PDA

View Full Version : Trak-Tek no longer a supporting vendor

bplinson
2nd February 2007, 22:17
I would like to announce that Trak-Tek is no longer a supporting vendor of The XL Forum.

I have made the decision to drop their support and advetising after numerous complaints that they no longer communicate and items that have been ordered are not received.

Many of you went through this about six months ago and we finally got in touch with Chris and all problems were ironed out. This, though, is the second time that he has gone AWOL and I can no longer, in good faith, accept advertisement from him while at the same time knowing that XL Forum members are not being provided the very best in products and customer support.

I apologize to everyone who has a frustrated order with Trak-Tek and I hope that you receive your orders soon.

cgp-1200R
2nd February 2007, 22:24
Thanks for watching out for us Bert

flag888
2nd February 2007, 22:30
Thats a shame. I had nothing but good dealings with him, and I thought the products were top notch and Chris always got back to me almost instantly with any questions I had.
Too bad.

klown
2nd February 2007, 22:33
:clap It's good knowing that a supporting vendor is held to a higher, classier standard. Thanks again Bert :smoke

c pierce
2nd February 2007, 22:37
Thanks for the heads up bert.

R Ride
2nd February 2007, 22:45
Thanks for watching out for us Bert

Ditto.. :clap

CBAS5
2nd February 2007, 22:52
It's sad to know that trak-tek was dropped because when I dealed with Chris I always received top notch customer service. However, I have known others that claim that they haven't.

What I have to say though; is it's great that you are looking out for our best interests. I know that a gold supporting vendor brings the forum money. I would say it takes courage and ethics to drop a vendor in such circumstances and you are obviously looking out for us. Thanks Bert. :clap

tim4hire
2nd February 2007, 23:15
Thanks Bert for taking a moral stand for us the forum members.
And being our representative to the supporting vendors (thanks vendors!) Your dealings and actions have been fair reasonable and even handed for both groups.

Dubfire
2nd February 2007, 23:18
I have also had good service from Chris at Trak Tek and am sorry that the company has been dropped. For whatever reason it would appear that not everyone had the same experience as myself so I am sure the decision is justified. Thanks Bert.

jamman
2nd February 2007, 23:19
Well I recently contacted him about a item for my Dyna, he replied once , I asked yet another question , that went un answered after a week I went elsewhere...
I too agree, Thanks Bert, for not selling out.........

snowman
3rd February 2007, 00:13
Like the rest, I like Chris and the products he had. Couldn't understand the customer service issues though.
Thanks for watching out for us, Bert...........:( :( :(

stevo
3rd February 2007, 00:47
I think we all have times in our life where it gets on top of us..

Unortunately in business one has to conduct it in a profesional manner, no matter how much the personal stuff gets to us..

Dropping in to an internet cafe and leaving us a post sayng "sorry, I'm gonna be down for a while" or ringing one of his previous customers up and asking them to post would have helped.

Hopefully Chris can get things back in order...

XL O.C.D.
3rd February 2007, 00:56
Thanks for putting our interests above website profit.

KLMS
3rd February 2007, 01:01
I, too bought from Chris, with excellant service. Did anyone talk with him about the problems?

Joe Dirt
3rd February 2007, 01:02
Thanks Bert.

I do hope all the best to Chris and whatever is going on. I only ordered once from him, and had zero problems, and hope to again if he gets things worked out.

CustomBlue
3rd February 2007, 01:05
I got a good price on shocks/springs from Quack/Tec,BUT,Chris lied to me 3 times repeatedly stating my shocks would be shipped out in a couple days.3 and 1/2 weeks later I receieved them.I don't care for any vendor whoes word isn't worth spit!

lagerdrinker
3rd February 2007, 01:07
never had a problem dealing with chris. walked me through some of my wheel building steps over phone and pm's.

GOTWA
3rd February 2007, 01:42
I know it was a call you'd rather not have to of made Bert but for what it is worth I personally believe it was the right one and that you were far more patient than I would have been.

:tour

Terp84Alum
3rd February 2007, 02:13
I just hope the guy is ok. That's far more important than any business or part that I may be waiting for.

Brownie
3rd February 2007, 02:18
Thanks, Bert

NRHS Sales
3rd February 2007, 02:20
Just FYI,
NRHS is a dealer for most of the same items sold by trac-tech. I can get Progressive shocks and springs, Russell and several others braking components, etc. Just let me know if you are in need of items such as these and i will do what I can to give you a fair price.

Moved On
3rd February 2007, 02:33
Good call Bert, I'm glad you made it even though Chris has been a good friend in the past and hope he comes around again, you have to seperate friendship from buisness at times. I'm even happier that you've held high standards in your buisness approach. I know of another forum (I won't say it's ChopperWeb) that took a supporting vendorship from ACM right after all the ACM crap was flying around the web, then they started locking down the threads that were slamming the guy... hardly a forum where the admins watch out for the best interests of their members like you do Bert.

Gazza

KC_Sportster
3rd February 2007, 02:37
I'd like to echo thanks for watching out for us, Bert. I had great service from Chris last year and wish everyone here could have had the same experience before things went awry.

johnnybgood
3rd February 2007, 03:09
I just hope the guy is ok.

That's my sentiments........Chris is (was) a standup guy that has probably spread himself a little thin.

About 2 weeks after I ordered and received my 412's from him, I received another pair (don't know if they were 412's, or better, as I never opened the box) in the mail. Contacted him, sent shocks back (he reimbursed me for shipping) and he then shipped me a free pair of front springs after I insisted it wasn't neccessary.............not many people would do that.

Having said that, Bert, you have to do what you have to do and I respect that.............. sad it had to come to this.

John

Shark Doctor
3rd February 2007, 03:14
I think this is a sad day in so many ways. Chris was very helpful to many of us, myself included, with his advice and competitive pricing. Many of us were very well-served. But, regrettably, I also support Bert's decision. I'm sorry many of our members have to be deprived of a vendor who served us well initially, but who could not maintain the level of customer service that we expect from our supporting vendors.

Thanks to Chris for the positive transactions of the past, and thanks to Bert for maintaining the level of quality and service that come from management with integrity.

-Jeff

melcheld
3rd February 2007, 03:18
LOL. Did somebody die? Just an FYI- you can still order things from Trak-Tek:doh

Paulie420
3rd February 2007, 05:48
Thanks for keeping the XLF standard high. Thats why this place is so badass. Everything here can be trusted.

XLFREAK
3rd February 2007, 06:30
Now, who of us can throw stones. With patience, and good effort in communication, can solve most issues. Don't be too quick to judge!

Gone
3rd February 2007, 08:43
I've had nothing but good encounters with Trak-tek. Sometimes it took time or I wouldn't know what happened to my order, then it shows up on the door step. Sorta nice surprise.

I think the seeming disappearance of personal is due to the extremely small company size. In fact, I believe Chris is the sole person of Trak-tek. Maybe another helps, but I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that it's ONLY him.

I also heard He's been going through some tough times this last year, which accounts for his lack of response. He's a good guy and has helped me with several purchases. Just give him some time to work things out and i'm sure he'll be back.

I just hope he's okay...

tonyhds
3rd February 2007, 16:55
Hard times or not, there is no excuse for poor/no communication.
That is no way to run a business, it takes 1 min, to drop a line.
I support Berts decision, this has gone on before.
He made his own bed, I don't feel sorry for him.

Ranger Bob
3rd February 2007, 17:36
good effort in communication, can solve most issues.

<- I would just add "Except for lawyers..." :bump

jwb47
3rd February 2007, 17:39
well Im sorry to hear it had to come to this, but as a buisness owner I know how you treat your customers is the difference in keeping the door open or losing your butt. I get the majority of my work from word of mouth .
thanks for sticking to your guns bert . this is the best place on the net for sportster info and its nice to know the people who advertise here are top notch.

Paulie420
3rd February 2007, 19:41
I've had nothing but good encounters with Trak-tek. Sometimes it took time or I wouldn't know what happened to my order, then it shows up on the door step. Sorta nice surprise.

I think the seeming disappearance of personal is due to the extremely small company size. In fact, I believe Chris is the sole person of Trak-tek. Maybe another helps, but I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that it's ONLY him.

I also heard He's been going through some tough times this last year, which accounts for his lack of response. He's a good guy and has helped me with several purchases. Just give him some time to work things out and i'm sure he'll be back.

I just hope he's okay...

whoopdy doo.

if you recieve $100+ dollars from me i expect it to be sent the same day, OR some great responses when questions are asked.

'sorta nice surprise' ?? how bout 'this shit finally came you *&@^$#(&^@#(*$'.....

Lone Wolf in Canada
3rd February 2007, 19:56
You had to do it Bert. Business is won or lost with customer contact. I'm sorry for Chris last time this happened and his mother was sick, but, it's happened once before, like others said, why doesn't Chris have someone sit in his seat and answer emails.
You wouldn't buy a car if it was unreliable! Thanx for letting us know.

Gone
3rd February 2007, 20:33
And Chris had some of the neat stuff too............
I guess one has to wonder why, if a "one man" enterprise is so swamped, they can't afford to hire one, part-time employee to help package mail-orders and answer e-mails. A lot of high-school kids would eat up a chance to do that for 2 hours a day, after school.

opiewontaylor
3rd February 2007, 21:23
I ordered a chain conversion kit from Trak Tek last summer. My credit card was charged immediately, and a month later Chris admitted he couldn't get the product. He did refund my money, but I kept getting assurances it would ship any day. Yes, Chris is a real nice guy, but Trak Tek's service seems to be "spotty" at best.

Gone
4th February 2007, 17:32
'sorta nice surprise' ?? how bout 'this shit finally came you *&@^$#(&^@#(*$'.....

I placed my order and was charged, then after a few days I emailed him back and asked where my package was and it was delivered that day. He didn't keep me up to date on tracking numbers or anything, but everything i've ordered came in very respectable time. Two pairs of shocks, a steering damper, and some advice on shock length selection.

I truely hope he is alright. He's a good guy and a wealth of knowledge. It's sad to see his business suffer because of this, but it happens. I hate to say this, but I have a feeling something has happened and he is unable to get things accomplished.

In regards to the chain conversion... he's been having a lot of problems with quality from his suppliers. If you read his site, it says he's been having issues with those kits and that they won't be available till something better comes along.

"Chain kit sales are suspended temporarily.Our sprocket suppliers have been having some quality problems lately. We're re-grouping, and we're going to take another run at the sprocket problem. Stay tuned" - Trak-tek.com

He's had this message posted for several months. He's at the mercy of the suppliers. If they keep giving him the run around, it's hard for him to be reliable because he doesn't know what to expect. Sometimes you don't have a choice on where your products come from because only one company makes appropriate parts.

papas
4th February 2007, 17:57
I musta got in just under the wire.....

I ordered Suppertrapp 2/1's and Progressives (front and rear) from Chris after a couple real informative phone calls and got 'em FAST. This was right after Xmas.....

I did drop him a couple emails recently that have gone un-answered.

too bad for Chris. he seems like a great guy.

oilwell....

steve
'06 883R