PDA

View Full Version : Tire Wobble

wagondog
10th April 2007, 12:29
Just a question before I take it in the the indy. I had my dealer install a new Roadwinder front wheel and new Venom tire. Much of this work was done when I couldn't ride to check it all out. While I'm riding I feel no wobble in the bars or anywhere else. The rim itself seems to run perfectly true when I watch it run as I'm riding, I know there are better ways to check this than by watching it while riding. If I watch the tire rotate there is a definite side to side runout (wobble) in the wall of the tire when conpared to the fender. Is this normal in newly installed tires? I realize I should thorw it on the lift and check it but I haven't posted in a while so here I am again.
thanks for the input as usual.
Wagondog

Joe Dirt
10th April 2007, 22:44
Check to see if the tire bead is seated evenly with the rim. There might be a mold line on the tire to reference from. See if the gap between this line and the rim is the same all of the way around. I've had to adjust this after mounting a tire.

wagondog
11th April 2007, 12:52
Check to see if the tire bead is seated evenly with the rim. There might be a mold line on the tire to reference from. See if the gap between this line and the rim is the same all of the way around. I've had to adjust this after mounting a tire.

Thanks Joe, will check that
WagonDog