lines and cables would fit and didn't need replacing, the price for the bars and "some" replacement lines damn near totalled $500 (if dealer installed)... not so much for parts, but time/labor. Still.....

The bars are a little like the dirt track ones in that they allow for much greater leverage and control. They cost me $60.00. About an hour to change them out on 4" risers. Everything fit ok and it looks great. Total investment $60.00.

ANYTHING your stealer does will cost dearly.