PDA

View Full Version : Rubbermount_EFI primary side oil change

otterlv
29th September 2009, 02:36
My buddy is an auto shop teacher and was helping me learn to change my oil. We got through the oil tank and oil filter. Then he had a loss in the family. I don't want to bother him since he has more important issues, I just need help ( and maybe a pic or 2) to help change the oil in my primary. A pic of where to drain and where to fill would be greatly appreciated, also is there any other trick i may need to know.

ridinfool
29th September 2009, 03:15
Man...this video is getting wore out....lol :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_sa_S3plos

:pgrflag:

ridinfool
29th September 2009, 03:21
The video is for clutch adjust and stuff...if you just wanna change the primary oil....there is a nut on the rear of the primary....just loosen that and drain the oil. When you go to fill it, use the primary chain hole to fill..(it's the one with the 2 Alan head screws on the primary)....don't take the clutch cover off unless your doing a clutch adjust...

otterlv
29th September 2009, 03:34
another stupid question. I asked the guys at the dealer for oil for my oil tank and primary lube, they said since i opted to go with synthetic, that i run synthetic in both the oil tank and the primary. is this correct.

ridinfool
29th September 2009, 03:42
Well...we surley don't wanna start another oil thread here...:shhhh but you can run it if you want too...I like the primary + that Harley sells for my primary and for the engine oil, well, it's yur choice.

diouxsie
29th September 2009, 03:50
If you are going to use H-D SYN3 you can put in the primary and engine.

khaskins
29th September 2009, 06:14
Pickup a copy of the service manual that covers your model. It will be one of the best investments you'll make. With a few tools, the service manual and xlforum you'll be wrenching in no time. The dealer gave you good information this time. Always good to ask questions.

wandrur
29th September 2009, 06:29
My buddy is an auto shop teacher and was helping me learn to change my oil. We got through the oil tank and oil filter. Then he had a loss in the family. I don't want to bother him since he has more important issues, I just need help ( and maybe a pic or 2) to help change the oil in my primary. A pic of where to drain and where to fill would be greatly appreciated, also is there any other trick i may need to know.

Pickup a copy of the service manual that covers your model. It will be one of the best investments you'll make. With a few tools, the service manual and xlforum you'll be wrenching in no time. The dealer gave you good information this time. Always good to ask questions.

Jiminy Cricket, FINALLY somebody said it!!! Thanks Karl. :smoke

otterlv--:rtfm Seriously. Go to ebay right now and buy the service manual for your bike. It will make your life so, so, so much easier, and it's just fun to leaf through and look at the pretty diagrams. :D

Biker Farm Boy
29th September 2009, 13:17
Ott, I don't think its my imagination but the Harley Formula+ tranny lube lets the gears shift much quieter than the Syn3, however it does smell like 3 day old urin.