PDA

View Full Version : Xl Members In Wyoming?

lincoln1975
12th May 2007, 03:50
I am looking for any xl members that live in the area. I was going to see about setting up a ride. I currently reside in Gillette.
Please let me know

lincoln1975
29th May 2007, 06:46
I guess their is none in my area.
IM A LONER lol

danonator
29th May 2007, 07:06
I live in Arizona but, I love Wyoming!

My goal is to retire in Wyoming some day....Would love to ride with ya but it
may be awhile. My wife likes it here:(

danonator

decman
29th May 2007, 07:13
Well, I do have a place in Dubois, but I'm only there once in
a while. I do love Shell Canyon and the Tensleep area.

There must be some other XL riders in the area.

By the way, I leave for Wyoming a week from Friday.
From NJ but I ride the Sporty all the way....:tour

later
dec

mavinwy
29th May 2007, 15:42
I am in Cheyenne, a few hours away.

If you are coming down this way....drop a line. I occasionally go northward as well.

Mav/Jim

lincoln1975
7th June 2007, 01:13
sorry about not getting back sooner, it is nice to know their is someone else in the armpit of nowhere.:clap

jacob1
8th June 2007, 16:00
Ilive just north of cheyenne in chugwater wyoming.

mavinwy
9th June 2007, 06:19
sorry about not getting back sooner, it is nice to know their is someone else in the armpit of nowhere.:clap

Naah,

I'm not in Gilette <grin>

Actually...I still lind of like it hete. Big city is not for me....

I make Gillette occasionally for work. I'll let you know the next time I am coming up that way and see if we can meet.

Always good to talk bikes...

Mav

mavinwy
9th June 2007, 06:21
Ilive just north of cheyenne in chugwater wyoming.

Cool...

there are a couple more guys here with sportsters that I ride with that I have nudged toward this list as well.

Mav

smackie
9th June 2007, 06:55
live in texas but spend 2/3 of my time between rock springs and pniedale...

lincoln1975
9th June 2007, 16:08
I actually like it here, there is not a whole lot to do in gillete, but their is alot to do around gillette,(riding, big horns, black hills, just alot of riding area).

Cool...

there are a couple more guys here with sportsters that I ride with that I have nudged toward this list as well.

Mav

mavinwy
26th June 2007, 22:00

Kind of slow driving since that is only 100 miles :)

Mav

Gone
26th June 2007, 22:12
I will be in evingston this weekend but I am usualy only a hour away from there

M-16pilot
7th July 2007, 03:33
I am here in Laramie.

Tim

decman
13th July 2007, 01:31
Well I've been in Dubois for the last couple of weeks.
Putting a roof on my place here.
Anyone want to help??? :p

later
dec
6,000 miles on this trip so far.

M-16pilot
29th August 2007, 03:17
Anyone heading down to Thunder in the Rockies??

Tim

sportyblue
29th August 2007, 05:27

Hey smackie I've been running up and down Hwy 191 myself. Jackson Hole, Rock Springs....dang it's windy out here.......and the dealership in Rock Springs totally sucks. Anyway, maybe your out at Jonah field which is close by here.

There is a group of three of us riding The Bear Tooth ( Wyoming Montana border ) over the Labor Day weekend. Thought since you seem close by if you had the three day weekend off ( we are actually making it a four day weekend) and nothing to do maybe you'd like to go along. If your interested send me a PM for details.

ejonny
29th August 2007, 05:59
Wow, I make it into Wyoming from time to time but I looked Gillete up on mapquest. . . yer up there aways and to the East! Just passed through Cheyenne a couple weeks ago but even that's quite a bit away.

Don't feel bad, not to many Utah'ns on this forum either, or at least I haven't seen nor heard of 'em yet!

Gone
29th August 2007, 15:39
ejonny I noticed the same thing make it to evingston a couple times a year but this area of the map is pretty empty

jacob1
29th August 2007, 18:50
Anyone heading down to Thunder in the Rockies??

Tim

IL be heading down for that.Will probably do the muscular dystrophy ride on sunday held at the dealer....For more info check out www.mdamiracleride.org Maybe we can meet up and go down together.Il have to come threw cheyenne.Let me know Jacob

M-16pilot
30th August 2007, 05:02
Due to work I will only be able to head down on saturday. check your pm
Tim

lincoln1975
26th March 2008, 17:02
what i wouike to do is set up a ride

NRHS Sales
26th March 2008, 17:08
I am not in WY but just down the road in Northern CO

ScreamingEag1e
26th March 2008, 18:26
My scoot used to live in Wyoming. Owned by the cat you see in this picture sitting on it. Wish I could be out there for a ride with you guys.

profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=129528948 - 163k

http://www.theyoungerbrothersband.com/

http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/919/medium/Bike.jpg

1200WyoGal
19th September 2008, 05:55
Another rider from Gillette here, I have lived in Gillette for almost 20 yrs. I've lived in WY all my life, I'm originally from Newcastle.

theafus
26th May 2009, 21:08
I live in Laramie

WYOCUDA
26th May 2009, 21:30
Got one in Casper Wy! Dont get to Gillett much but going to the Bear tooth ralley 3rd weekend of July. And many trips palnned to the black hills. If I ever get the bike done.:frownthre

decman
7th October 2010, 22:55
Well, I'm here full time now. Building a house in Dubois enjoying the great
weather while it lasts.

Dec

gunterjaeger
5th February 2011, 19:31
Hopefully you guys havent all moved away because of all this snow! But ya got another one here in Centennial. Enjoying another 24'' of snow......

decman
6th February 2011, 02:41
What snow?

When I was back in NJ we got 36"
Here in Dubois, nothing. a few dustings, cold as crap though.

Dec

PS

Rode (yes the bike) to Lander last Saturday for lunch at the Lander Bar. great burgers!

2001 hd
8th November 2011, 19:30
I'm in cheyenne

decman
8th November 2011, 20:58
Welcome!
We will need to have a get together next year.

lincoln1975
28th February 2012, 22:10
Welcome!
We will need to have a get together next year.

i am always up for a good ride:clap

decman
28th February 2012, 23:10
Summer is getting closer every day. :D
Of course we got 3" of snow today, but it's been a mild one.

decman
28th February 2012, 23:20
Just thought about this a bit.

We could all meet up in Shoshoni, take a ride through Wind River Canyon and
have lunch in Thermopolis or thereabouts.

That's about in the middle of the state and the Canyon is a must ride if you haven't done it before.

Graybeard
29th February 2012, 00:29
I know there is a bunch of riders in Cheyenne, the group is called Wyoming Harley Owners & Riding Enthusiast or W.H.O.R.E. for short. I've rode with these people for years on my trips to Wyoming.
Send me a private message and I'll send you some e-mail address' of some who might know people in the Gillette area.

NRHS Sales
29th February 2012, 00:31
I would probably be up for meeting you guys somewhere if it is on a Saturday or Sunday.

Graybeard
29th February 2012, 00:44
There is some great roads in Wyoming; Chief Joseph Hwy into Red Lodge Montana is beautiful! Sheridan to Cody over the Bighorns, Laramie to Saratoga, Newcastle to Devils Tower to name just a few. Nice little bar in the middle of Shoshoni, from there to Thermopolis not much to see. LOTS of antelope!

decman
29th February 2012, 00:57
I think you are thinking of the Cowboy or Elk Horn Bars in Meeteetse and the trip south to Thermopolis.
Then you are right a whole lot of nothing except for crosswinds and antelope.

There is some great roads in Wyoming; Chief Joseph Hwy into Red Lodge Montana is beautiful! Sheridan to Cody over the Bighorns, Laramie to Saratoga, Newcastle to Devils Tower to name just a few. Nice little bar in the middle of Shoshoni, from there to Thermopolis not much to see. LOTS of antelope!

decman
14th April 2012, 17:35
Well the weather's getting nicer in these here parts, will have to start talking about when we should plan this get together.
The first 3 weeks in June are already booked up for me, but any other time is good.

gunterjaeger
18th April 2012, 16:10
Im soooo close to getting this bike done........just dont have the loot. The guy I was working for shafted me this year. But with so many of us we should plan something here soon. If ever theres a meet here in Centennial, I can offer camping spots and a shower, and possibly a smoked trout BBQ. And if anyone is in the area and needs a hand with anything just call me at home 307 314 9537- Jason

Phaedrus
10th August 2012, 13:39
Hey folks, I'm heading out your way late August, let me know if any of you want to get together for a ride

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1521312