PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else up here?

AKsavage
2nd April 2007, 06:55
I can't be the only one here in Alaska, I thought someone lived in Palmer. Anyways, there is alot of nice riding to be had here it's just way to short of a riding season. It helps having almost 24 hours of daylight in late June, really easy to lose track of time. So if your up here or coming up on your bike drop me a line, I'll show you around a little bit. If I'm not working, summers are busy up here.

Clarinetcat
2nd April 2007, 12:01
Don't know if anyone else is up there, but maybe you and Red can hook up sometime in July:

Red rides to Alaska.... July 2007..... (http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=42846)

AKsavage
15th April 2007, 04:33
Thanks 'cat, but I don't think there coming down to Anchorage. In the summer I work 6/10s, so I don't think I'll make it up that far north.

murphyslaw
18th April 2008, 04:45
I'm in anchorage. I know a few others as well.....

goinsideways136
1st September 2008, 10:21
im in wasilla drop me a pm if you want to meet and ride

srrice40
2nd September 2008, 19:09
I live up in Wasilla too. I think I saw you sunday, in Palmer, I was over in the Fred Meyer parking lot taking a break and drinking some coffee. I was just getting ready to go up the Glenn Highway. I saw another nightster up there right around the same time. I have the blue 883 xlh.

goinsideways136
3rd September 2008, 03:19
I live up in Wasilla too. I think I saw you sunday, in Palmer, I was over in the Fred Meyer parking lot taking a break and drinking some coffee. I was just getting ready to go up the Glenn Highway. I saw another nightster up there right around the same time. I have the blue 883 xlh.

haha that was definetly me you saw. i was testing out my new seat and fender. was i wearing a gray beanie and black leather jacket with american flag on the back? hit me up if you want to ride im ALWAYS down to ride. all my riding buddys live in anchorage so if i want to ride i have to ride down the crappy rutted highway.id love to just cruise around the valley.:D

srrice40
4th September 2008, 01:44
haha that was definetly me you saw. i was testing out my new seat and fender. was i wearing a gray beanie and black leather jacket with american flag on the back? hit me up if you want to ride im ALWAYS down to ride. all my riding buddys live in anchorage so if i want to ride i have to ride down the crappy rutted highway.id love to just cruise around the valley.:D

Far out man! sounds good to me. I hate going down to Anchorage too, it totally blows, I have go down there for work, that is enough. I like the Glenn Hwy going North, it reminds me alot of Rt 14 down in Washington, where I used to ride all of the time. the only thing good about going down towards Anchorage is, I get to terrorize the Baggers hee-hee. If the weather holds up we outta do a ride this weekend. let me know.

XLFREAK
29th November 2008, 20:38
Im up here, but across from Homer. I have 3 riding friends where we try to ride together every week. 1 ducati, one honda, and another sportster.

goinsideways136
30th November 2008, 02:02
Im up here, but across from Homer. I have 3 riding friends where we try to ride together every week. 1 ducati, one honda, and another sportster.

during the summer i make many trips down to swerd and homer. its my favorite ride. also my buddy has an ocean boat and we go halibut and salmon fishing down there. ill hit you up summer time.

murphyslaw
17th January 2009, 11:10
With this warm weather, if the roads were clear I would be riding......

XLFREAK
17th January 2009, 17:39
Mostly covered in ice and sand down here on the bottom of the Peninsula, or I would be out trying out my new windshield

murphyslaw
28th January 2009, 12:33
I am starting to get the ITCH, I'm pissing of my co workers, cause I'm always bitching about how long winter is. BLAH BLAH BLAH...........

Going to pull the bike in the garage from the shed this week and do some tinkering. Install the road king air shocks. Install the EFI stator. Install some better running lights, Change out the tour pack bracket, Install the HID kit.

MAN oh MAN so much to do, wish it was spring so I could ride the dang thing.....

goinsideways136
29th January 2009, 09:40
hey guys anyone going to the bike show march 22nd at the eagen center i might be entering my bike because there is nothing better to do. let me know and maybe all us xlforum guys can kick it and get a beer.

murphyslaw
29th January 2009, 10:14
if im not working I will be there

murphyslaw
19th February 2009, 12:33
I'm bored right now. gerrrrr

murphyslaw
23rd March 2009, 08:19
just when it was almost safe to pull out the bike, we get what?

7" of SNOW

im tired og this shiat.........

goinsideways136
23rd March 2009, 10:42
just when it was almost safe to pull out the bike, we get what?

7" of SNOW

im tired og this shiat.........

me too! to the rest of the majority of the lower states its spring. its 18 and snowing here....:frownthre

murphyslaw
6th April 2009, 03:00
so I am in Seward this week and I have seen two XL's running about town. made me wish i had ridden mine down here.

goinsideways136
6th April 2009, 03:08
yea i just bought some heated glove inserts and have been loving it! i have about 200 miles on the bike this year so far

murphyslaw
8th April 2009, 03:09
Just spun 'er around for the first 5 miles of the season.

all winter I have been driving my truck to make my bike payment, today I got to Ride my bike to make my truck payment.

AHHHH it feels SSSSOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD.

murphyslaw
13th April 2009, 05:27
been Riding every day since last Tuesday. Cold or not its hella fun.

Forgot how much I missed my bike.

Washed up all the leather gear, going over it all with some leather balsam. Got my chaps done, got my jacket done. Working on the bags now.

goinsideways136
13th April 2009, 07:46
been Riding every day since last Tuesday. Cold or not its hella fun.

Forgot how much I missed my bike.

Washed up all the leather gear, going over it all with some leather balsam. Got my chaps done, got my jacket done. Working on the bags now.

my jacket is so dirty it doesnt even look like leather! its f'in snowing right now! today was a great day to ride rode to girdwood. we will have to meet up and go for a ride.

murphyslaw
13th April 2009, 08:16
I have wiped off my headlight 5-6 times now. I saw the snow, I hope this means that was the mid april(last) storm for the summer.

I am suposed to have mon.-wed off. but I have to go into the office for a while in the morning, might have to go to pt. mac. tomorrow night. and I never really know when the phone is going to ring.

but hey, sometimes I am so important. I just cant hear my phone........

murphyslaw
24th April 2009, 04:42
Common people, in the past week and a half I have put almost 300miles on my bike.

I have seen lots of bikes on the road.

Getting paid to ride is sweet. Had to run out to whittier(before the slide) and to port mac, all on the clock.

Looking at needing to go to seward next week and possibly valdez.

goinsideways136
24th April 2009, 05:00
Common people, in the past week and a half I have put almost 300miles on my bike.

I have seen lots of bikes on the road.

Getting paid to ride is sweet. Had to run out to whittier(before the slide) and to port mac, all on the clock.

Looking at needing to go to seward next week and possibly valdez.

sweet dude! i was thinking about riding to soldotna tomarrow and back just for the hell of it...

murphyslaw
25th April 2009, 11:29
I call that the dairy Queen run.

murphyslaw
4th May 2009, 20:02
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/anchorage/story/782341.html

This had me stuck in traffic for over 2hrs last night.

Bad news, I wasn't on the sporty

Good news, the Girlfriend kept me occupied.

murphyslaw
15th May 2009, 05:09
guess the lack of post on the board, means you are all out on the road. Living it up.........

mooreman21
9th June 2009, 22:30
so i gotta ask you guys that are already up in the great white north... i am getting ready to be shipped to ft wainwright and was wondering if i need to do anything special to the bike to get her ready?

goinsideways136
10th June 2009, 02:32
so i gotta ask you guys that are already up in the great white north... i am getting ready to be shipped to ft wainwright and was wondering if i need to do anything special to the bike to get her ready?

I would recommend getting some heated gloves for the spring and fall up here. besides that it gets pretty warm up north in the summer. bring bug repellent!:D and welcome from anchorage!

mooreman21
10th June 2009, 15:43
ok, so heated gloves are going on my list. anything else?

murphyslaw
15th June 2009, 08:12
Gerbing heated insoles.

Other then that, business as usual.

srrice40
15th June 2009, 09:21
I would definitely go in for some heated gloves for spring and fall. the weather up here has been unbelievable the last couple of weeks, high in the upper 60's low 70's every day, had a couple of rainy days not much though, I have been riding as much as possible, when she is not down and complaining. go luck and welcome to Alaska!
anything else, layers, layer your clothing in the spring and fall, it will be down right cold in the mornings, any where around 30 to 40. I always put on a hoodie with my jacket in the morning and thicker gloves, by the time I get off work it's much warmer. Oh since we have such a short riding season, we usually work on our bikes in the winter, atleast I know Tom and I do. I have a heated garage, so I am always down there on the weekends cutting on something LOL.

goinsideways136
15th June 2009, 14:31
hey if anyone is interested im thinking of riding down to either homer or sewerd this coming weekend to camp out. the salty dawg is calling my name in homer.....

let me know if anyone wants to go or ride part way

tom

goinsideways136
17th July 2009, 09:20
again, i will be riding to homer with my buddy travis (a tech at the anchorage shop) and my other buddy on his nightster. if anyone wants to go we will be leaving around 6:00 pm saturday the 18th. we will be camping out saturday and sunday night! nothing like a pack of sportys roaring to homer!

Hagen
21st July 2009, 07:58
Uggg got 41 days left in Iraq, freakin killin me. I wanna get back and ride. How is the weather looking in Fairbanks at the moment? Anyone have any idea when the first snow might be comming?

Ak-kronic
25th July 2009, 19:36
What's up AK RIDERS!!!!!!! I live in Slowdotna.........hit me up if you're passin through

907 4 Ever!!!!!

Hagen
28th July 2009, 06:07
Anything going on in the month of september? Well if its not snowing that is.

34 days.....

mooreman21
23rd April 2010, 18:26
Well, supposed to be 43 and sunny today in Anchorage... who else is thinking about getting out?

wiso_67
15th July 2010, 06:17
Up in fairbanks/ north pole getting my 1200 xl flashed next week and planning to go for a nice ride, anyone esle this far north? shoot me a pm