PDA

View Full Version : 87 1100 problem please help

Gone
15th May 2007, 02:04
A little while ago i had a problem with this bike only running on one cylinder . Well i fixed that it was the sensor in the cam cover. Now the problem is i try to start it it just spins over and wont start. As soon as i let off the starter button then it tries to fire and somtimes it does. Not sure what would cause it to do this it spins over just fine normal speed just wont start untill i let go of the button then it tries.

flathead45
15th May 2007, 02:11
sounds like a short to me

or maybe a fault in the switch

Gone
15th May 2007, 02:14
Man this thing is making me crazy. I thought i checked all the wires really well whe i was searching for the running problem. it seems like when it cranking its not sending voltage to the coil or something

flathead45
15th May 2007, 02:18
I don't get along with electrics but I'd retrace any wire you mighta moved or bumped and recheck connections

Gone
15th May 2007, 02:30
Thats what i am in the procces of doing know.

chrishajer
15th May 2007, 08:56
Sounds like the pink tach wire is grounded out. Do you have a tach? You can see if this is the problem by removing the tach signal wire from the coil, it's either blue or pink on your year. One pink on the coil goes to the ignition module, but the other wire on that terminal (will be pink or blue) goes to the tach. Remove that wire at the coil and see if your problem goes away.

--Chris

Gone
16th May 2007, 00:00
Well i tried the tach wire but problem is still there.