PDA

View Full Version : New horn help

Gone
21st April 2007, 03:37
Hi Everybody,
I want to relocate my horn from underneath the frame neck to between the cylinders. I have a 2000 XL883C. Does anyone have any favorites or suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help sent my way.
Chillybrr

snowman
21st April 2007, 03:57
I have been thinking about picking up a takeoff from a soft tail to mount in the same spot. Should be able to mount it right off the choke (oh, excuse me, the enrichener knob...:roflblack:roflblack:roflblack) bracket....:geek:geek:geek

vicks44
21st April 2007, 13:52
H-D has a relocation kit, a little pricey but very easy install and the new horn is WAY louder...

Clarinetcat
21st April 2007, 13:55
The STEBEL is highly recommended, and this is a great stickied thread about it:

LOUD horn! (http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=27386&highlight=stebel)

hog rider
21st April 2007, 21:54
took that big ugly thing off and put a smaller one on the neck.why? shows more of the motor and the small one is still loud.

sdjr
21st April 2007, 22:43
I picked up the chrome cowbell off ebay, for cheap...it had the tab that extends above the bell, some don't, don't know how those mount. easy fit, had to add a little extension wire for the ground, no big thing. I agree, the big horn on the side sounds much better than the squeaker up front between the down-tubes. Save the old one and it's mounts in case you or the next owner wants to go back.

Good luck,
JR