PDA

View Full Version : fuelpak experts! Will stage 1 download(remap) go with fuelpak?

lchen6
3rd August 2009, 05:55
Hey all,

i'm trying to install my fuelpak...
just a quick question, I currently have stage 1 dealer download, v&h shortshots, and se heavy breather.

will the fuelpak still work with the dealer download?

Thanks

themac5150
3rd August 2009, 07:03
I think you have to contact V&H for the correct fuelpak settings for the stage 1 ECM flash. The settings on the site and in the manual are for stock ECM.

Cosmo Kramer
3rd August 2009, 10:46
will the fuelpak still work with the dealer download?

Thanks

If you go to the V&H fuelpak website (or even your printed directions):
http://www.fuelpakfi.com/harley1.html

One of the options to choose is the ECM Calibrations....stock vs. stage 1.

So yes, V&H is set-up to work with your stage 1 and if you enter all the info in the above link it will give you the correct set-up.

lchen6
3rd August 2009, 20:20
If you go to the V&H fuelpak website (or even your printed directions):
http://www.fuelpakfi.com/harley1.html

One of the options to choose is the ECM Calibrations....stock vs. stage 1.

So yes, V&H is set-up to work with your stage 1 and if you enter all the info in the above link it will give you the correct set-up.

hey thanks, i just got my map.

but I'm still a bit unsure that what if I mess it up and couldn't get the fuelpak install, then I went back to my original setting(which was the stage1 dealer download, will the download still be there?)

*someone told me that the fuelpak will overwrites and reflesh it???!!

Cosmo Kramer
3rd August 2009, 20:43
hey thanks, i just got my map.

but I'm still a bit unsure that what if I mess it up and couldn't get the fuelpak install, then I went back to my original setting(which was the stage1 dealer download, will the download still be there?)

*someone told me that the fuelpak will overwrites and reflesh it???!!

I haven't heard anything about the fuelpak overwriting the ECM. Per their website, if you unplug the fuelpak your bike goes back to the way it was prior. They are a pain in the rearend to install...don't give up though!...watch the video on their website multiple times. Also, do not be afraid to move the large bundles or wiring above the battery...it will fit up there.