PDA

View Full Version : PCH Ride This Sunday - March 1st

el jinete fantasma
24th February 2009, 17:17
We're meeting at the the 76 Station at Sunset and PCH at 11:45 am. No water crossings, just a bunch o' bikes (mostly Sporties) on a leisurely cruise to lunch. We had such a great time last time that we're doing it every month.
Meet-Up (http://www.meetup.com/Harleys-Choppers-Bobbers-Baggers-Cruisers-Losers/calendar/9666074)
:tour

Gone
24th February 2009, 18:45
We're meeting at the the 76 Station at Sunset and PCH at 11:45 am. No water crossings, just a bunch o' bikes (mostly Sporties) on a leisurely cruise to lunch. We had such a great time last time that we're doing it every month.
Meet-Up (http://www.meetup.com/Harleys-Choppers-Bobbers-Baggers-Cruisers-Losers/calendar/9666074)

I heard PCH will be closed for maintenance this weekend between Laguna Beach and San Francisco.

bigrabo
24th February 2009, 18:49
why do you guys have to be all the way on the west coast man...............i wanna come....crap!!

el jinete fantasma
24th February 2009, 21:13
I heard PCH will be closed for maintenance this weekend between Laguna Beach and San Francisco.
Are they adding a lane for RVs?:laugh

Gone
24th February 2009, 21:25
Are they adding a lane for RVs?:laugh

Yes, and Goldwings, Fat Bobs and other road blocks :laugh

Ok, I promise to stop sabotaging your thread now. :p:laugh

Kent
24th February 2009, 21:29
I'm a maybe.
Going to the chiropractor for a followup tomorrow night.
If she can get my back in shape then I would love to.

doxbike
25th February 2009, 05:06
XLXR, are you in if we decide to make a run up from the OC?

XLXR
25th February 2009, 07:14
XLXR, are you in if we decide to make a run up from the OC?

Count me in.

doxbike
26th February 2009, 03:07
Count me in.

I'll let you know if we're gonna go.

XLXR
26th February 2009, 03:20
Count me in, if the weather is good. Where else you gonna go?

el jinete fantasma
26th February 2009, 07:09
Update... the meet has been moved up to 11am from the original noon start time.

doxbike
27th February 2009, 14:29

Sunset/PCH @ 76 station-but what city/town? for those of us behind the Orange Curtain

el jinete fantasma
27th February 2009, 16:05
Sunset/PCH @ 76 station-but what city/town? for those of us behind the Orange Curtain
Santa Monica
Should be over 20 bikes there!
See ya at 11!

Kent
27th February 2009, 17:06
Think I'm out.
Did something to my back and wound up with a compressed disk and I'm not good for any longer than 20 minutes.

Guess it's time to get a new seat.

el jinete fantasma
27th February 2009, 18:07
Think I'm out.
Did something to my back and wound up with a compressed disk and I'm not good for any longer than 20 minutes.

That's too bad... heal up soon!

XLXR
28th February 2009, 02:02
Think I'm out.

You have a lot more problems a new seat can fix. If riding makes your back worse, you better get off the bike and sell it because you will only cause more back problems in the long run. Compressed disc problems never go away, they come back sooner or later.

I work with people with chronic back problems.

I won't decide until Saturday night if I am going on Sunday. It all depends on how many things I get done before then. If I'm not there by 11, don't wait on me.

doxbike
28th February 2009, 06:25
Looks like the Orange Curtain crowd is bailin', Ed. If we're not there by 11-don't wait on us. Watch Old Topanga Cyn Rd., that's where James ate it.

glennster
1st March 2009, 04:44
doxbike and xlxr,

are you guys going?

XLXR
1st March 2009, 06:35
I'm not, my alergies are bothering me too much for that long a ride. Doxbike will be going by the gas station(s) at Ortega and I-5 at 840 am, The Chevron on Ortega side of I-5, heading for breakfast at Hell's kitchen and then deciding where to go from there.

hooptygoo
1st March 2009, 06:45
Is there an intended destination for this ride? Rock Store? Neptune's Net? I was thinking about getting on the road out of Santa Barbara for a bit tomorrow.

Oh, never mind, I just saw the link in the first post :doh

doxbike
1st March 2009, 13:56
doxbike and xlxr,

are you guys going?

Glen,

We're gonna pass on going north. As noted in XLXR's post, We'll be at one of the gas stations at the 5 and Ortega at 8:40-8:45 this morning if you want to join up.
Going to Hell's Kitchen for breakfast-some may be going on to the Hideout, some are coming back home after that

el jinete fantasma
4th March 2009, 15:34
Here (http://www.meetup.com/Harleys-Choppers-Bobbers-Baggers-Cruisers-Losers/photos/553255/)'s what you guys missed... pretty girls!

doxbike
5th March 2009, 03:45
Here (http://www.meetup.com/Harleys-Choppers-Bobbers-Baggers-Cruisers-Losers/photos/553255/)'s what you guys missed... pretty girls!

Did you drop a rose in #53? that look is totally telling!

I thought you said it was mostly Sportsters? there were a lot of bikes there that weren't girlie bikes:p

dashadow
5th March 2009, 03:50
Ed gets goofy around pretty girls. Check him in #36 too.

el jinete fantasma
5th March 2009, 15:39
curse you all... :laugh