PDA

View Full Version : Where to Meet??? NJ XL Forum Run

acenorm
3rd April 2007, 14:49
Here is a poll to to decide where to meet.
I haven't heard anything about the Hedger House, so I can only go by what the people here are saying, but if people would feel more comfortable meeting somewhere else, that is fine. The ride is to have a good time and meet one another. So without further ado, please place your vote, and if you have another suggestion, please make it.

Best Regards,
Norm

johnnybgood
4th April 2007, 01:35
I don't understand what the whole deal is with the Hedger House. Been reading some negative things about it lately and don't quite get it. If we all meet up there are we gonna' get shot or what?........I doubt it.

John

66impala
4th April 2007, 02:54
New Jersey isnt my stomping grounds, so it doesnt make a differnece to me. Those coming from other states will need a definate spot to go to.

Whats wrong with the hedger house, I only want to meet up with everyone. Get a sandwich or wings, even a dive can put that together.

Only other imput I have, is my wife is going to want to sit down and take a break. Eating at wawa doesnt bother me but she isnt going to be happy.

kodekitten
4th April 2007, 04:19
Here is a poll to to decide where to meet.
I haven't heard anything about the Hedger House, so I can only go by what the people here are saying, but if people would feel more comfortable meeting somewhere else, that is fine. The ride is to have a good time and meet one another. So without further ado, please place your vote, and if you have another suggestion, please make it.

Best Regards,
Norm

I don't understand what the whole deal is with the Hedger House. Been reading some negative things about it lately and don't quite get it. If we all meet up there are we gonna' get shot or what?........I doubt it.

John

Can you post a thread where people are saying negative stuff about the Hedger House? I'm curious what you're referring to.

Brad
4th April 2007, 04:29
Can you post a thread where people are saying negative stuff about the Hedger House? I'm curious what you're referring to.

Here is a post:
http://www.xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showpost.php?p=665551&postcount=56

and the parent thread:
http://www.xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=47543

Google search at the bottom ROCKS~!

kodekitten
4th April 2007, 04:35
Oh! Thanks 883. I had read that thread and that post, but I guess it didn't grab my attention.

decman
4th April 2007, 05:21
Well again it does not matter to me personally, I'll go with the flow.

But if we wanted a safer/better place to meet we could have also
chosen the Green Bank Inn or the Pic-A-Lilli.

dec

acenorm
4th April 2007, 13:12
The only common denominator I see in any problems at the Hedger House is things are happening at night. We are going to be there in the afternoon.
Also, addicted(Gary) said that he was going to be doing a ride down there on the 14th. Maybe we can wait and he what he says and go from there. Another 2 cents from me.

Best Regards,
Norm

addicted
4th April 2007, 13:25
Here's the information about the 4/14 run down to the Hedger House: http://www.myspace.com/bikers1 (Here's the information about the 4/14 run down to the Hedger House). The ride starts in Parlin NJ, runs down to the Hedger House in Chatsworth NJ, and then back to Bellos Pub in Parlin.

s0uthernrebel78
4th April 2007, 14:39
if we are just meeting up to get into a group to ride we only need a spot to gather i thought ending at the pic-a-lil was so we could eat there if this is the case we could just meet at wawa , the good thing about meeting at wawa is there is a gas station right near by so if anyone needs to fuel up then can before we head out since on some of the roads there isnt any gas stations this is just my 2cents

I will also have my girlfriend with me and wawa is not an option when she is that close to the pic

acenorm
4th April 2007, 21:13
if we are just meeting up to get into a group to ride we only need a spot to gather

I like to ride than eat, but that is just me.

the good thing about meeting at wawa is there is a gas station right near by so if anyone needs to fuel up then can before we head out since on some of the roads there isnt any gas stations

This is why I also suggested WaWa.
The gas station is there, and people could grab a hot dog or something to tie themselves over til we got to the Pic.
Maybe we should change the time to meet at 12:30 and than depart at 1:00, and than we could be to the Pic around 2:00?

I will also have my girlfriend with me and wawa is not an option when she is that close to the pic

I know some people want to eat at the Pic.

Best Regards,
Norm

Mohntonite
5th April 2007, 00:33
The only reason I chose WAWA was because Its about 95 miles from my house (thanx mapquest) and another 40 or so to the Pic. I'll need to fill up before the Picalilli. If I dont, I can get 150 from a tank buuut ill be on reserve.
I also have about 4 to 6 other friends and friends of friends, that want to join in for the ride. I hope this is a more-the-merrier type of ride.

acenorm
5th April 2007, 13:16
We had a plan, and I took it upon myself and went ahead and started yet another thread on this ride, so I am closing this poll down and think we should just stick to the original plan of meeting at the Hedger House, eating there, and than doing a ride.
For people who are coming from long distances and need gas, as Chip said, there is a gas station right pass the WaWa on Rt 72 before you will take your right on 563 to get to the Hedger House.
Sorry for any confusion.

Best Regards,
Norm