PDA

View Full Version : Carfax for Motorcycles??

vetteguy
5th December 2004, 22:34
Hey guys, the title says it all. Is there anything similar to Carfax for bikes. As I am looking for a bike I would like to be able to check it out as far as odometer readings etc. Thanks, Guy

bud095
5th December 2004, 22:43
it sure would be nice! :wonderlan

dabronco
6th December 2004, 03:20
What you have to remember is ONLY those items dealt with by the dealer will ever be reported by carfax or any similar service. Many problems are dealt with by the owner or some small shop somewhere. Carfax will never know about such things. We buy condition, not mileage. I've seen some pretty sad "Low mileage, one owner classics" in my day. I've also seen some beautifully maintained high mileage buys. Just be sure your eyes are open and be prepared to walk away if something ain't right. Alot of people get bitten by the "gotta have it" bug and buy something that onlyneeds
a few (expensive) things.

neckball
6th December 2004, 19:44
Did you know that there are 26 states that don't give up the information to Carfax? I'm not sure how it's set up but the Carfax ain't that accurate unless you live in a state where the information is available to Carfax. But I'd say it's better than nothing. Just don't put 100% faith in it.

vetteguy
6th December 2004, 22:33
I agree carfax is not the Bible, it is just one tool in the buying process. I just like the fact that everytime a car is titled or Emmis. test they record the odometer reading so you can tell if there is a problem. I guess the answer to my question is, No. Thanks, Guy

Darhawk
7th December 2004, 00:37
Sorry to say fellow bikers, but it remains now as it did in the past...............

Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regardless of what service is used to provide background information on a car, truck or bike, garbage in will result in garbage out. :confused:

crash
20th July 2013, 03:45
Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2