PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Tank Vent

IronMick
24th March 2005, 00:58
Ran the iron for 20 minutes or so yesterday, warming it up for a compression test. After i shut it down i could hear a hissing sound. It was the fuel tank sucking air around the cap. Removed the cap, hissing stopped.

It is a King tank. Is it supposed to be vented somewhere? Did they plug the vent when they lined the tank? Should i get a vented gas cap?

Thanx in advance.

rottenralph
24th March 2005, 01:22
Vented cap is the cheap fix. Make sure vent hose is not pinched.

IronMick
24th March 2005, 03:46
... Make sure vent hose is not pinched.

I don't see a vent hose anywhere. Just the fuel valve. Nothing else. Ya, i too am thinking a vented cap.

Bikerdude
24th March 2005, 06:51
....Mick......I installed a 4.5gal Paughco tank last fall. It does NOT have a vent line like my 2.2gal stock did. Research showed me that many aftermarket tanks do not have it. BUT, they should either inform u of the need for "vented cap" or have a vented cap on it. Mine came with a vented cap.
I can't tell ya how nice it is now that my distance range has doubled at minimum!! Know I can stop when I "want" to and not cuz I "had" to.

Good Luck Bro~

XLFREAK
24th March 2005, 11:47
Mick Buddy, you need a vented cap.

ShadowViper
24th March 2005, 19:26
yea mick I am right along with them you need a vented cap. Just think of all the nice vapor locks you will get if we ever get good weather lol