PDA

View Full Version : HHI Brake Caliper with RoadLok bike lock

trosga1
17th April 2007, 21:57
Has anyone tried this yet. HHI has taken a chromed brake caliper and incorporated the RoadLok Brake into it. The lock is apparently getting bike owners discounts on insurance premiums. I like the fact that it's not only functional, but looks dang good as well.

Here are the links to both HHI and RoadLok.

http://www.hawghalters.com/roadlok-caliper.html
http://www.roadlok.com/sniper/

xllent01
17th April 2007, 22:08
Just hope you don't have a few to many at Happy Hour and forget to un- locked the rotor.:doh :laugh :laugh

HHI does makes some nice stuff for bikes, :banana

DEANER
17th April 2007, 22:17
Hope he don't have a few to many......AND RIDE!:frownthre

Sorry no experience with this caliper. Nice stuff though.

trosga1
17th April 2007, 22:20
First beer into the system, keys get put in the dresser drawer. I've wanted to do a chrome caliper and having the lock is a nice bonus (gotta protect the paint job Mike Lavallee did).

rshute4
18th April 2007, 07:15
I think my deductible is cheaper than the lock... and more than my yearly insurance premium... looks good though. The insurance company would have to offer one HECK of a discount!

Sportster1200
18th April 2007, 07:25
Buy insurance. Total piece of mind.

When they steal your ride, they pick it up and put it in the back of a truck. That way they can steal 3 or 4 at a go.

Not too many guys do the push it down the street at 2 mph thing, especially with a full dresser.

Kong

pquirk
18th April 2007, 12:36
Looks cool but most but most bikes that get snagged are tossed into the back of box van anyhow so it probably won't do much good keeping a bike from getting stolen. It looks cool and if it gets an insurance discount that's nice. 500 bones is a lot for a caliper though. :)

1200Rdan
24th April 2007, 21:03
I couldn't help myself -

I have a RoadLok on my '05 1200R, and I have to let you know that if you forget to unlock it you won't fly over the handlebars. You can't! The bike doesn't even move an inch, so you don't even have time to move. I paid $857 for the RoadLok and the matching caliper for the right hand side. The calipers are 4 piston billet, much better than the 2 piston cast calipers from HD that were on it.

I recommend the RoadLok for everyone. It won't keep a bunch of guys from picking up your bike and tossing it into a truck, but most thieves roll the bike up a ramp into a truck or van. I park close to a wall so they can't get any leverage anyway.