PDA

View Full Version : dual discs

bockstroker
19th April 2007, 20:47
Finally scored the dual disc slider I wanted on Ebay. So now I'll continue rounding up parts for the conversion, proly go with dual Wilwood 310s. Any comments on rotors/pads and wheel combos? I'm thinking of the 9 or 13 spoke mag but haven't ruled out wire.

petev
20th April 2007, 12:44
I have an EBC rotor with a willwood caliper and am trying to source a second. Single disc braking was better, but the lever has a spongy feel as it seems to struggle to drive the extra piston. I have the larger piston brake assembly and dual line now ready for the second disc but have not had any luck with the slider yet.

Beware if you are looking to buy your parts from Trak-tek as the owner seems to be away with the fairies - try phoning first and if you get a human let me know cause they still owe me a disc and caliper!

PSEBYL
20th April 2007, 13:27
When creating dual front brakes from parts not from an actual kit, you'll both need to consider the increased hydraulic capacity of the 1200R's larger master cylinder, and add it to your parts list as well.

Confused89
20th April 2007, 13:44
You won't regret doing it as I have not. On a side note, the wires look better with the dual disc than the mag does.

arteferro
20th April 2007, 15:43
Confused89. Saw in an earlier post that you were toying with the idea of drilling and tapping your single hub into a dual. Did you go that route or buck up for a new dual hub altogether? I am heading in this direction as well. Just wonderin if you did, how it worked for ya...