PDA

View Full Version : thank you

hog rider
28th May 2007, 19:22
I would like to give my thanks to all Veterans and Military members on this day.:usa3

Johnny Wolf
28th May 2007, 19:25
I would like to give my thanks to all Veterans and Military members on this day.:usa3

I second that!

buckhorns
28th May 2007, 19:27
I add my thanks too.

28th May 2007, 19:30
A Huge thank you from me and my family! Thank you for all you do to keep us safe. You guys do a fantastic job, be safe out there.

SportsterBart
28th May 2007, 19:37
A sincere and heartfelt THANK YOU to all of our service members and veterans :usaflag

flathead45
28th May 2007, 19:51
I am soo glad I served during peacetime but for those of you serving now (including my o/l's son, Keith) thank you

and those of you who served for the last few wars again I thank you

keep up the good fight:urock

:usa3

fafcpa
29th May 2007, 02:31
My thanks too!

Fred

RoadChick
29th May 2007, 15:52
Sorry I missed this thread!! Thank you to all who have served and those that are serving.. I am disappointed that this thread has not had more posts..

Without YOU we would not enjoy the freedom and lifestyle we have here in the US that we so often take for granted.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

:usa3

Gone
29th May 2007, 16:00
I wish to express my thanks also. my wife and I both play the trumpet and a couple of weeks ago I played Taps for a WWII vet's service and yesterday my wife went out to a major cemetary here in Indy and played Taps twice just to say a small thank you. Dave

wakeup
29th May 2007, 16:00
My thanks to all my fellow service members, those of present, past, and especially those in harms way.

I'd just like to say thank you to all the people that show thier support like you all are doing now. It really is awesome to know what kind of support is behind us.

ken01976
29th May 2007, 16:15
Thanks to all our military personell past and present and thanks Sgt Steven Reynolds, we won't forget...

Piggy
29th May 2007, 16:32
Sorry I didn't see this before but I just want to say thanks to all my fellow veterans. :usaflag

klown
29th May 2007, 16:41
Yeah, I didn't see this thread. Thanks to all that have and currently serve. :smoke

wabiker
29th May 2007, 16:48
Ditto from WaB

Ingreen99
29th May 2007, 16:55
<Salute>
:us:

chorister
29th May 2007, 16:58
I've been away fromt he forum for a while -- just very busy at work and extracurricular activities.

I was in DC this past weekend with the Rolling Thunder group for their annual demonstration and protest. It had to be one of the most incredible experiences I've had. There is just not enough we can do to show our appreciation for those who step up to protect this country's freedoms--regardless of what we think of the current situation in Iraq. Fortunately, this country has learned from its poor treatment of returning Vietnam vets 30 and 40 years ago, that those who put themselves out there on the front lines deserve respect, honor and support for their efforts.

The Rolling Thunder demonstration this year drew more than a half million bikers, plus their passengers and loved ones. I admire them for their persistence in bringing attention to those soldiers who never made it home, who may still be prisoners or war or whose remains were never recovered. The government has neglected to get involved, leaving the efforts to find the missing to private citizens and organizations like Rolling Thunder and others. It is a tragedy for the families whose sons, fathers, brothers, sisters, etc. have been forgotten by the very government that put them in harm's way.

I'll be honest and say that I do not agree with this war in Iraq. But I can't fault the soldiers who have chosen to stand up for America's ideals and I support their efforts and pray for their safety while overseas and their safe return. Those who face these horrors or are wounded at such a young age--I cannot begin to imigine or understand what the rest of their lives will be like, having gone through this.

But we need to remember and care for those, past and present, who have heeded the call to serve. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to witness the Rolling Thunder demonstration and grateful to all of our soldiers who have, are or will someday serve.

DinoSport
29th May 2007, 17:01
My sincerest thanks to all serving and who have served.

I'd also like to thank those of you who support our troops and are vocal about it. It's great to see how many American's hearts and minds are in the right place.

As the Mickley's know, observing a funeral with full military honors is a heart-wrenching experience. If you have a chance to attend one, I recommend doing it. It means a lot to the families and it will mean a lot to you.

Gone
29th May 2007, 17:03
I missed this thread, Thank You to all service members and veterans.

XLFREAK
29th May 2007, 17:10
Thanks to all who have served.

1STONE
29th May 2007, 17:14
A huge thanks to all the veterans and current military out there, putting their life on the line as so we can all sleep safe and be safe, from my wife and I,

thank you and god bless us all

Montag
3rd July 2007, 03:38
chorister, in particular, offered much of what I would have, so let me say ditto and a simple but heartfelt thank you all! I would like to add that one special day is nice, but I am sure most will agree thanks and appreciation every day is in order.

u8mymeat
16th July 2007, 13:04
Thank you fellow veterans, fortunately, I have been able to work and support the military as a DOD contractor for 19 years.

Wheezy
16th July 2007, 14:38
Your welcome:smoke