PDA

View Full Version : how to clean black engine cases

nailhead
29th November 2004, 05:18
My 1200C has black engine cases that spot very easily after riding in the rain. Is there a good product available that will restore that new look??

Turbota
29th November 2004, 07:13
S-100 ENGINE BRIGHTENER

Brings back dull, once-black paint, plastic and rubber to a factory-new look. Advanced technology lets Engine Brightener bond to a surface as it heats up instead of breaking down like conventional "protectents". May be applied to black-painted engine cylinders and cases, cables, rubber hoses, plastic components and virtually any other surface that has lost its gloss and original color. (4.5oz can)

P/N 045-SM19200A
$7.95
http://www.instantop.com/CyclePage/S100.htm

May be avail. from the Harley Stealer ... Not sure

collinsb
29th November 2004, 07:30
S-100 ENGINE BRIGHTENER Brings back dull, once-black paint, plastic and rubber to a factory-new look. Advanced technology lets Engine Brightener bond to a surface as it heats up instead of breaking down like conventional "protectents". May be applied to black-painted engine cylinders and cases, cables, rubber hoses, plastic components and virtually any other surface that has lost its gloss and original color. (4.5oz can)

Turbota, I'll be trying those S100 products soon! Thanks for steering us onto that

Turbota
29th November 2004, 14:24
Your welcome ... :)

I havent tried it on my black cylinders yet, but from everything I have heard, it's the only product that really makes them look newly painted again.

Let us know how it works.

Ron,

jsub
29th November 2004, 18:24
Are we talking about the rough black power coated surface? Any cloth I try just gets snagged. I am afraid if I use the wrong cleaning solution it may leave residue or spots that I can't get cleaned off.

Turbota
1st December 2004, 04:49
Are we talking about the rough black power coated surface? Any cloth I try just gets snagged. I am afraid if I use the wrong cleaning solution it may leave residue or spots that I can't get cleaned off.

Supposidly it works very good on those rough black powdered coated cylinders. That's what my bike has too. Mine don't look bad, but they look more of a slight grayish black than the real pure black color they were before.

I sure am thinking about trying that stuff.

nailhead
2nd December 2004, 02:01
Turbota, thanks for your info on the S-100 eng.brightener. I will try it this week. My CS tapered slipons finally came in so I will use the cleaner after the muffler install.