PDA

View Full Version : which equalizer?

caseyjones
4th October 2009, 00:59
I want to fit some LED indicators(blinkers) to my 97 Hugger but not sure which Badlands equalizer to use...theres too much choice and I don't want to pay out for one that does too much...just want the blinkers to flash.
Theres no security on the bike but I'm not sure if it has self cancelling facility as no lights were fitted when I got the bike!
Anyone got any ideas?

94Sporty
4th October 2009, 07:41
First thing is to figure out if your Turn Signal module is still on the bike. It is a black box about 2 inches by 4 inches by 1/2 inch thick. It will be mounted underneath the seat somewhere. Probably have an 8 pin gray connector on it. If it is still there you should be able to use the badlands load equalizer I. If you plan on running emergency flashers a lot like in a parade, go for the II. If the Turn signal module is gone, then you are going to need something with a built in flasher function. Hope this helps, Roger

Also there is some good reading about load equalizers on this thread.
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=205077

caseyjones
4th October 2009, 19:22
I'm guessing I must have a module cos if I wire in some stock blinkers they work fine...can't find it(the module)though and I guess I will need to if I want to wire in an Load Equalizer what ever the model,I'll do a bit more investigating tomorrow....looks like I need to get a manual!