PDA

View Full Version : Rear Turn Siginal Relocation

SpartanDen
23rd May 2007, 01:44
OK... I'm following the lead of Folkie and Louie Evo and mounted a rear t/s relocation kit for a soft tail on my Sporty. Didn't exactly fit like a glove, but if you don't look closely (ie: get down on your hands and knees and use glasses). I like the looks... nobody else in town has it... and I like it!
The only problem is today I noticed the right t/s did not blink. Checked the bulb and it is ok. Brake light works as well (i have the brake light/turn siginal module and red lens). Tonight when I got home, it worked. Now I notice sometimes the indicator comes on and stays lit, then slowly blinks once or twice, then appears normal. Left side works ok, but right seems strange. I did take the connectors apart to run the wires, but they went back together and triple checked three times and all was well last night. Any thoughts???

Also any ideas on what to do with the holes where the original t/s mounted??

Massdog05
23rd May 2007, 05:26
I've still got the holes in muy struts too, so no help there. No guarentee, but you might remove your brake-t/s module and see if it works. Accidently fried mine once. That was $70 worth of education.

Gone
24th May 2007, 17:25
Denny,

check the bulb, by swapping with a new one never hurts to have a spare on the shelf, or use one of the old bulbs if they are the same. recheck the connections in the tail light. to check the module use a multimeter or a test light. if you do not have those test the TS mod by swapping connections in the tail light housing, if the problem goes to the left side i would replace the TS module. i usually try not to take the connectors apart....makes for bad connections...down the road.....

to fill the holes in the fender strut covers....
the local hardware store should have chrome, brass, and or stainless steel
pop in hole covers in various sizes. a hand full of them and those ugly holes are history....

the TS reloc kit and the new strut covers on my sporty are
of the few parts that survived being broadsided by a truck....

hope you get this worked out...pm me if ya need help....

H

myrl883
24th May 2007, 17:33
Sounds like either a poor ground to the light, or a problem with the module. Check ground connections first.

Prebs
24th May 2007, 17:34
Also any ideas on what to do with the holes where the original t/s mounted??

HD has something you can stick in the holes. they are a couple of bucks a piece. kinda cheap though gotta stick then in careful or the little teeth break off.

I got a few when I relocated mine. Others may have used something else.

Here is a pic. Kinda hard to see but they are there

http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/medium/cover_n_shocks_Small_.JPG

Deimus
24th May 2007, 17:41
I did a search for the covers and I found this thread (http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=25267&highlight=fender+cover+plugs). In post number 10, V-XL shows the he covered the holes with this Harley medallion: 91723-02 (http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444229225 3&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309042492&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309042492&bmUID=1180024752005&bmLocale=en_US). This seems like a winning idea.

SpartanDen
26th May 2007, 19:25
Thanks for the replies. I been busy at work this week so I have not been on the computer.
The t/s just gave me problem the one day. I dinked around with things and everything seems to be working properly. I have not had any problems or issues since the first day. So I suspect there may have been a bit of looseness someplace. All seems well now.
Love the new look. It gives the rear a more compact and sporty look. Now just need to find time to go to the hardware/auto parts store and do some snooping around.