PDA

View Full Version : fuel injection relays?

floorit
10th May 2007, 03:21
I'm lookin for fuel injection relays for a freind of mines 2001 buell X1 white lightning. They are a little gray relay about 1"x3/4"x1/2". He took them to our local dealer, Hall's in Springfield IL. And the parts guy said he'd never seen or heard of them??? Any ideas? I've done about 20 google searches and came up empty handed. Thanks in advance. JT

chrishajer
10th May 2007, 03:32
I think you mean the fuel injection diodes, there are two of them almost like a big blade type fuse (and they're installed right by the fuses on the bike too). They are (or were) Buell part Y0211.K. $2.25 retail each.

--Chris

floorit
10th May 2007, 03:37
I don't think thats it. I have one here and it's definitly a relay, it has 5 blades. not just 2. He said it came out of the injection system though.

chrishajer
10th May 2007, 03:44
If it's a relay then it should be 70393-99Y. They used two of those also, one for the starter and one for the ignition and fuel system.

--Chris

floorit
10th May 2007, 03:53
I will check into that p/n. Thanks for the info. Too bad Harley can't afford to hire parts guys that actually give a damn. They could have told him that at the dealer.

lagerdrinker
10th May 2007, 03:54
Correct me if im wrong but most relays are bosch relays. just need to figure out bosch number and cross referance to brands such as vw, bmw... 5 pin is on/off off/on contact so can power up other stuff when bike is off like cooling fan.

chrishajer
10th May 2007, 03:55
Hall's is generally pretty good (especially if you ride a Gas Gas or Husky). Maybe it was early and they didn't have any coffee yet? :dunno

--Chris

chrishajer
10th May 2007, 03:56
Jim, you are not wrong. MrJimi and I were just talking about how they were probably Bosch and you could get them for a VW. Then we saw you online and all was right in the world!

--Chris

floorit
10th May 2007, 03:59
The last time I was in there I waited 15 minutes for help at the parts counter while one parts guy talked to some guy about shingling a house! I said to heck with the parts and waited till my next trip to Quincy(TNT).

lagerdrinker
10th May 2007, 04:15
Jim, you are not wrong. MrJimi and I were just talking about how they were probably Bosch and you could get them for a VW. Then we saw you online and all was right in the world!

--Chris

At least bosch style. ive seen them made by Hella and Seimens as well. the japanese relays are funky looking little relays

floorit
30th May 2007, 04:10
If it's a relay then it should be 70393-99Y. They used two of those also, one for the starter and one for the ignition and fuel system.

--Chris

Thanks, this was the correct p/n. Ordered through TNT in Quincy. Fixed the problem. My freind is biulding a Buell/streetfighter chopper. While working he pinched the wiring harness, he replaced the whole harness but it still wouldn't run. He thought that these relays were bad. Guess he was right. Thanks agian, you saved me alot of scrounging!!