PDA

View Full Version : Are 07 Forward Controls different to 06?

obiwan
15th January 2007, 08:48
G'day Sportster pilots,

I was enquiring about a set of forward controls on ebay for 2004-06 models, and I assumed they would fit a 2007 model.
The seller replied with the quote below.
I have been told that the 2007 models are slightly different where the shifter comes out of the primary cover. These will 'work', but are not correct for a direct bolt on.
Does anyone know what the difference is between the shifter on 07 models? Or what needs to be modified?

I wasn't planning on changing from mid-mounts, they're good around town, but after a longer ride on the weekend I think forwards will be just more comfortable.
Not interested in going down the highway peg route. I like to have the controls where my feet are.

Thanks.

EZStroke
15th January 2007, 13:39
Let me know what you find out. I have a kit that is awaiting my delivery in March. The kit is an OE Harley.

sharald
15th January 2007, 23:18
I installed forward controls on my '07 883 some time ago. It was the 06-later version and it fit perfectly. Part number is 33398-06 for polished version.

Cheers

obiwan
16th January 2007, 08:55
I installed forward controls on my '07 883 some time ago. It was the 06-later version and it fit perfectly. Part number is 33398-06 for polished version.

Cheers
Thanks. Yes, I know I can get genuine HD ones, but they're twice the price of the ones on ebay over here!

What I find strange is the HD catalogue lists 2 part numbers for 04/05 and another 2 for '06-later models.
Yet, the ones on ebay are listed as fitting all 04-06. Has anyone fitted forwards to an 07 model from ebay?

sharald
17th January 2007, 05:49
The 2 different part numbers at HD are polished vs chrome, I believe..

Look out for discounts, I managed to get my polished for $247 online when a dealer (latus-harley-davidson.com) had a discount

gzine
28th July 2009, 07:33
Anyone have a definitive answer on this topic. I am looking to try forward controls but don't want to invest too much $$ in the experiment.

I guess what i am looking for is if there is an older version or generic type that I could get to work that would be less money than buying new.
I have an 07 883xl