PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic vs. standard oil

Ron Richtofen
3rd April 2005, 19:33
My mechanic says if you change your fluids often enough it's probably no better to use synthetic. Since none of my friends use it, who out here has noticed an improvement with synthetic, particularly in tranny. Is the shifting any smoother?

TechRep
3rd April 2005, 19:38
There are several benefits to syn. IMHO...You can't beat Syn for the temperature tolerance alone. Just would not use it during break-in.

Broncodog
3rd April 2005, 19:38
My mechanic says if you change your fluids often enough it's probably no better to use synthetic. Since none of my friends use it, who out here has noticed an improvement with synthetic, particularly in tranny. Is the shifting any smoother?
I for one will use only synthetic.

Broncodog
3rd April 2005, 19:43
Here is a link ya might want to read:
http://www.synthetic-oil-tech.com/d.cgi/1190048/articles/why_harley_owners_choose_amsoil.htm

Ron Richtofen
3rd April 2005, 20:33
Thanks for the input, sounds good to me and worth a try.

cantolina
3rd April 2005, 21:59

Absolutely....I use redline 20w50 in both and noticed a difference that made me stay with synth...I just bedded my rings with dino, now I'm going right back...