PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust noise after conversion

dexter
3rd December 2004, 14:40
I heard the exhaust noise can be quieter after a 1200 conversion. Is this true? If so why does it happen?

What is the best way to get a good noise and maintain performance in normal riding (not straight through drag pipes)?

XLFREAK
3rd December 2004, 17:09
Personally, I could not tell the difference in the exhaust sound after the conversion. The power is another story.

Gone
3rd December 2004, 20:39
I heard the exhaust noise can be quieter after a 1200 conversion. Is this true? If so why does it happen?

What is the best way to get a good noise and maintain performance in normal riding (not straight through drag pipes)?

Add a set of Thunderheaders

dwardy
3rd December 2004, 20:55
I defintely noticed the difference after my conversion. At idle, the sound seemed a bit quieter but at the same time, the "attack" was sharper and it had a wonderful rumble underneath it all. The real change comes when you crack open the throttle though. Then you can really hear and feel the 1200 cc's of Samoan dynamite you're riding. :D

sportymark
3rd December 2004, 21:09
It's funny you should mention a difference in sound as I thought it was just me!

After I had the cams and carb changed on mine (not a conversion I grant you) there was a noticable difference in the sound of the engine, it did not sound quite as deep as before. Strange but true.

bambam16150
5th December 2004, 17:27
more pressure in the pipes makes the change in sound.

waterboy
8th December 2004, 21:05
much louder after my conversion. Very nice actually. When the throttle is wacked you can really tell the difference