PDA

View Full Version : Northern Utah HD

Reeky
16th April 2005, 00:01
I just gots to share this with you...

After amassing a large cache of chrome goodies to include Progressive 440s I took my bike down to the stealer to have all the parts installed. The bike looked great. I got home and upon closer inspection, a first look, a second look...and yet a third look to overcome my disbelief it was apparent that the stealer had installed my shocks upside down! The stealer told me to bring it right down and they'd correct the "problem". They did get right on it and install the shocks correctly. What they didn't do (and what I would've done if I was the dealer) is offer me anything at all for the inconvenience they caused...no money off the labor...no free T-shirt...no cup o' coffee.. zip!

MisterB
12th May 2005, 06:08
I just gots to share this with you...

After amassing a large cache of chrome goodies to include Progressive 440s I took my bike down to the stealer to have all the parts installed. The bike looked great. I got home and upon closer inspection, a first look, a second look...and yet a third look to overcome my disbelief it was apparent that the stealer had installed my shocks upside down! The stealer told me to bring it right down and they'd correct the "problem". They did get right on it and install the shocks correctly. What they didn't do (and what I would've done if I was the dealer) is offer me anything at all for the inconvenience they caused...no money off the labor...no free T-shirt...no cup o' coffee.. zip!

Sometimes you gotta ask for what you want. Add a little vinegar, by telling them you're sure glad you didn't go over any pot holes with the improperly installed shocks, or you may have been hospitalized.

They just want to quickly fix the problem, and then have you quietly go away. Giving you stuff, or passing on discounts calls attention to their incompetence. Push them on it, and you can use it to your advantage.

Takingabreak
12th May 2005, 08:01
Hi.

As a Repair Tech, I have had days like this, sometimes things happen, not offent, but still.....
Anyhoot, if you feel that they did not give you satifaction in how they handles this, I would write a letter to the owner, give a copy of the repair bill, and let them know how you feel, and what you think should have ben done.

MOST owners know that a happy custoner is one that will return for more repair, and If were really lucky, you might let one of your freinds about there shop.

BUT if you ara a upset customer, you will most like never come back for more work, and you will tell anyone that will listen how they done you wrong.

Word of mouth will make or break a shop, and he knows it.

In you letterstrat by letting him know your upset but that you will reframe from being angery in you letter, and then be nice(It's the more bees with honey thing) and then leave it up to him as to what to do next.

If he don't contact you, don't go back, if he does, talk to him like a freind.

And keep in mind that no one is perfect.