PDA

View Full Version : Need a answer quick 21" rim stock hub?????

OutlawTexan67
15th April 2007, 16:47
I found a rim on ebay from a 2003 softtail it has 40 holes for spokes and my stock hub on my Ironhead has 40 spokes can I lace these together or will it not fit????Only 5 hours left on auction!!!!Thanks in advance

biknut
15th April 2007, 17:04
My "Guess" is yes.

SCAGNETTI
15th April 2007, 17:17
The Hub Should Lace To The Rim, But Will It Work On Your Fork Legs ? The 00 And Up Have Sealed Bearings, And Also Does Your Speedo Pickup Off The Front Wheel? The Speedo Counter Won't Work With That Hub. What Is The Difference In Width Of The Hub And Also Axle Diameter? You Could Probably Make It Work But You Would Need To Make Custom Spacers Or Change Fork Legs To 2000 And Up? Also Are Your Fork Legs 35 Mm Or 39 Mm?

chrishajer
15th April 2007, 17:29
Since you are lacing this rim to your hub, you won't have any problems other than fender clearance, if that's an issue on your bike.

Any rim can be laced to any hub, but you're going to need to find spokes to do it. Buchanan's has spokes to make it work. I'm sure there are other vendors for spokes, some on the forum even. I just know Buchanan's because I have dealt with them a lot.

http://www.buchananspokes.com/HDSpokes.htm

Scroll down to your hub (1973-2007 aluminum front disc), then look for the spokes for a 21" drop center rim. Looks like you'd be using KHD902, in whatever finish you want (from $88 per set.)

Good luck.

--Chris

OutlawTexan67
15th April 2007, 17:35
Since you are lacing this rim to your hub, you won't have any problems other than fender clearance, if that's an issue on your bike.

Any rim can be laced to any hub, but you're going to need to find spokes to do it. Buchanan's has spokes to make it work. I'm sure there are other vendors for spokes, some on the forum even. I just know Buchanan's because I have dealt with them a lot.

http://www.buchananspokes.com/HDSpokes.htm

Scroll down to your hub (1973-2007 aluminum front disc), then look for the spokes for a 21" drop center rim. Looks like you'd be using KHD902, in whatever finish you want (from $88 per set.)

Good luck.

--Chris

The clearance as is now with the 19" to much I am not thinking this fender I have is the stock one it has to much space between tire and fender and I want to go to a 21" anyway to get rid of the space and for the optik