PDA

View Full Version : XL50 handlebars

Dana
23rd February 2007, 02:58
Has anyone besides us had an issue with the stock XL50 handlebars being uncomfortably wide? When my wife turns she could barely reach the end of the bar. We bought a handlebar for an '07 883. It's slightly higher rise and is about 2 1/2 inches more pullback and over 3 inches shorter width.
Made riding the bike way better and more comfortable.
The only issue was the front brake line won't go back in the bracket on the back of the tripletree but I can live with that until I get a longer one.
Dana

Merritt
23rd February 2007, 14:04
We had ours changed at the dealer prior to delivery with the 07 883 low and brake line. All the bike needed was that and the reach seat now my wife sits comfortable and flat footed.

obiwan
23rd February 2007, 14:20
I liked the wide bars on the XL50, but then I've got long arms. I did adjust them back about an inch or two, so they're lower. Much more comfortable. The only issue I found with the width was trying to filter through lines of traffic at the lights. They make it a bit awkward to lane-split.

Bill2
23rd February 2007, 15:33
The only bad thing about using the 883 bars is they bring the mirrows in to close where its hard to see behind you.

sportsterrific
23rd February 2007, 17:15
Funny, the bars were one of the things I really liked about my XL50- they fit me perfectly. Besides, new bars a cheap and the swap is pretty easy, so it shouldn't be a huge issue to fix the problem.

Dana
24th February 2007, 01:47
The only bad thing about using the 883 bars is they bring the mirrows in to close where its hard to see behind you.

True That!!
But much more comfortable for us.
Dana