PDA

View Full Version : Hoo Yeah Master Chief, rode my bike today and wow.

sportin_2007
20th December 2006, 03:11
I couldn't wipe the smile from my face today after getting this putter out for it's Stage 1 review. The power was noticeable, the V&H Exhaust was very loud and barked nicely when down shifting. The best part, no pops on decel, no farts, no sputters, and nothing but pure excilleration and excitement.

It was a bit chilly on the Deerfoot at 75-80mph while the raw temp was about 25 degree's with the wind chill, but I quickly took it back into traffic and got the thumbs up from a few riders in cages. I love the drag bars, and matching it with the forward contriols was an instant hit for me. Two words to describe the changes;

LOVE IT!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/mistersixtynine/Harley%20Pictures/3-RightRear.jpg

rharrison356
20th December 2006, 05:45
Glad you are enjoyin' your bike. I am getting ready to dyno my XL50 following my stage 1 upgrades using the SERF...currently I have power and popping and some sputtering. If I take the SERF off, it runs great, but with less power and "oomph." Hopefully we can get my smile to last! If not, I will go the reflash route like normal people (ouch, that's hard to admit!). BTW-love the drag bars.

Gone
20th December 2006, 06:06
Drag bars look tough!

obiwan
20th December 2006, 13:12
I already have the slip-ons and was going to get the V&H FuelPak. I just read someone had a 1200R and couldn't get it to fit.

So I think I'll take sportin_2007's lead and go with the SE kit & HD remap. Looks like a good result all round.

obiwan
21st December 2006, 02:12
Hey, sportin_2007, I have a question please ...

I noticed you're in Canada. Was your bike an International model? I just got off the phone with my dealer who was telling me HD haven't released any remaps for the international models yet.

He was waffling on about different O2 sensors, pipes, etc. I told him some bikes in the States had already been done by HD but he was adamant he wouldn't get any maps till maybe February. :(

I didn't tell him I'd already fitted the V&H slip-ons in case he freaked out! :wonderlan

cheers

sportin_2007
21st December 2006, 04:02
Hey, sportin_2007, I have a question please ...

I noticed you're in Canada. Was your bike an International model? I just got off the phone with my dealer who was telling me HD haven't released any remaps for the international models yet.

He was waffling on about different O2 sensors, pipes, etc. I told him some bikes in the States had already been done by HD but he was adamant he wouldn't get any maps till maybe February. :(

I didn't tell him I'd already fitted the V&H slip-ons in case he freaked out! :wonderlan

cheers

My bike would qualify as an international model I guess? The only thing different between Canadian Bikes and US Bikes is that the speedo is in Kilometers rather than MPH. (Metric vs Standard). And yes, they already have the mapping in Canada so tell your dealer to get with the program and pick up the phone. Mapping is the same no matter where the bike comes from. It's only the literature and speedo's that vary. Nothing waits till February, and neither should you. As for the ipes, you can tel them when you drive it in. The remap works awesome with V&H exhaust so don't worry.

My dealer wrote numbers on the wiring harness under the seat that connects to the ECM. This might be the map # so write this down and tell him what I suspect it is. Number appears to be 9123 followed by B4B and under that is 988R. Either might note the map they used for mine and if that is the case, it works awesome. :)

obiwan
21st December 2006, 04:23
My dealer wrote numbers on the wiring harness under the seat that connects to the ECM. This might be the map # so write this down and tell him what I suspect it is. Number appears to be 9123 followed by B4B and under that is 988R. Either might note the map they used for mine and if that is the case, it works awesome. :)
Thanks, Mate ... much appreciated.

I'll go back to the Dealer with this info and see if I can get them to pull their finger out. :laugh

rvguy
23rd December 2006, 21:16
Stage I is a beautiful thing. I was suprised at the performance boost for the time and $. Well worth it, and I like the look of your bike.

sycle1
23rd December 2006, 21:42
Sweet looking bike, very nice.
I dunno that orange colour does something too me.

sportin_2007
23rd December 2006, 22:11
Thanks guys...

I started with a stock 2007 XL50 Anniversary Edition, and quickly this bike has become a drag inspired street speedster over the past 3 weeks. Here is whats been done to date:

Stage 1 EFI A/C Kit (SE)
Stage 1 ReMap (HD)
Straight Shot Exhaust (V&H)
Forward Controls (HD)
Custom Pegs (HD)
Narrow Drag Bars (HD)
Custom Grips (HD)
Fastback Seat (Mustang)
Lay Down Plate (Karyakyn)
Chin Spoiler (HD)
Dyno Tuned (78.9 HP)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/mistersixtynine/Harley%20Pictures/Photo_122206_009-1.jpg
Low Res image taken with my phone cam yesterday as the seat was completed.

I have yet to install the lay down license plate bracket, and the Chin Spoiler is on order with (HD) from the States. I'll post some high resolution images once everything is finished up, but can offer this to sum things up. It gets a lot of thumbs up while ripping it around, and it sounds nasty as all hell for a Stage 1 bike. I might do the cams and some head work in the spring, but can't get my A$$ out of the seat right now cause this thing is so much fun to ride. Even in the sub zero weather in Western Canada.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas, and we'll see most of y'all next year!

Sportin 2007
Calgary AB Canada
XL50 Sportster #097/2000

cjburr
23rd December 2006, 22:14
Bike is great looking, glad the mods worked. Drag bars look real good and I'm with sycle1 on that color combo.