29th November 2004, 02:24
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh , my eyes , I think I've gone blind :spineyes

Broncodog
29th November 2004, 02:26
Sooooooo you are the anti-chrome :laugh :laugh

Moved On
29th November 2004, 02:28
love it or hate it , chrome don't get ya home
I love ratsYea, but it might get you a nice warm bed out of town.

I love rats too, reminds me a a girl named "rat lady" who used to tend bar at the Whiskey One in Potsdam :rolleyes: Damn I wish I was young again, that was a fun roadtrip :D

That's a nice bike too!!!

Gary

flathead45
29th November 2004, 02:29
I useta be such a sweet,sweet thing , til they got ahold of me
I'd open doors for little old lady, I taught the blind to see

barry1967
29th November 2004, 02:30
My friend had a 94 sporty that looked kinda like that. He used to go off roading and everthing. The only time he would clean the dirt off the engine was when the fins got clogged.

bud095
29th November 2004, 03:22
im in love with it man!

cobra0478
29th November 2004, 04:09
If Billy rode that-----------Well people would just know.

collinsb
29th November 2004, 06:47
I don't understand how a bike starts and runs with no chrome! It must have something to do with physics! I like a bike that shines in the young ladies eyes. It makes them turn their heads to get a better look at my bike and me on it. Sometimes I blow them kisses as I ride by. They squeal with delight!
[/IMG]

stevo
29th November 2004, 11:51
If ya luv chrome...then your'e a chromeasexual....and I ain't no chromeasexual

sportsterrific
29th November 2004, 16:21
I am a proud chromosexual. Please don't shun me because I'm different!

IronMick
29th November 2004, 23:35
THAT is my idea of a REAL motorcycle. Those chrome things may attract pretty girls, but THAT bike will draw the attention of real women. Not girls, not ladies, but women. Like what a real man would want. A man's bike. Ya. It's not dirty, it's black! Twist the throttle, create a little disturbance, eh?

Luckymic
30th November 2004, 01:32
Chrome slut here, but I can dig it.

Broncodog
30th November 2004, 02:51
Don't ya know that the shine of the chrome makes the air molecules slide right off the bike as ya fly down the road? areodynamicly speaking ofcourse :smoke .....................or maybe not :rolleyes:

barry1967
30th November 2004, 02:58
Ya ya that's the ticket. Super sliperous equals maximus wind breakakis.

Damn, wheres my foil cap.....er uh jock strap

Moved On
30th November 2004, 03:01
Don't ya know that the shine of the chrome makes the air molecules slide right off the bike as ya fly down the road? areodynamicly speaking ofcourse :smoke .....................or maybe not :rolleyes:Yea, but if you really want the air molecules to slip off, you need a good solid coating of leaked oil all over the bike. Now thats slippery and really aerodynamic :tour

Watch out for Barry... I can see him now coating his aluminum foil jockstrap with a good thick coating of KY jelly :yikes Stay behind Barry if you see him coming toward ya.

Gary

collinsb
30th November 2004, 03:07
Don't ya know that the shine of the chrome makes the air molecules slide right off the bike as ya fly down the road? areodynamicly speaking ofcourse :smoke .....................or maybe not :rolleyes:

I agree, and it is an undisputable scientific fact that chrome bikes are faster than non-chrome bikes. So, since it is undisputable, don't nobody be disputing it!
Billy

barry1967
30th November 2004, 03:09
:cloudmad Don't rain on my parade man. I didn't complain about the "gauze" when your got your menstro-cycle :wifemad now did I. Besides, if Burt Reynolds can cover himself with vaseline, what's wrong with a little KY. :toungelau

Moved On
30th November 2004, 03:09
I agree, and it is an undisputable scientific fact that chrome bikes are faster than non-chrome bikes. So, since it is undisputable, don't nobody be disputing it!
BillySorry Billy I won't dispute that again. Please accept my apologies :sorrysign

:cloudmad Don't rain on my parade man. I didn't complain about the "gauze" when your got your menstro-cycle :wifemad now did I. Besides, if Burt Reynolds can cover himself with vaseline, what's wrong with a little KY. :toungelau :lmaorof

I didn't know Bert covered himself in vaseline, that explains what he does in his free time when he's not taking care of the website :eek:

Gary

XLCH/XLS
29th January 2009, 11:51
Mite Not Git U Home ,but It Will Git U Laid

Uneasy Rider
29th January 2009, 15:43
http://www.ironharley.com/yourbikes/ape02.jpg

love it or hate it , chrome don't get ya home

I love rats

First off, My chrome gets me home every night.

Secondly ever seen a female in a jewelery store?

They were all trout in thier past lives

and tend to strike at things shiney as they pass by :banana

Secondly

"rats" are a gold chainer invention of the 90s, wanting to make new wheels look old. In fact any "rat" would have been hauled away by the man for not being streetable back in the day.

Tin Man 2
29th January 2009, 15:51
I don't understand how a bike starts and runs with no chrome! It must have something to do with physics! I like a bike that shines in the young ladies eyes. It makes them turn their heads to get a better look at my bike and me on it. Sometimes I blow them kisses as I ride by. They squeal with delight! [/IMG] Man you got to stay away from the school yard, The penaltys are Extream !!:laugh:laugh:laugh

Gone
29th January 2009, 15:56
My uncle, the hot rodder, once told me "...if it don't go, chrome it ..."

flathead45
29th January 2009, 16:04

Secondly

"rats" are a gold chainer invention of the 90s, wanting to make new wheels look old. In fact any "rat" would have been hauled away by the man for not being streetable back in the day.
I think the real meaning of this thread is lost without the image I posted, note the date of this thread (2004) the image has been lost in cyberspace forever

dtzblnd
29th January 2009, 16:07

Wow...maybe you should re-read Mr. Mick's post ;)

[QUOTE=IronMick;4470]THAT is my idea of a REAL motorcycle. Those chrome things may attract pretty girls, but THAT bike will draw the attention of real women. Not girls, not ladies, but women. Like what a real man would want. A man's bike. Ya. It's not dirty, it's black! Twist the throttle, create a little disturbance, eh?

IronMick, you are my hero. I could not have said it better myself. :clap

Except: why do we have to choose between being pretty and being real?

flathead45
29th January 2009, 16:09
IronMick, you are my hero. I could not have said it better myself. :clap

Except: why do we have to choose between being pretty and being real?
you don't...

be real pretty :p

nh roads
29th January 2009, 16:25
I had found this picture at one time.
Not sure I'll keep it in my gallery for long though, so it may be gone tomorrow.

http://xlforum.net/photopost/watermark.php?file=36937

flathead45
29th January 2009, 16:32
that was the counter point pic :p

mine was a nice tastefull rat sporty

vampyre
29th January 2009, 18:30
Yea, but it might get you a nice warm bed out of town.

I love rats too, reminds me a a girl named "rat lady" who used to tend bar at the Whiskey One in Potsdam :rolleyes: Damn I wish I was young again, that was a fun roadtrip :D

That's a nice bike too!!!

Gary

lol thats great i live in potsdam . The whiskey one is long gone but im still here :banana

chromefreek
30th January 2009, 04:47
chrome dont get you home, it gets you and her home. dont be hatin. my bike aint slow neither. .20 over w/ a mikuni & drags. sounds like a thunderstorm. i wouldnt have it any other way. check out my gallery. under $4000 in it.

CaptCaveman
31st January 2009, 17:25
Any time polishing anything is time spent not riding and don't let people fool you with the arguement that it's winter so polish it. Once its shiny you hafta keep it shiny so precious summer riding time is wasted polishing. All my metal is protected by a thin coat of engine oil. When I throw my leg over my bike and touch start button it lights off and goes, any time spent on the bike is on making it run better, anything else is wasted time and energy. :tour

flathead45
31st January 2009, 22:54
http://www.bikemenu.com/photos/ratbikes/010.jpg

I think this was the first pic

Gone
31st January 2009, 23:32
Any time polishing anything is time spent not riding and don't let people fool you with the arguement that it's winter so polish it. Once its shiny you hafta keep it shiny so precious summer riding time is wasted polishing. All my metal is protected by a thin coat of engine oil. When I throw my leg over my bike and touch start button it lights off and goes, any time spent on the bike is on making it run better, anything else is wasted time and energy. :tour
it goes like this, ride when u can, polish and clean when u can't ride, like when its 9 degress and a foot of snow. if u live in a warm climate thats one thing, but here in the great white cold north riding in the winter is not an option. some hardcores do till dec, but i doubt any of them throw their leg over the bike and "touch" the starter button.:smoke

biker.boy.82
22nd March 2009, 07:01
Chrome is the devil on parts !!!! try using a chrome axle and putting it through wheel bearings ... its a bitch cuz they chromed that axle and didn't compensate what it will add to the thickness of the axle .... What were they thinking !!!

Ridgerunner
22nd March 2009, 17:37
Not a big fan of chrome but the open foam and ductape seat and the used tire and particle board saddle bags have to go.but i guess I still have a big redkneck streak in me because i kinda dig the beer can pipe tips....now if they were both the same brand....:rolleyes:

Rob Wold
22nd March 2009, 22:00
I origanally built my bike with the intention of riding it to daytona on a short schedule and budget and self built it came out good. No extra chrome stuff and only what it needed to gooooooo. I did not get to ride to daytona but the respect for anyone who does NOT have to spend hundreds on shiny stuff is large. I thank you flathead for having your bike just the way it is.