PDA

View Full Version : Rubbermount_EFI 07 motor build

koshak
26th August 2009, 05:59
so this is whats up the rod bearings on my bike went and now im gettin ready to build the motor cool right no not so cool everyone has quit makin performance parts for 04 and later so i need ideas and answers about what if any buell parts mainly the flywheels will fit in an 07 open to all suggestions

XLdaveR
26th August 2009, 07:31
Check out this crowd - Darkhorse Crankworks (http://www.darkhorsecrankworks.com/index.html)
I've heard they can rebuild the late model Sportster and Buell crank assemblies

How many miles do you have on your bike?

milmat1
26th August 2009, 13:32
so this is whats up the rod bearings on my bike went and now im gettin ready to build the motor cool right no not so cool everyone has quit makin performance parts for 04 and later so i need ideas and answers about what if any buell parts mainly the flywheels will fit in an 07 open to all suggestions

What do you mean ???

Kirk the Jerk
26th August 2009, 14:23
I need punctuation.

This might help: www.nrhsperformance.com

Jt1200r
26th August 2009, 14:34
dark horse rebuilt mine

koshak
27th August 2009, 05:12
thanks for the lead on dark horse that will be an option but im trying to go with buell parts since my shop has not had a chance to get wild with an 04 and later sporty yet. we want to see how it will work and if it will at all

chasespeed
29th August 2009, 00:35
Okay.... the heads are the same from the Buell, and your EFI Sporty...

The cams are different, the the C/R, and the induction, and exhaust.

I cannot say for sure, BUT, the cranks, MIGHT be the same. I know in 2000-2002, they used a lighter crank, BUT, I believe, the 03 up Buells, and 04-up XLs MIGHT use the same crank.... Dan from NRHS can confirm, or correct me on that one for sure.....

I am not sure what you mean by no performance parts for the 04 and up XLs...

There are 1250cc, 88ci, and 90ci engine kits available, at NRHS. as well as different levels of head work. I know they can True the crank... and, talk to Dan, he can probably lighten it too....

They do great work, I am a customer, and have been kept happy....

Chase

Robus
29th August 2009, 00:39
I need punctuation.

thanks for the lead on dark horse that will be an option but im trying to go with buell parts since my shop has not had a chance to get wild with an 04 and later sporty yet. we want to see how it will work and if it will at all

At least we got a period out of him.

;)

koshak
29th August 2009, 06:34
first chasespeed the flywheels are different the later buells are not crank triggered and i have already talk to them and we have a good game plan xr1200 flywheels nrhs 1250 pistons N4 or N5 cams i have not made up my mind yet and xb12 heads that i will port and polish along with an RSD tracker pipe and a 1200 ecm flash witch i will then dyno tune at work to fine tune figure i should be able to pull between 80 to 90 horse but thanks for the feed back and far as performance parts i should have been more clear i guess S&S no longer makes flywheels or hot set up kits for 04 and later sporties

now second robus and kirk the jerk is yer life so pittifull that you talk s*** over the internet? get a life

Robus
8th September 2009, 07:09
Koshak, let's just say mer life is a werkk in pro-gress. Not trying to talk #$#%@ to you. Don't misunderstand me. It would just be a lot easier to read you if you would throw in a few punctuation marks, just for the lols.

Phelan
8th September 2009, 08:22
Okay.... the heads are the same from the Buell, and your EFI Sporty...

The cams are different, the the C/R, and the induction, and exhaust.

I cannot say for sure, BUT, the cranks, MIGHT be the same. I know in 2000-2002, they used a lighter crank, BUT, I believe, the 03 up Buells, and 04-up XLs MIGHT use the same crank.... Dan from NRHS can confirm, or correct me on that one for sure.....

I am not sure what you mean by no performance parts for the 04 and up XLs...

There are 1250cc, 88ci, and 90ci engine kits available, at NRHS. as well as different levels of head work. I know they can True the crank... and, talk to Dan, he can probably lighten it too....

They do great work, I am a customer, and have been kept happy....

Chase

Actually, assuming the '07 is a 1200, the pistons and CR arethe same as the XB12s. The crank, cams, induction, exhaust are different.