PDA

View Full Version : Wanabee Bikers,

longshot48
13th April 2005, 20:08
I have read some great stories on the forum regarding those who say that they have been riding all of their lives and say they know everything there is about motorcycles. Well I have to share this story with my friends.

While standing in my local dealership talking with some of the sales staff that I have known for years we couldn't help but see these guys hanging around some of the demo bikes at the edge of the parking area. One of the guys was talking loudly and braging about how much he rode and had all this knowledge about Harleys and stuff. Well he starts up a Road King and proceeds to gun the motor. The bike had aftermarket pipes on it so it was rather loud. He kept kranking the motor higher and higher, about the time one of the salesman started to yell at him it was to late. The guy was standing on the left side of the bike with a full hand of throttle and just steped on the shifter. Well you know what happened, that big ol Road King took off like a shot and completely destroyed a customers bike that was parked some thirty feet away and then went air born coming down on the edge of a pickup trucks hood in the parking lot and then landed in a ditch beside the main road. The guy that started the whole mess just turned around and started to leave like nothing had happened. Well the Cops were call and you can guess the rest.

dave
13th April 2005, 20:18
Cops were called and you can guess the rest.
I don't want to guess! I want to hear how it turned out!

longshot48
13th April 2005, 20:33
Well the guy tried to play dumb but with everyone that saw his bumb behind move stories all being the same he was cuffed and stuffed.

PlanB
13th April 2005, 20:55
I don't see where any of his insurance policies would cover this situation, so I hope he has a fat wallet or bank account! What was HE thinking? Another Darwin award nominee! :D

DM-SC
13th April 2005, 21:01
What a dumba :censor ! Some people shouldn't be allowed out in public with the rest of us... :frownthre

XLFREAK
13th April 2005, 22:20
I have read some great stories on the forum regarding those who say that they have been riding all of their lives and say they know everything there is about motorcycles. Well I have to share this story with my friends.

While standing in my local dealership talking with some of the sales staff that I have known for years we couldn't help but see these guys hanging around some of the demo bikes at the edge of the parking area. One of the guys was talking loudly and braging about how much he rode and had all this knowledge about Harleys and stuff. Well he starts up a Road King and proceeds to gun the motor. The bike had aftermarket pipes on it so it was rather loud. He kept kranking the motor higher and higher, about the time one of the salesman started to yell at him it was to late. The guy was standing on the left side of the bike with a full hand of throttle and just steped on the shifter. Well you know what happened, that big ol Road King took off like a shot and completely destroyed a customers bike that was parked some thirty feet away and then went air born coming down on the edge of a pickup trucks hood in the parking lot and then landed in a ditch beside the main road. The guy that started the whole mess just turned around and started to leave like nothing had happened. Well the Cops were call and you can guess the rest.

What a major malfunction. Financially he is :censor and lucky he didn't get educated physically by the owner of the bike and truck he destroyed trying to be Mr. Biker.

I went to a HOG gathering at the Dealership and most of the people are very nice and some have lots of knowledge and experience but many of them who newly join are newbies to Harley Davidson and try to act like a bad ass and act like they know Harley's. One pulled the old "Why the Sportster?" and my same reply 'I'm not ready to retire yet!" I grew up (raised) around Bikers (my Dad, Uncles (2), step Dad) and I stilll learn something new everyday about a Bike. You can never stop learning. It's funny but I did not actually realize that I knew so little about Harley's even though my Dad and my Uncles and all of thier Compadres were up all night (many nights in the garage or the rear bedroom) working on thier old Pans, Shovels and an old Knucklehead named Rooster that never seemed to run but sure looked the best! BTW: My Uncles (hardcore Bikers who lived it 247) always had a love for the Sportsters er! Ironheads. There was always a clean looking strong running Ironhead outside and it belonged to Dago. It would kick over every single time and stayed right in the middle of them down the road.

I see these clowns at the dealers and indies all of the time and just shake my head while I hear them Bloat ON and in some cases disrespect Sporties. If anyone knows a thing or two, many of the 1%er's rode Sportsters and I know 2 that ride em with the Vagos MC.

Oh well, I'm rambling...

:smoke .

XLFREAK
13th April 2005, 22:24
I don't see where any of his insurance policies would cover this situation, so I hope he has a fat wallet or bank account! What was HE thinking? Another Darwin award nominee! :D

Dumbshit award :clap I'm speculating that he thought it was the rear brake lever and not the shifter but then again, who knows? I think I'm giving the dude too much credit...

:smoke

Desertfox
13th April 2005, 22:33
Sounds kinda wierd. I don't know that much about road kings but it seems as soon as the bike jumped out of his hand the throttle would idle down instantly lugging the engine to a stop. I don't see how it could go 30 ft, airborn (all 600 lbs. plus) over a truck and into a ditch. But then again I haven't seen EVERYTHING.

freakyt
13th April 2005, 22:52
I can totally see the bike doing that. 6500 RPMs and then kicked into first, and you know he didn't let go of the throttle until the bike was out of his hands. I think it would launch pretty fast. Think of that big heavy flywheel at 6500 RPMS, that's a lot of energy. We can use your bike to test out his story..... I'm not volanterring mine!

What a dumbass. They could put that scene in a movie about dumbasses.

txsporty
13th April 2005, 23:15
Damn!!! :yikes

Didn't know you could get arrested for being a Dumb Ass!!!! :D

Danny3nose
13th April 2005, 23:24
Same thing happened at bike night last year. A poser shows up with a brand new Triumph Rocket III, like a month after they were available. He's going on and on about how sweet this bike is for hitting the road hard, but he still has his Road King and VTX for cruising. Anyway, I asked him how it sounds so he fires it up and revs the motor, and the bike was still in gear! How do dumb people like him acquire so much money?

wickedsprint
14th April 2005, 00:00
I don't see why he was arrested, the salesmen is responsible for the bikes. He would however likely lose in a civil suit but if he plays dumb and tells the court he knows nothing about bikes and the salesmen let him hold the keys, kind alike leaving a firearm in the hands of a juvenile..guess who gets arrested. I call BS on this story, or there are elemnts missing that are critical to him being arrested.

CuL8R
14th April 2005, 00:08
I think it is jackasses like that that give the rest of us a bad rap. I also atribute that sort of person to the stigma still associated with bikers.

Desertfox
14th April 2005, 00:21
I call BS on this story, or there are elemnts missing that are critical to him being arrested.

There is more than ONE element of BS in this story.

txsporty
14th April 2005, 02:54
You have to admit it was a good Story!!!! :D

I could see something Like that happening, knowing some of the Dumb-asses running around now a Days!!! :yikes

pilot
14th April 2005, 03:16
If that was MY bike that dumbass took out...

Well, nuff said.

Darhawk
14th April 2005, 04:43
............. Another Darwin.............

Christ, I could kill my parents for giving me that damn name.................too bad they're already dead............:frownthre

stevo
14th April 2005, 10:08
Christ, I could kill my parents for giving me that damn name.................too bad they're already dead............:frownthre

SO do ya live up to ya name there Dar ??? :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

and another thing guys .... why do we have to dis anyone that comes up with a story that ya havn't seen yaself????????

I have seen similar things myself......don't stand a Ducati or BMW with a self retracting stand up and then try and put it back down :shhhh ..seen it once and I know a mate that did it to a drand new Duc...as the new owner was signing the paperwork :yikes

wickedsprint
14th April 2005, 14:27
I only called BS because I do not see how he could have been legally arrested, all I said was I call BS OR there is an element missing that explains why he was arrested.

flathead45
14th April 2005, 14:38
distrution of personal property is an arrestable offence, also the dunce might have told off the cops enuff to piss them off and stuff him for disorderly conduct

also if the bke had the thottle lock tightened a bit that would hold the thottle open after his hand let go

Kent
14th April 2005, 14:44
If like the story said he tried to take off then I could see him being arrested.

Darhawk
14th April 2005, 15:07
........SO do ya live up to ya name there Dar ??? :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

On occassion...................fortunately, I'm usually the only one noticing what a dumb ass I've been......................like the time I mistakening picked up 6 quarts of tranny fluid instead of oil (mercruiser all comes in look alike containers) to do an oil change on the boat engine, was just about to put in the 3rd quart when I noticed it and had to sump out the engine, flush it with kerosene and twice with oil, and then put in the final fresh oil...................a half hour job ended up taking me half a day and costing thrice as much...................live and learn.:o

wickedsprint
14th April 2005, 18:48
Accidental destruction of property is NOT usually an arrestable offense or everytime a fender bender occured in a parking lot the people would get arrested. Your theory about him mouthing off to the police is more likely.

Gone
14th April 2005, 18:55
On occassion...................fortunately, I'm usually the only one noticing what a dumb ass I've been......................like the time I mistakening picked up 6 quarts of tranny fluid instead of oil (mercruiser all comes in look alike containers) to do an oil change on the boat engine, was just about to put in the 3rd quart when I noticed it and had to sump out the engine, flush it with kerosene and twice with oil, and then put in the final fresh oil...................a half hour job ended up taking me half a day and costing thrice as much...................live and learn.:o

Someday I'll have to tell you about the fireball .................

Kent
14th April 2005, 20:20
Accidental destruction of property is NOT usually an arrestable offense or everytime a fender bender occured in a parking lot the people would get arrested. Your theory about him mouthing off to the police is more likely.

Wouldn't attempting to leave the sceen be one?

DM-SC
14th April 2005, 21:05
Wouldn't attempting to leave the sceen be one?

I'd say it would be no different than leaving (or attempting to as the original post stated) the scene of an auto crash.

75oldschool
14th April 2005, 22:52
a few months ago at zion harley some dum ass got on a bt and started it no sales man and the bike was in gear this bike sits on a spot were theres an drop off anyways there goes the bike right over seen bike a couple days after with a buddy f it up good not sure what happen to the guy but what a dum ass didn't even pull in cluch :laugh

wickedsprint
15th April 2005, 01:07
Yeah, leaving the scene is likely the draw that sent him in...good call.

longshot48
15th April 2005, 14:49
The guy did jump into his car and leave but all the guys that were with him stayed and told the cops who he was, they called the dude and he came back within a few minutes and the rest is history.