PDA

View Full Version : I just don't get women

xtheunknown
11th May 2007, 14:24
I just don't get women. I was seeing a woman and we had some dates and I went over to her house a few times for dinner. The last time I was there (just before Christimas) things seemed a bit strained and I wanted to talk to her alone (away from her teenaged daughter) so I asked her if she would walk me to my car. She abrubtly declined, so I said goodbye and left.

I took this as a sign that she wasn't interested in taking the relationship to the next level and did not call her again. I figured that eventually I would see her again and see what was up.

Fast forward to Wednesady when I was out riding and decided to stop by where she works (retail) and say hi. Man, what a mistake. She was really pissed at me! She asked me why I didn't call and I told her. Then she kept saying "So, what's up?" I took this as her inquiring about what was going on in my life, but it was really her asking why I had come to visit her.

Then she let in to me with a "How dare you not call me for 4 months and then come in and think everything is OK." lecture.

I have never had a woman who rejected me romatically be so mad at me if I tried to be friendly with her at a later time.

I'm not really looking for an explanation, I'm just venting.

chrome
11th May 2007, 14:37
I would say you are better off. Things go both ways, like her arm is broke and can't dial a phone...

jalldredge
11th May 2007, 14:38
Ahh, you know the deal. She just wanted to be "friends."

bjfoien
11th May 2007, 14:46
She made her bed.....Consider yourself lucky you got out when you did.

snowman
11th May 2007, 15:08
Sounds like you and Road Chick need to go for a ride together...:geek:geek:geek

lincoln1975
11th May 2007, 15:09
RUN LIKE HELL MY FRIEND, maybe she is bi-polar, or just dont know what she wants, haha

Prebs
11th May 2007, 15:18
Ok being a chic. I don't know what her problem is. Why she wouldn't walk you to your car 4 months ago is beyond me. If you didn't get a good vibe from that you had every right not to call her. IF she felt she wanted more she could of called you. Phone rings both ways. her scene in the store where she works was just that a scene. trying to make you look like a dumbass. Don;t sweat it! you don't want to deal with someone like that. :)

merc
11th May 2007, 15:21
I don't get women either.
If I got 1 my wife would kill me.

Besides you are better off - you can ride when you want

XLFREAK
11th May 2007, 15:28
Probably best to stay out of any further relationship with her. Sounds shaky at best..... BTW, if you ever actually figure out women --to the point where you begin to understand their meanings and what they actually want; you will be in a very elite group of men numbering less than 10, since the dawn of civilization. :D

883rnh
11th May 2007, 16:34
Dude run for the hills. She has Issues!

Weo
11th May 2007, 16:44
I don't know man, not enough info. From what little info I got, it sounded like it could be her expecting more commitment to a commitment, or maybe she was doubting the relationship, or it could have been something as simple as her getting in an argument with her daughter before you came, and wanting to be "civilized" while you were there.

Either way, if there was not enough communication in the relationship to figure out the problem, or to have you or her not call for 4 months because she seemed distant at one dinner, then its probably better that you two stay apart. Either way, good luck. :)

xtheunknown
15th May 2007, 22:04
Thanks for the feedback, guys (and girls.) I have been told it is best to stay away from strippers. Oh, I forgot to mention that. She is a former stripper. Or, as she would say, exotic dancer. I guess you are all right that I am better off. It's just that I thought we had made a genuine connection, but I couldn't gauge whether she just wanted to be friends, or become romantic. Well, life goes on and the search continues.

Reaper6
15th May 2007, 22:13
Aaaaaaaaaaahhh! Crazy psycho woman...run like hell...save yourself...

Big_Baazzoo
15th May 2007, 22:14
Ooooh don't try too hard to understand women, it will only make your brain hurt. Just try to find a place you can exist with them, and you are ahead of the game.

Jimbo999
15th May 2007, 22:17
Back to the original Topic: I just don't get women

I didn't read all the replys............

All I can say is " Don't even try ".
It's genes.
Gals are different and so are Guys.

You'll go crazy trying to figure it out.......
It's a joke from GOD and He's laughing at us now for trying.

Just Love 'em and listen to their concerns.
Work hard to be a partner but remember............
"You'll never really Understand ". If you're a Man.

BTW: That's the FUN part of it...........:smoke

bwheeler111
15th May 2007, 22:38
I don't get them either. :wonderlan I am just married to one. :doh

It seems this chick is a little off. Like Prebs said, the phone works both ways. She is just pissed that you didn't give her attention then and is trying to get you back for it. It seems you instinct was right 4 mons ago so stick with that and stay away.

dabronco
30th May 2007, 03:47
I just don't get women

Admitting that is the first step!

Martyvz
30th May 2007, 04:21
Never trust ANYTHING that bleeds for a week, but won't die!

lincoln1975
30th May 2007, 04:26
Dont try to figuere them out. men for hundreds of thousands of years have been trying to do it. and they cant.... so why do you think you can? You cant..... Live with it or get rid of it..:clap

el jinete fantasma
31st May 2007, 21:50
Women are hard to understand to begin with, but when you throw in what I call the "crazy stripper" gene, forget it. You'll go crazy like Syd Barrett if you try to figure that one out. :))

unfiguroutable
31st May 2007, 21:56
Admitting that is the first step!

I thought step 1 was we admit that we are powerless...and that our lives had become unmanagable due to women. ;)

Easywind
31st May 2007, 22:02
I feel that i have an awesome understanding of women, or at least the ones i know. Your girl, she could be crazy... or she couldve been testing you.guess what... you failed. Women are what they want us to think they are. you took her not wanting to walk you to your car(why were you driving?) waay to serious. they are fragile creatures, sometimes they dont want to talk to men for obvious reasons. In a way, i guess women are like baggers. They hold SO MUCH crap inside.

You should be so lucky that she didnt want to "talk" I cant get my rider to shutup!!

"If it has tits or wheels, sooner or later, you,ve got problems"

Phaedrus
31st May 2007, 22:04
Woman, can't live with them...............pass the peanuts.
Norm from Cheers

misterT
31st May 2007, 22:40
Yeah stay away from the strippers, and just because a women is mad doesn't mean it has a thing to do with you. My wife gets in moods, i just let her go untill she cools off... then talk about it. half of the time she apoligizes and tells me it wasn't about me at all. But we always work it out, usually it is a misunderstanding. I would not have gone back after four months, women seem to expect us to make the first move. That goes for reconcilling our differences as well. Just my 2cents woth

1STONE
31st May 2007, 23:20
:headbang women are from Venus, nuff said

SportyJoe
31st May 2007, 23:29
can you say psychotic?

xtheunknown
1st June 2007, 13:56
I feel that i have an awesome understanding of women, or at least the ones i know. Your girl, she could be crazy... or she couldve been testing you.guess what... you failed. Women are what they want us to think they are. you took her not wanting to walk you to your car(why were you driving?) waay to serious. they are fragile creatures, sometimes they dont want to talk to men for obvious reasons. In a way, i guess women are like baggers. They hold SO MUCH crap inside.

You should be so lucky that she didnt want to "talk" I cant get my rider to shutup!!

"If it has tits or wheels, sooner or later, you,ve got problems"

You may be right, but if you are, it just makes me even madder. I don't like being "tested". That goes in the category of playing games and homey don't play that. I guess I failed, but in the end I probably am better off.

ken01976
1st June 2007, 14:27
Sounds like a fruitcake. Lucky break dude...

Gone
1st June 2007, 15:32
Bud, you are not supposed to “get” women. They are a completely different species and therefore exempt from any rational thought processes. Keep your eye on the actions not the words.

The truth lies in what they are doing, not saying. One last thing, women are instinctively expert at head games. Like terrorist, if they smell weakness they will attack. Finally, never, never fall in the question trap, example; “Does this dress make me look fat?” Run from the room, and leave the house immediately, for there is no correct answer to that type of question. Oh yeah, and put a good shrink on retainer.