PDA

View Full Version : question about the buckhorn kit

rickxx
28th March 2005, 02:10
greetings. does anyone know why the buckhorn kit the company sells (part nbr 56078-96A) won't fit 99-03 883xl customs? my girlfriend wants buckhorns on her 02 custom and we thought this kit might be a good way to get everything at once. if anyone knows, some help would be appreciated. thanks.

barry1967
28th March 2005, 02:39
According to the after market availability, custom chrome. The parts should all fit. Check for yourself though.

Beltfed
5th October 2007, 22:02
OK So this threads like two years old and instead of starting a new thread with the same topic, does anyone have any more information on this or first hand experience?

Beltfed
3rd February 2008, 05:26
Nobody knows? :geek

OK So one reason that I'm thinking that it might not work is because of the riser on the Custom model. Maybe the cables they include aren't long enough for the riser?

Bill2
3rd February 2008, 05:45
If that the reason and its all i can see just buy everything separate.

darth
3rd February 2008, 05:46
My guess would be that the cables would not be long enough, and also the swithch wiring would be too short.

:frownthre:frownthre:frownthre

redneck-rider
3rd February 2008, 06:10
Well i had the buckhorns on my old 99 sporty and put them in the trash, they mad my back hurt and they put you in a stange way to ride,bike handle strange didnt like them, if you allready have them let her ride it to see if she likes it, they where the worst bars iv ever had in my life